What do you hate most about Full On?

Shpongled247

Sooo I thought we could use a venting thread to vent our displeasures at full on in general. Hah.

Anyway I love some good full on, when it is actually psychedelic and not the same exact thing for 12 hours straight at a party..

My most hated though is the generic scratchy fm leads in nearly every track, specially of "twilight" full on.

Your turn :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I'm a full-on whore as well as other good psychedelic music. but bad full-on, keep that sh*t away from me!

first - I dislike the uninspired, cookie cutter, boring releases. you know when you hear them.

singing - the woman crooning, making almost a religious experience is fine. but actual singing where Im waiting for the little ball to dance across the screen for a sing-a-long song - step outta my house!

Actually I like good full-on...as all good music. What I really cannot stand are those damn breaks and stupid build-ups that lead nowhere and just interrupt you from doing anything, i.e. having fun.

But give me good full-on and I'm all over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIINKcwOk1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6YPuK5czu4

Hyperion, Digicult, Raz, U-Recken...there are some good full-on producers. But of course there are Beat Hackers, Perplex and all that crappy stuff....

Tough choice between the singing and the artwork. Both dreadful.

if you mean the cd cover art, I had a rule once where if the producer puts themself on the cover, it's usually a bad sign haha

Guest D N H

I mostly & usually don't like the fat bassline, plus is way too funky and playful. Also this kind of synths/strings that make it sound like "samba pop" in a way.

I don't like this flashy attitude this music is making, plastic & fancy. Mostly, it lacks depth.

I do love a lot of full on.

But there's some stuff I simply can't stand. An example ?

This fucking crappy commerical shit, other said, last album "Reunion" from Peplex .

I could not even listen to the whole album. I've listened to 3 track, but Im convinced the whole album is filled of same kind of shity track than the one I heard.

Perfect example of worst full on, when you're taking the worst of electro house and you're including it in some full on tunes. Enough said

I do not like the mixing and loud synths in some full on. Mainly melicia and Dynamic have that awful loudness character, also the Delirious remix of people can fly. That is the thing that I hate most about full on, but much of the full on is not that bad fortuantely and I do not mind the rollling bassline. it is a different style of music and the rolling bassline and strange sounds make the music very trippy for background listening when surfing on the internet or doing other things with the computer.

get some good soaring and raunchy full-on like Absolum and friends. WHAMMO! 'Inside the Sphere' album is my example of good.

Bad - the latest Talamasca. bummer.

I mostly & usually don't like the fat bassline, plus is way too funky and playful. Also this kind of synths/strings that make it sound like "samba pop" in a way.

I don't like this flashy attitude this music is making, plastic & fancy. Mostly, it lacks depth.

i could not have said it better!

Guest D N H

Indeed, but as K-BAN mentioned there's some good full-on out there truly. 3D vision had some very good sound and some others sound futuristic.

Some could name this psytrance, others might say it's crossing oldschool progressive, and i think such categorization is not inaccurate since it evokes the same good feelings as the older styles.

Psytrance: mystery, transcendence, futurism

Indeed, but as K-BAN mentioned there's some good full-on out there truly. 3D vision had some very good sound and some others sound futuristic.

thank you 8) Your previous comment was actually what made me post that. your description to me fits the current trend of cheesey psy. that psy makes me vomit! there is no soul to it. the bass sounds like fart "vert vert vert" sounds

next to Absolum there is Audialize, Electric Universe and Space Tribe made some fantastic full-on! lots of madness between those two especially the ESP album. Frequency Surfer is a forgotten gem. Spectrum - XXX album defines the 2003 sounds. Nomad - many more!

I like Astrix and Xerox and conisder that good full on.

Yes, Xerox and with collaborations with Illumination. Astrix was good like 10 years ago. But he too makes junk now. Alien Project was a solid Israeli project, anything by Vic Shefi (Cyber Cartel, Intergalactic collab with Injection). Most of my cd collection if from that golden age of pstrance.

Some could name this psytrance, others might say it's crossing oldschool progressive, and i think such categorization is not inaccurate since it evokes the same good feelings as the older styles.

Psytrance: mystery, transcendence, futurism

to be honest, if Talamasca early tracks (Musica divinorum) are full on, then yes they are good full on...

Such a shame what happened to Talamasca! First few albums were indeed good solid full on, not too much cheese, even somewhat psychedelic... And now... Eeeeeek :(

I would say the same for Space Tribe too, even tho he is an Australian psy legend now...the stuff he puts out now is just..shameful :(

Absolum is really very good.

I liked old Talamasca stuff as well. I once saw this video before staying in Japan and it actually made me want to go to trance parties over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0zyt91YaU

Talamasca - Overload.

But afterwards he only produced cheesy stuff. Said cheesy stuff is (or was, don't know) especially popular in Japan. I attended a party at the Zepp in Tokyo with Astrix, Pixel and some other guys and I couldn't stand it. The music was soooo cheesy and the crowd attending was mainly "overdressed" and either didn't care about the music at all (not that it would have changed anything, as the music was crap), or just raved, but without connection to the music - if you know what I mean. Anyways, sadly there seems to be quite a big market for that kind of cheesy full-on, as the Zepp is one of the biggest venues in Tokyo and it was basically sold out.

On numerous other occasions crappy acts like Perplex, Mad Hatters and so on draw lots of people, where as other acts failed to draw any attention. Cheap, bland, boring full-on = full house.

I would not say that this is shameful :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zprGT2JmYxg

That is about as generic a track as I can stand, so yes it is shameful to me considering his old stuff was quite good goa ;) in context of full on yeah still that is rubbish to me.. Sounds like every Nano records/Uk full on release :/

I think I just really hate that distorted fm style lead that goes nowhere in every track from those guys..Once u hear it a million times it just kills your mind! Hehe

Each to their own though! :)