Soo Etnica and Pleiadians are back. Kinda.

Penzoline

AS for the rest I'm in Ibiza right now, sorting, selecting, speaking with Etnica and whatnot. Oh and by the way I heard some mind-blowing new material that will please every oldschool fan, believe me; i know a thing of two about their music ;)

Richpa, listen to this, Pleiadians new material live:

I think thats a remix of famous old school techno tune which i can't remember right now :/

That melody sounds to me like a sort of a remix of What Time is Love.

its etnica's-pleiadian's version of Genetic's-Transmission

• 4 weeks later...

reger, we know that you don't dig their new productions but saying that everything they produced after Equator is shit is a bit over the top don't you think?

And nobody expected you to buy the album off Arkanoydz. Since I was in charge of helping them at the very beginning to find their first label I can tell you that Andrea took part to the production of the music and you may find it interesting to know he was never obsessed with the oldschool sound or wanted to "remake" any old etnica track. They produced new music and that's it.

Regarding the new productions of Etnica/Pleiadians I am surprised there is no track that you ever liked because even for an hardcore oldschooler there have been some great tracks here and there.

I think that a track like Photonic, for instance and just to name one, was an instant classic.

Obviously if you expect to hear their old sound the exact way it sounded in 96 you are just living in the past, it won't come back like that, technology is progressing and everybody is following it.

Youre probably right, I am partly living in the past when it comes to Etnica/Pleiadians name, because I expect something that doesnt sound like everything else out there and isnt dull and boring.

IF they dropped Etnica/Pleiadians branding it would be completely different story for me, yes, Im harsh on this subject.

Arkanoydz - I didnt expect them, nor do I expect todays Etnica/Pleiadians to compose something sounding the same as in 95-99, no, its impossible, history proved that. What I expected is some soul there, something from them, not sounding like every other boring modern psy tune out there.

Why some other producers can make interesting and kicking tracks within this genre while so called "oldschool legends" appear to be "me-too" copiers?

You might be right about disliking E/P/A tunes as well, I might need more time and more listens to let them grow on me, IFO took years to finally realise and let it in my mind.

But Ive never said that I dont like any of their modern tunes, some I find decent enough, but Im not a fan of them(Etnica/Pleiadians todays sound) and dont like their new sound enough to rave about them.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcvwSYy9d0

Sounds interesting, especially the last tune, I hope its a monster with some nice build ups and litte bit of complexity isntead of just dumb kick-bass breaks after rather intense build ups, thats just nuts why people make great build up and then insert dull, lifeless kick and bass breaks, wtf is wrong with that? Thats the main thing that has plagued E/P tracks, 7even 7isters album wouldnt be that bad if not for so many boring and dull breaks in otherwise interesting tracks.

And btw, that last track in that video, I hope they did not take that main melody sample from KLF's, that would be a shame, because it sounds rather cool and original.

I like the new Pleiadians EP . Has a little full on touch to it which makes it more energetic and danceable IMO . Not just psychedelic brain music like their earlier releases ...

• 1 month later...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcvwSYy9d0

That's quite nice actually.

Much nicer than the Subaru-looking flyer design at the beginning. Sorry, but it just looks cheap to me.

Anyway, it's good to see that video. So it might still be worth to go see them live some day :)

That's quite nice actually.

Much nicer than the Subaru-looking flyer design at the beginning. Sorry, but it just looks cheap to me.

Anyway, it's good to see that video. So it might still be worth to go see them live some day :)

they coming to solar eclipse here in australia in november doing the etnica vs pleiadians thing, may be worth a look