Out of the loop, need to get back into it (Part 2)

Mergi

Hello again!

I've been thinking and came to the conclusion that the first round ( at https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/68872-out-of-the-loop-need-to-get-back-into-it/?p=1042053) wasn't really enough.

Also I have a bit of an overflow of music to listen to so I rarely get the chance to really get to know my stuff. So, I was planning to force myself into a position in which I have no other choice than to really acquaint myself with the records from the previous loop and this one.

Here goes.

1) Another 10 records is to be chosen (psy/goa/prog/tech but no hippy ambient), by you (I'm still far from into the loop)

2) Only one CD per user

3) Still only psyshop (lazy ass dude want them in one package)

4) Music released 2010 and forward (can include material which has been produced earlier but was released only recently, though has it been released before 2010 to the public it is a no go)

5) Same as before I'll listen review rate and in the end the user(s) (more than one user can get the final prize if I can't make up my mind) who chose the best CD(s) will get 2 CDs of her/his choice bought by me from psyshop.

Now this isn't the end of it...

All in all I'll be having 20 CDs in total from these two competitions and the plan is to chose 1 track from each CD and stream it as a live mix on interstatefm.com ( http://interstatefm.com/index.php?title=Category:Mergi).

Hopefully in this way I'll get to know the stuff a bit better.

Now fire away! :D

yes yes, mee discogs http://www.discogs.com/user/Mergi

• Like 1

that's a good question... but I think you had more to chose from and some were even editing posts on the go. So it'll be a yes from me here, those who were in the first loop can also be in the second loop. But of course CDs that I already have wont be chosen. :)

You will miss out on some pretty good releases due to that psyshop restriction, such as

VA - Moon Ritual (Amakusa Records, JP)

VA - Nu Goa (Matsuri Digital, JP)

These are just off topic , off competition recommendations :P

Edit: I see you have not heard the latest juno reactor album!

I doubt it's on psyshop.

Do check it out

Juno reactor - golden sun of the great East. You can even have pink and gold vinyls :P

A meant, in the first loop I mentioned you should choose your favorite CD from the 2010-now. And I know that I myself have very much trouble discerning what record is my favorite as I have many favorite records. So for this round I merely wanted more freedom, you choose a record at your leisure instead of having to delve through a number of records and coming up with your favorite one. Hopefully I'm making sense here.

and in you of course I mean you guys! not any particular user. sorry for the confusion. Penzoline be so sure, your recommendation is in the list :). I'm not skipping anyone here no no.

Hi Mergi, good luck with your search not easy to find unforgettable stuff nowadays!

For me best release since 2010 was Ubar Tmar - Ubarpedia. It is a triple CD but not available on Psyshop.

Then I can suggest you something technoish, hopefully you'll like it: Cybered Acid box http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hah/hah1cd009.html

Ubarpedia -- Bravo!! What a recommendation..

One has to really dig for this CD. :)

yeah! indeed a runner up mindsphere is. but as I pointed out in the original post I really need to _listen_ to them because right now I wouldn't be able to tell any of those CDs apart. Listen and play with them, get to know them, maybe I will understand Kindzadza in the end!

Ra I have only the first To Sirius, so it is good to get some of the newer albums. Very good.

hmm it's chill out :P... I would feel bad not including this though. Pity 9th isn't in stock it would've been an easy choice.

Celaripo, do you have anything that is not chill/ambient to recommend?

Ra I have only the first To Sirius, so it is good to get some of the newer albums. Very good.

hmm it's chill out :P... I would feel bad not including this though. Pity 9th isn't in stock it would've been an easy choice.

Celaripo, do you have anything that is not chill/ambient to recommend?

favourite of last year was psysex - mind penetration so i guess that is my recommendation - not chill out dont worry haha