Suntrip Updates

Dear goa-trance lovers!

Today it feels like an old school goa-trance special from Suntrip. If you are not interested in updates anymore, just reply with "no", for all the others:

1.) New release: Total Eclipse - Tokyo live 1998
2.) Future releases
3.) Classic Goa Trax
4.) New distribution news!
5.) New T shirts
6.) 15 years Suntrip tour

******************************************************************************************************

1.) New release: Total Eclipse - Tokyo live 1998

What can we say? Pure Rock 'n' Roll of one of the pioneers of our genre! Unreleased tracks and live remixes of well known classics! Funky, acidic, melodic and psychedelic... The essence of the old school parties can be found! :) So how did this release end up with Suntrip? It all started with a gig in Belgium, where Stephane, Joske Anoebis and Elias Agneton were eating fries together. After a while we came to the subject "DAT-tapes" and in the end he promised us to give us what was left to see if there was something interesting. As Fabien Mars lives in Bordeaux (where Stephane also lives) this was very easy and Fabien (with the help of Cosmogenesis) discovered a lot of stuff on those DAT-tapes. One of them being this live act from 1998 :)

For now it is only available on our Suntrip shop and bandcamp, but at the 6th of may it will be available allover (why? Check point 4.) :)
https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD55/
https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/tokyo-live-1998

The tracklist

1. Electro Gismo (Live)            6:53
2. Defrost (Live)            7:51
3. Kikamboot (Live)            6:28
4. Partycles (Live)            6:28
5. Sunrise (Live)            9:35
6. Collapsar (Live)            6:32
7. Miyukette (Live)            6:46
8. Chaotic Circus (Live)        5:17
9. Free Lemonade (Live)            5:38
10. Space Clinic (Live)            5:21
11. Are You Abducted (Live)        6:09
12. Psychedelic Terrorist (Live)    5:25

******************************************************************************************************

2.) Future Releases

Suntrip is on fire! Because of some mysterious energy in the air, a lot of artists were ready around the same time with a great album! So a lot of releases are planned the next year... :) Here is the exact schedule :)

Median Project - Constellation (the 27th of may):whoaaa! Astral Projection meets Mindsphere! Epic melodies, morning sound, but with a lot of acid over it!
Battle of the Future Buddhas (end of august): yes, a new album... And we will release it on ZNA!!!
Sykespico debut album (september): full power goa-trance from the holy land!
Celestial Intelligence second album (november): everyone knows these guys, time for a sequal!
*** - *** (21st of december): a big old school name releasing unreleased and classic goa stuff with Suntrip! Soon to be announced...

And 2020? Well, we have Mindsphere working on a 2CD album, we have Triquetra tweaking and twisting, we have Filteria who is active again... We have Cosmic Dimension and... it never stops, we have too much good artists, hahaha! :) And a VA as well? 

3.) Classic Goa Trax

Suntrip started with something new: a sublabel! And not just "a" sublabel, but thé sublabel for all goa-lovers! 
We noticed a serious amount of old school goa releases are unavailable these days. Nowhere to find in full quality and extremely expensive on discogs. Because of that we had a talk with many of the artists and a lot of them were ok to re-release their old stuff digital with us! So what can we offer:

- Digital re-releases of classic goa-trance albums, vinyls and singles!
- Bandcamp and every other possible source: itunes, beatport, spotify,...

For now we agreed around 35 cds already, and we will upload 1 every week for now! The schedule of april looks like this:

15th of april: California Sunshine - Trance
22th of april: One Man Game - Total Trance
29th of april: Pran - Cyclone

And you will be able to buy this music on every online site around that date. For sure on our bandcamp:

http://classicgoatrax.bandcamp.com

4.) New distribution news!

After 15 years with a great Brittish distributor, Arabesque, we decided to take a step towards a new distributor: Beatspace! For you guys this won't make a difference. Our music will stay available allover! But for once, the Total Eclipse will only be available allover the world (psyshop etc) the 6th of may! In the future our personal release date will stay in the range of 1 week with the one of our distributor!

5.) New T shirts

Finally we were active again with our merchandising! We printed new t shirts, and we have more new ones coming up! :) We have special 15 years Suntrip prints already and a unique Japanese print coming up soon! To keep it simple, check our shop for this once in a while.

https://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/

6.) 15 years Suntrip tour

Our tour started and we had editions already in Belgium, Romania and Switzerland! Thank you for coming!! It means a lot for us to see goa-trance thriving in countries where it was almost non-existent before! We will work hard to spread it even more in the future! :) Next weeks we have a tour in Japan coming up and the weekend of the 11th of may we go to Hungary! Not much later Serbia is coming up (15th of june) and then the summer season start! :) We are still talking with a lot of countries, so epxect more news in our next newsletter! But thanks for the support so far!

Peace, love & Goa-trance ;)

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Anoebis said:

3.) Classic Goa Trax

Suntrip started with something new: a sublabel! And not just "a" sublabel, but thé sublabel for all goa-lovers! 
We noticed a serious amount of old school goa releases are unavailable these days. Nowhere to find in full quality and extremely expensive on discogs. Because of that we had a talk with many of the artists and a lot of them were ok to re-release their old stuff digital with us! So what can we offer:

- Digital re-releases of classic goa-trance albums, vinyls and singles!
- Bandcamp and every other possible source: itunes, beatport, spotify,...

