Are you pissed off that there is no psy out there?

radi6404

Are you pissed off that there is no psy out there? You go out with friends or mates, go to cafés, go in shops, in music stores and nowhere hear psytrance. For me it is very hard lately since I really got to like the music and I miss something when I am out and can`t hear such beautiful music. Compared to this kind of music most music seems grey and is hard to listen to. Today I was out and heard Timberland outside. The outside world would be better if we would be able to go to psycafé´s or something. There was a time when chill out was playing here and there, psychedelic chill out, those times are over in lame Bulgaria. Musically Bulgaria is very poor.

I've had dreams of goa/psy trance playing in buses, cafes, bars, televisions and the world becoming a better place.

There is the place for all kinds of music ofcourse and I enjoy classic, oldies, country, Pop and many other kinds of music. But psytrance playing in cafés would be a delightment to me. Nothing better could happen as spending the time in a beautiful café with highest quality soundsystem, where you hear your favourite peaces outside of your home.

No, I have ample opportunities to listen to psytrance when I want to. Most people don't like it, so there's not much point playing it in public places like shops and cafés.

Pretty ignorant post. Goa trance is part of my life, but it seems it is not part of your life and as soon as you shut down your computer goa trance is shutted down in your life aswell, is it?

I was teasing as usual, anyway 2 places where I like to listen to Goa trance (or i should say 3):

-at home, in my pijama (or naked) watching some tennis,

-in my car (when i used to have one before this accident with that motherf*** motorbike back in july :lol: )

-at friend's place, friends who like goa trance of course

and if i really want to listen to goa trance outdoor, i 'll just bring my mp3 player and my headphones (outside i prefer listening to euro trance or ambient though)

i won't stalk every bar around the corner for not playing goa trance

I think that answers your question :)

I understand you well now, Manuser. But for me a public place with goa trance playing would be great for the following reasons:

I can`t afford a soundsystem costing 2000 € or more

I would love to be unaware of the choise, so I could be surprised about this or that favourite track

The atmosphere in a café or club with sunshine, people passing and the view of trees is very different with the energy and sound of goa trance

No, I am not. If I want to listen to it outside, I take my mp3 player with me. I just had to buy a new one and got myself an nice pair of new IEM and now I have fun rediscovering the music due to the new hardware, which makes it sound so much better.

There are lots of parties I could attend, but I only go to the ones with the line-up I really dig.

Other than that, it's more important to spend time with the people I like and the music playing in the background doesn't matter THAT much. Sure, it would be nice if there would be a supercool goa/psy place where all my friends and lots of different, interesting people would like to hang out, with awesome music playing in the background, maybe even a DJ mixing live, but that's not the case and it doesn't matter too much.

//Edit: By the way I listen to many different genres of music and I don't want/need psy or goa to be played in many locations.

Pissed? I'm delighted as hell. What do you want, psy to become like dubstep and be everywhere? Movie trailers, video games, pop tracks? Having every teenager out there act as cool because they listen to it? Britney Spears having a collaboration with Etnica?
Psytrance should stay underground, otherwise this happens.

newego_LARGE_t_661_105619968.JPG

BTW who are these 3 guys?

Pissed? I'm delighted as hell. What do you want, psy to become like dubstep and be everywhere? Movie trailers, video games, pop tracks? Having every teenager out there act as cool because they listen to it? Britney Spears having a collaboration with Etnica?

haha they look douchey as fuck

Mmmm No!

If anything I am bordering on there being "too much" psy in London at times! Not all to my tastes mind you, and not so much goa but still...

Just this week i got to see a retro Talamasca set, and meet the man a hero of mine from his earlier works,

the week before that an amazing prog party and in two weeks time Shpongle Live in London...

Every single week there is more than 2 or 3 parties to choose from depending on your flavour..

So no, this stuff isn't going to be played in any old bar, but for me I wouldn't want it to be. I'd rather experience it at a gig put on by people who love the music and create a beautiful psychedelic space for all to enjoy for 8/16/24/48 hours...

I think you should try and get out to some parties sometime Radi, see what its really all about and support the scene and the djs/artists you love that way! Perhaps even meet some like minded goa girls, hah. :P

first - hahah! Britney Spears & Etnica ;p

second - I've been saying that for years too! "keep psytrance underground" - it can help avoid all that is bad with mainstream edm.

third - ok, phew! I too was wondering who the 3 other guys were..

haha they look douchey as fuck

hahaha! just noticed your reply ;p

Just this week i got to see a retro Talamasca set, and meet the man a hero of mine from his earlier works,

Lucky you!!! I got the complete opposite in 2010. I dont wanna talk about it ;p The same night was the same result with Juno Reactor too. Oh well - least I got to see those guys..