Heavy metal.

exotic

You should check the history of "Judas Priest" exotic.

They once got sued because their lyrics off their songs were the so called cause of two young men killing themselves.

It was huge back then, and only 20 years ago,

very interesting, christianity and stuff, typical America... You can find it on Google...

Interesting indeed. In the documentary which i saw they blamed Marilyn manson for the shootout in Columbine high school. wonder if he can actually be blamed? even though it was later proved that those kids were not his fans it would make for a good debate whether can music/vidoes/videogames actually lead people to commit such drastic acts ?

Sidenote: why are people mentioning Nirvana in a metal topic? They came from the punk side of things. Unlike the other 90's Seattle bands, who did come from the metal side.

i thought the same thing.

a.i.c

mudhoney

soundgarden etc all came from huge metal influences

but don't forget dave grohl, as he's a huge metal head, has anyone heard the probot project he did?

he played all instuments,produced the lot, then asked all the influential singers in his life to sing on each song

singers as

lemmy

kurcht brecht (d.r.i)

cronos (venom)

max cavelerara

great album

India, slayer was here a month back and then guns and roses last week. its a pity only Axl came along with some new band members, i didnt go being a huge fan of slash.

I wish i had got into metal the way some people here were before they got into psytrance. i used to listen to pet shop boys , madonna , chicane and michael jackson :lol: although i was aware of nirvana , iron maiden but never really heard them with the ear that i now hear heavy metal and rock.

btw i got the judas albums you recommeded, really cool. They were on the softer/lighter side with their first few albums it seems.

def lighter side, but part of the priest evolution, i love dream deceiver on sad wings.

did you listen to defenders?

tracks like

sentinel

jawbreaker are amazing

the twin guitars of tipton and downing are what makes them so unique, as well as dave murray and adrian smith, can't forget them. watch some vids, especially in tracks like beyond the realms of death, pure emotion on their face, kind of reminds me of how jimmy page was back in the day.

Sidenote: why are people mentioning Nirvana in a metal topic? They came from the punk side of things. Unlike the other 90's Seattle bands, who did come from the metal side.

Nirvana is actually grunge I guess, but I always figured grunge was a sub genre of metal, not knowing for sure...

'Grunge' isn't really a genre though. It was a label the media made up to try lumping all the 90's Seattle bands together (and the ones that copied them), but those bands all sounded pretty different. Most of them had a metal influence, though no one would really call them metal.

Was at a friends place last night and I met a hard core rock fan, tattooed all over , nice guy , not aggro like some metal fans i know. He had come for the Slayer concert and hasnt returned to his home town coz where i stay is the hub of the rock /heavy metal scene, He showed me a documentary called "Heavy" , four episodes about the origin of metal starting with bands like Black Sabbath , WASP , twisted sister , Judas priest and then going onto Motley Crue , Van Halen and stuff. I have to say that i have been pretty ignorant about rock and he kept pulling my leg about being a retarded electronic music fan, i mean after watching the documentary i thought to myself "Not bad at all, that's pretty bad ass"

This morning I downloaded British Steel by Judas priest which is playing right now and i have to admit this is damn awesome !!! The max i heard was Iron maiden and some Black Sabbath ...

I just wanted to know any metal fans here and what is your opinion about PSY vs Metal , i know apples and oranges but as its common knowledge that metal has the most loyal and dedicated fan base . I mean Judas has 39 million plays on last.fm , i dont know any psy artist that has so many plays ...

It's hard for me to imagine someone learning about Heavy metal after learning about electronic.

have to share these with you all

3 of my priest favorites

all very different

sentinel being my favorite of theirs of all time

to hear it live was a dream come true!

check this out for live

rob halford is part of the big 3 as i call them, but robs voice has gotten better as he has aged, ronnie dio rip was another as well as big bruce

and for some priest you may have never heard or experienced

enjoy!

'Grunge' isn't really a genre though. It was a label the media made up to try lumping all the 90's Seattle bands together (and the ones that copied them), but those bands all sounded pretty different. Most of them had a metal influence, though no one would really call them metal.

I've noticed back when I was listening to a lot of metal, indeed people weren't sure about what to call it,

the term "Garage" has been used also overhere...

It's hard for me to imagine someone learning about Heavy metal after learning about electronic.

Yea I find it a bit strange myself too. Did everyone here start with metal first and then move on to psytrance ? well for most i guess it would have panned out that way.. it seems like that from all the posts... im the only exception I guess. good or bad i dont know ...

let's all hail the kings of british heavy metal (that is how they were known back then) I don't care if some of you don't consider them heavy they are still Kings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

Run to the Hills!

and if i may:

Iron Maiden : Oldschool Heavy Metal = Etnica : Oldschool Goa Trance (read: stays at like)

:)

let's all hail the kings of british heavy metal (that is how they were known back then) I don't care if some of you don't consider them heavy they are still Kings!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

Run to the Hills!

and if i may:

Iron Maiden : Oldschool Heavy Metal = Etnica : Oldschool Goa Trance (read: stays at like)

:)

nice one fed all hail the holly maiden and the air raid siren bruce!

So according to the youtube video,

Run to the hills lyrics is based on Europeans colonize earlier America,

and dividing the land by a contest, the first one their with a flag, had the land. (which did actually happen)

or the youtube video maker just thought it would be funny to make that link...

It would be a good story if that was actually true...

I didn't go to the Youtube page, but the song is definitely about early USA subjugating the natives:

Soldier blue in the barren wastes

Hunting and killing their game

Raping the women and wasting the men

The only good Indians are tame

Selling them whiskey and taking their gold

Enslaving the young and destroying the old

Don't u get it Veracohr, for ppl like kurt,jimbo and Lennon genre doesn't matter, we mention them coz we all miss them :( RIP

People who like psychedelic music, might like this video (and music aswell), one of my favorite progressive bands

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbnY8EK4Ew

Is it possible that you have already posted this video?

I remember being amazed by the clip and the guitars,

but expected another voice/singer...

I like black metal singers, but his voice isn't my style, strange cause I like Amorphis a lot...

Still great track, thanx :)

Did everyone here start with metal first and then move on to psytrance ?

i'm also one of them. it was my second love in music after 60's/70's psychedelic/progressive rock. i own all black sabbath cds. i also liked things like pantera, sepultura, zakk wylde's black label society or guitar focused stuff like yngwie malmsteen (who also has a 80's hair metal touch ;) ).

i never got iron maiden or judas priest. i found them too "thin" sounding and not "heavy" enough for me...

but one of my absolutely favourite metal bands is inexplicably missing from this thread: tool.

hard and heavy, still not noisy or harsh, but mathematical and with synth elements and most of all highly psychedelic (much more so than most recent fullon). listen to the lateralus album, it's a trip!