ZNA 2019?

the goa constrictor

Anyone else going to Portugal next summer for ZNA?

It's far from home and I'm traveling solo. If anyone might be camping with a crew and have some extra space for a constrictor to join the adventure, let me know!

=)

Got my presale tickets (100 eur) yesterday.  I'm very happy!

It was a massacre. The 100 eur tickets were sold in about 20 minutes. I got mine at about the 7 minutes mark. Phase 1 and 2 tickets were sold out in a few hours, now it's only the last phase which was supposed to last unti 1st August. I doubt it will last a lot more. Last chance for some people will be to go to their local ambassadors.

My friends didn't have cash at hand so I didn't buy tickets for them, since they still owe me money from the 2017 edition. If they want tickets, they will have to be quick to get them from our local ambassador (Haris AKA DJ Fishimelf).

Now my problem is that my credit card has been charged twice, because of technical problems. I'm actually trying to solve this matter today, without jeperdizing my tickets.

Anyway, we'll talk about it in the next months.

yeah, my card was charged twice and I got two email confirmations/tickets, but they have the same bar code on them, so I think it's only one ticket.

I'll get that sorted with ZNA but am pleased to have gotten a ticket during the chaos. Set my alarm and made sure to take my lunch when they went on sale =)

2 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

yeah, my card was charged twice and I got two email confirmations/tickets, but they have the same bar code on them, so I think it's only one ticket.

I'll get that sorted with ZNA but am pleased to have gotten a ticket during the chaos. Set my alarm and made sure to take my lunch when they went on sale =)

That's exactly what happened to me and the same happened to a friend of mine.
I sent them an e-mail today for them to take care of the double charge. DJ Banel of Iboga fame was the one replying and said they reversed it.
I hope that they don't mess things up and cancel the order too. Will wait until I get the final credit card statement and then bother them again to make sure everything is fine.

I'm kinda thinking I might hold onto it a bit in case I find someone else who wants to travel with me. Then they can have my extra. I figure if we arrive at the same time, it's okay if both tickets have my name on it. I'll wait a few days for them to sift through their angry emails from people who got charged and haven't received their confirmations yet.

This line up is just fucking gold though. I'm so excited and there are still many more acts to announce.
I'm kinda tempted to just drop a stupid amount of money on a tipi, if I'm gonna be traveling that far and making a holiday out of it, maybe I should just relax without the stress of setting up camp. But for $700+, I can definitely pack some extra bags on a flight or buy a new tent after I land in Portugal.

Tents in Portugal are so cheap. Get a decent one at Decathlon for like 30eu that only weighs a few kgs, then you can take it home in your luggage.

I will definitely be there. Tickets purchased. Excited for my first ZNA... I wasn't in Europe in 2015, and in 2017 I chose the Eclipse in America instead.

At this stage I could be solo or I could have a group of New Zealanders / Indians / Slovenians / Australians with me. 

Everyone I know who did 2015 said it was one of the all time great parties. Those who did 2017 all said it was very good but not quite as good as 2015. Curious to see how this one pans out.

Well,

I've rented a big house in Ponte de sor (closest big town). At the last edition we did the same thing (5 of us).  We rented from day 3 til the end.

The first 2 days are perfect but after 3-4 days living standards standards in the tent start to deteriorate (thoery of chaos) and I can't be bohered to put them in order. A good nights sleep in clean sheets and a hot bath are always nice. Also  at festivals, often, I feel like I need a change of environment, just to go out have a decent lunch, sit at a park etc.  Last time we even went to a lavo-mat (lavanderia) and washed our clothes, it was really funny because the cops stopped us on the way back and they opened the trunk of the car lookin for drugs and they were met with bags of freshly washed aromatic clothes!

From the main road to the fest is about 10km of dirt so one must have a vehicle. Having a car means that you also save A SHIT LOAD of money on alochol and food.

As for the line-up, it's already phenomenal. 

My friend Haris (DJ Fishimself) is one of the stage managers at the Chill stage and he told me that they are negotiating for a projects that's going to be historical. A HUGE ACT (not of the psy/goa scene) that rarely plays in fests. I can't tell you the project but it is legenday. I already knew about Juno Reactor, so it wasn't a surprise for me.

Today they announced Total Eclipse with 2/3 of the original line up, they did the same thing for the Twisted Bday in 2006 but their live was not good at all, it seemed like they were not on good terms. I hope their relationship is better now. GNOTR with full line up would be great. Slinky Wizard is also another project that I keep on missing at fests, hope I catch!

20 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Do you happen to know who I should check-in with regarding playing a set?

Since I'm gonna be out there, might be nice to throw down some tracks.

I don't know how feasible that is but Anoebis, Draeke and Solitaire (members of the forum) I'm sure will be Dj'ng there so you can speak with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad you are going this year Goa Constrictor! ;D Sadly I can't make it this year unless I cancelled plans (which I cannot). And freakin Toi Doi just got announced. I'm crusheddddd... the only artist I NEED to see out of my wantlist. Everyone enjoy it twice as hard for me haha

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, the goa constrictor said:

Is it hard to rent vehicles in other countries? I'm considering doing that so I can buy camping supplies and food but have never had to look into this before

Agian this year I have rented a car for 10 days + full insurance for around 330 eur. It was improtant not to rent during 15-17 August since 15 August is a huge holiday in Catholic countries. Prices were double during that weekend.

Even If you are 2 ppl the investment will return itself MANY times. I actually did the maths at last ZNA, that we were 5 ppl so the costs were split 5 ways but even 2 ppl makes a lot of sense.

Food in the festival and drinks are about 10 times more than expensive than if you make it yourself by going to the supermarket. 50 eur per day for food and alcohol was enough for 5 people (10 eur per person per day). Just a beer from the bar costs 3 eur.  And we drink a lot of alchol, we drank about 300 beers (over the whole festival) + 1 bottle of bacardi per day + whatever else we were buying. And we were never hungry,

and it's not just about money:
We went and washed our clothes at a "lavanderia", we visisted the surrounding area when we felt like we had had enough with the festival and needed to relax a bit.  I really can't seen myself (anymore) going to a fest without a car.
The only exception really was Aurora festival in North Greece, the camp was situated right at the edge of the town so you really had everything at walking distance but that's something very rare.

If you anyone decides to rent don't forget that you must have a Credit card (NOT A DEBIT CARD) with 1000-2000eur availabe limit for the insurance to block for security. Last time it was 900 eur, this time they need 1550 eur (different insurer though).

On 2/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, the goa constrictor said:

Is it hard to rent vehicles in other countries? I'm considering doing that so I can buy camping supplies and food but have never had to look into this before

you do need a valid driving licence to rent a car.
as far as i remember you're from north america and at least u.s. driving licences (because they require way less lessions and practical experience to obtain) are not accepted in all countries (at least for here i know they are not accepted, you might want to check for portugal).