Tip/Blueroom

psydmt

now this is a tough one!

on one hand you have releases for tip such as........

the colours one of if not the most successful of goa comp series

artists, infinity project, gms, doof, psychopod, and then of course the mystery of the yeti/crystal skulls, some of the best releases ever imo

then you have

total eclipse, cydonia, koxbox, etnica! total eclipse, juno reactor

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

blueroom have it on releases, quality of artists (just) but you can't really compare as most of the great old school artists, played both sides of this fence.

but for me, tip wins, for the colour series, and mystery of the yeti alone, and raj of course!

I always thought Blueroom was more Avant garde and Tip more party music oriented (who saw GMS live around 99 ? Whoa!!!!!!)

Blueroom +1

I saw GMS in Sept. 98, and it was the only time they made me really dance.

Blue Room was THE classy, stylish, refined British label for excellence, in my opinion and in many's as I can see. And who didn't want to have their Loud Speakers? Their merchandise also was top notch, the slipmats! But of course TIP was a milestone in the goa scene as well but a tad bit more psychedelic in the true meaning of the word.

Hard to choose, but I would say Blue Room, just because they released some of my all-time favorites including Alien Protein, Dragon Tales, Beyond The Infinite, Violent Relaxation, Mystical Experiences, to name a few.

Blueroom +1

I saw GMS in Sept. 98, and it was the only time they made me really dance.

I like GMS a lot for example, old GMS is superb. i guess Blue Room with Etnica nd Total Eclipse, but the Infinity Project is awesome aswell. blue Room seems a bit better.

TIP started in 1994 and set the standard for the proper old crusty raw acid washed goa trance. It ended in 1998 and just before it's winding up it gave us a hint of psy breaks with synchro and snake thing.

On the other hand blue room started just a few months after TIP and in the beginning was also pure old crusty goa trance but more refined. As early as 1997 the label started exploring musical territories no goa label dared before - breaks, idm, techno, non-goa trance and non-goa downtempo. Just watch all those CDs from 1998 to it's end in early 2001 - all but goa, all but the same artist, all but the same musical concept. I have them all.

I vote for blue room, which is my favourite uk label together with TIP and dragonfly.

I cant decide but I will say Blueroom had some awesome holographic promo stickers. I have 1 or two still lingering about in an envelope. ;D

ahhh the stickers, lovely stuff from BR.. but mind that TIP also had some stickers (probably less spread though) and the hologram contained in the case of TIP 3D was pretty nice too!

ahhh the stickers, lovely stuff from BR.. but mind that TIP also had some stickers (probably less spread though) and the hologram contained in the case of TIP 3D was pretty nice too!

still got that tip sticker, and a blueroom ( my blueroom tatoo, was based on the sticker, size etc)

I still have a Blue Room Hologram sticker some where and also have the clear Blueroom sticker as well given out by ChaosUnlimited back in the day. Had one on my boot of my car for 13 years but nobody ever said anything to me about it, mind you it is New Zealand.

I still have a Blue Room Hologram sticker some where and also have the clear Blueroom sticker as well given out by ChaosUnlimited back in the day. Had one on my boot of my car for 13 years but nobody ever said anything to me about it, mind you it is New Zealand.

where in nz you from bro?

i had loads of psy stickers on my car growing up there, no one ever recognised them though, had loads of queries about them

you just reminded me I have another Blueroom sticker thats.. blue and orange? a larger one somewhere, possibly in a different envelope still. shoot! I was getting these from an ebay member once ;p I've only used 2 of the shiny ones.

not that i in nz anymore

bit chilly down there at the moment i expect, maybe a slight breeze! ;)

Now what do you define chilly weather for NZ? Its probably still warmer than our spring ;p or exactly that

Blue Room, as it seems, was really legendary label, Etnica helped them alot to gain this mythical/romantical feeling to it :D!

TIP had some awesome releases also, Im pretty sure I havent listened neither to all of BR's nor TIP's releases, but for Etnica's stuff and Infinity Projects two albums alone these two labels are legendary in my book, after all they had high quality releases besides the ones I already mentioned here.

you obviously havn't been to wellington!

trust me, the wind will take the skin of your bones!

true, I havent but I guess I just do not know enough about the country. Over here it is always viewed as a tropical paradise, always sunny. So the comment threw me off is all. With our winters that can reach in the negative degrees F, thinking of this "paradise" being chilly sounds silly ;p I would like to visit one day for sure!