Which tracks do you wish to hear with different sound?

radi6404

So do you know some tracks that you like, but wish they would have different sound? A softer kickdrum, a different bassline, some more filtersweeps? For me there are many such tracks. For example the whole Transwave - Helium album has impressive melodies for me and is a real masterpeace, but I find th kickdrum and bassline way too strong. I would love to hear that album with different sound just like in The Rezwalker (London life mix) with softer kickddrum or maybe by a different artist.

Other tracks I would like to hear with different sound are the milder astral projection tracks with John 00 Flaming sound. His Remix of Mahadeva is impressive in sound and the sound would be great for all other Astral Projection tracks aswell. Big respect to John 00 Flaming.

I can also imagine Etnica and Pleiadians tracks with Green nuns or Slinky Wizard sound. the impressive melodies of Etnica and Pleiadians with the acidic and dark sound fo Green Nuns or Slinky Wizard. That would really be incredible.

What different tracks would you like to hear.

I'm not sure. Maybe a remake of many of the older trance songs like Children, or stuff by Airwave but with an acid/psychedelic twist to them. That would be interesting to see.

Hallucinogen sang by Elvis.

Obviously Oopie knows good stuff.

I definitely think Children by Robert Miles could have had a very nice psychedelic remix. That track to this day still gets me emotionally but it lacks a bit in it's basic sound. So basically this thread is asking for what tracks we would like remixed? I reckon Astral Projection around the time of Another World album could have made it amazing.

i wouldn't fancy it, strangely most of the time i don't fancy remixes of psytrance tracks

look you got an example here

Original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZptIxnxZms

Space tribe remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvREcsMJahc

the remix is almost identical to the original except that it was made with Space tribe sounds, and that's why i find it annoying (not that it is a bad track but it's irritating)

• 3 weeks later...

Great would also be if some artist would remix tracks by Gui Sabbag. His tracks sound really nice but are a bit simple in sound. With a more complex sound and additional elements the tracks could be much better, altough they are not bad as they are now. The yare simple, but they are also very pure in sound.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Make the music yourself instead. If you change music it's no longer what it was and by that no longer identical to the artist who had a vision and an idea creating the music the way it's made. The way it's supposed to sound!.

Make the music yourself instead. If you change music it's no longer what it was and by that no longer identical to the artist who had a vision and an idea creating the music the way it's made. The way it's supposed to sound!.

Have you heart something about cover versions? Except in the underground music styles covers from other artists are a common appearance and make the listenig experience more interesting. It would be great if we had more covers in Goa trance and other styles of electronic music.

Have you heard of the word remix? It's basically a cover version but the word is used more especially in electronic music genres.

They're not quite the same thing, though, are they? Generally a remix involves making direct use of parts of the original recording, whereas a cover is created from scratch.

They're not quite the same thing, though, are they? Generally a remix involves making direct use of parts of the original recording, whereas a cover is created from scratch.

REally? I always thought the cover is closer to the original than the Remix. Abasio I know there are some remixes in goa trance, but if you would check out commercial music, you would find many covers to each song released. In goa trance we have a mreix for about any tenth track released, not more.

REally? I always thought the cover is closer to the original than the Remix.

A cover typically sounds close to the original, since it's meant to be the same piece of music just performed by a different artist. On the other hand a remix can sound completely different from its source, but should include some of the original instruments or vocals. Case in point:

Original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFm87ncj-Xc

Remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbTQb6mmbg