For now we agreed around 35 cds already, and we will upload 1 every week for now! The schedule of april looks like this:

15th of april: California Sunshine - Trance
22th of april: One Man Game - Total Trance
29th of april: Pran - Cyclone

And you will be able to buy this music on every online site around that date. For sure on our bandcamp:

http://classicgoatrax.bandcamp.com

Good initiative, but way too expensive for digital downloads of 20+ years old music... I can get that music for EUR4 via Google's Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/California_Sunshine_Trance?id=B24c2li3kme2c2zr5ofnexhvxxy

Actually, we are thinking of asking 8€ for a full cd on bandcamp for Classic Goa Trax. But that will depend a bit on artists. I am sure some albums can be found cheaper on other places, but the artists get 0€ out of it and mostly it is simply labels trying to get some money illegally... Not sure you want to support that?

Edit: I just checked your link: it is 8€ as well, no?

image.png.f1a0bed4fe397fe47cc9d64b92a51dde.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Anoebis said:

Actually, we are thinking of asking 8€ for a full cd on bandcamp for Classic Goa Trax.

YEs yes yes, even more. Even more to be honest. If someone is willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for used copies just for collecting reasons (and the artists/labels get 0) I don't see why we shouldn't pay a bit more for a re-release.

47 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

YEs yes yes, even more. Even more to be honest. If someone is willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for used copies just for collecting reasons (and the artists/labels get 0) I don't see why we shouldn't pay a bit more for a re-release.

Good point, but Antic also has a point that it is a bit weird when it is available cheaper for 8€ on another place. In the end, the point of bandcamp is supporting the artist, so it will be between 8 and 10 euros. Not sure yet. Minimum 8 and people CAN pay more if they want sounds more reasonable (but people never use that option anyway) :p 

I think it's a great idea. Maybe even release some music that was only released digitally but never physically!

But will the upcoming re-releases be with a physical CD? If yes, I might probably consider buying the whole catalogue. :D

27 minutes ago, Anoebis said:

Good point, but Antic also has a point that it is a bit weird when it is available cheaper for 8€ on another place. In the end, the point of bandcamp is supporting the artist, so it will be between 8 and 10 euros. Not sure yet. Minimum 8 and people CAN pay more if they want sounds more reasonable (but people never use that option anyway) :p 

I was referring to the physical copies to be honest, hence the excitement  :wub:

But the main reason that Bandcamp became popular on the first place was the honest charging scheme and the direct support to the artists. Something you don't really get with Google play, Spotify etc. 

EDIT: I thought when you mentioned cd you meant a physical copy :) 

I thought I was clear, haha :D Lets write it again:

" Digital re-releases of classic goa-trance albums, vinyls and singles! "

No cds planned for now... Already too much going on with Suntrip, I cant combine working full time with all this :D

• Like 1

It's not my fault, it's you, the younger generation that has mixed things up.

Digital = something that uses binary bits. A physical cd is as digital as a download.

CD = Compact DISC. I have never been able to download a disc so far :P

Add to that my excitement for older releases and there you are. 

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

4 hours ago, antic604 said:

Good initiative, but way too expensive for digital downloads of 20+ years old music... I can get that music for EUR4 via Google's Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/California_Sunshine_Trance?id=B24c2li3kme2c2zr5ofnexhvxxy

Isn't Google Play Music limited to 320Kbps?

46 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

It's not my fault, it's you, the younger generation that has mixed things up.

Digital = something that uses binary bits. A physical cd is as digital as a download.

CD = Compact DISC. I have never been able to download a disc so far :P

Add to that my excitement for older releases and there you are. 

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

How to write it: downloadable re-releases? This can also be done when you release a cd? :D argh!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Anoebis said:

How to write it: downloadable re-releases? This can also be done when you release a cd? :D argh!

Lol. Anyway, I think it is a really good initiative. No remastering or reworked artwork. Just the music we loved back then, sounding the way we loved it. And the artists can still get something out of it.

Kudos.

32 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Lol. Anyway, I think it is a really good initiative. No remastering or reworked artwork. Just the music we loved back then, sounding the way we loved it. And the artists can still get something out of it.

Kudos.

Thanks!

That was exactly the idea. :) 

5 hours ago, Anoebis said:

You can always use terms such as digital-only or CD-only release.

Congrats and good luck with the sub-label! :+1:

On 4/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Anoebis said:

Median Project - Constellation (the 27th of may):whoaaa! Astral Projection meets Mindsphere! Epic melodies, morning sound, but with a lot of acid over it!
Battle of the Future Buddhas (end of august): yes, a new album... And we will release it on ZNA!!!
Sykespico debut album (september): full power goa-trance from the holy land

This is just about all I could ever ask for in 2019. More than excited for these releases. 

• 2 weeks later...

And, again, big news for old school goa lovers! 
MFG is back, and they will release a new album, filled with only 90s unreleased tracks and remixes, on Suntrip Records! The release date will be the 21st of december 2019!

But thats not all, they are also available again for pure old school/retro live sets! You want to have both legends playing on your party? Please write to:

604bookings@suntriprecords.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

MFG? Awesome :) I'd also love to see a remastered/unmixed/BPM fixed edition of a few MFG classics like Psychic Resonator and much of Project Genesis.

We are talking about this for Classic Goa Trax... :) 

• Like 1

MFG :+1::D the Total Eclipse album sounds like intriguing news as well! :wub:

If there will be TB-303 live tweaking like in this live-set with Total Eclipse from the 90’s, it can’t be anything but a total bliss.

07.30 min into the clip.

8 hours ago, Diaks said:

MFG :+1::D the Total Eclipse album sounds like intriguing news as well! :wub:

If there will be TB-303 live tweaking like in this live-set with Total Eclipse from the 90’s, it can’t be anything but a total bliss.

07.30 min into the clip.

Actually, there was a lot of live tweaking, check our youtube channel if you are unsure? And buy if you like :D