Soo Etnica and Pleiadians are back. Kinda.

Penzoline

http://www.psynews.o...etnica-2012-ep/

+

Posted Image

I rather not see them touch old tracks but oh well..

On the brightside, there's also the fact Draeke is working with them going through the old DAT tapes to release some old goodies. Which is awesome.

http://a5.sphotos.ak...641707820_n.jpg

Thoughts?

In my opinion we can expect well-produced fullon/psytrance versions of thoose classics, not sure will people like it, especially fans of their older discography, but probably I'm gonna enjoy it.

Funny fact about this promo poster is that designer covered 7th star and now logo looks like logo for Subaru cars

• 1 month later...

Not expecting anything spectacular.

Me neither, they should stick to down tempo, thats where they are good at and could have taken Etnicas OR Pleiadians name and keep it for some nice quality down tempo, they have proved that their full on is boring and un-inspiring crap, I mean, if you stick Etnica's name to something then people will expect quality, if you fail to deliver then you will be bashed no matter what. I understand that Etnica/Pleiadians is more about dj'ing and brand milking after split up, but come on, Max and Mauri could do much more than that!

So yeah, why cant they keep their boring monotone full on to Etnica and make Pleiadians down-tempo only? Their down tempo tracks used to be good unlike their full on shite.

Now they have screwed up both of their names after fail 7even 7isters album.

Whos next, Crop Circles?

Arkanoydz was another failure, no one liked it, neither full on crowd, nor old school heads, I wonder what Andrea thinks about it? Was that an attempt to squeeze some money out of Etnica heritage as well? Did they expect JAUTBL/AP/IFO/FOL/EQUATOR fans to jump on and buy heaps of Type One albums?

Draeke, could you please ask him(Mr Rizzo) about Arkanoydz :D? Did he even do some work on those tracks or all he did was allowed his name to appear in band member list to potentially gain more sales :D?

Draeke, could you please ask him(Mr Rizzo) about Arkanoydz :D? Did he even do some work on those tracks or all he did was allowed his name to appear in band member list to potentially gain more sales :D?

I think it would breed non-neccesary negativity, which would bring unneccesary bs to unreleased releasing business. ;)

I think it would breed non-neccesary negativity, which would bring unneccesary bs to unreleased releasing business. ;)

Eh?

You mean Im not allowed to discuss Etnicas history and its members musicality in this thread in order not to upset someone who thinks that this new release will be worth something if compared to their historical works?

Eh?

You mean Im not allowed to discuss Etnicas history and its members musicality in this thread in order not to upset someone who thinks that this new release will be worth something if compared to their historical works?

each to there own buddy

couple of nice tracks on seven sisters

and i actually quite like the arkanoydz

as for the stuff coming up on dat

you will cream yourself my friend, but thats all i will say i will leave the rest up to fed to announce when the time is right

exciting times to come

watch this space!

DAT=old from so called "golden era" of goa when many artists were at the peak of their creativity so it wont surprise me if its quality music from Etnicas mothership far far in outer space.

As for asking Andrea - whats wrong with that, Im sure person with normal self confidence wouldnt mind such question regarding musical quality back then and now. They were younger, had more passion and time to pour into their music, they could devote themselves to it more than perhaps now, nothing wrong with that, but hearing it from someone who was inside all that process would be nice thing ;)

Ive heard already that Carlo and Andrea both were tired of Etnica/Pleiadians together with other personal reasons and thats why they departed.

And sorry, all their post 1999 albums, actually Nitrox included, are quite poor and dont have the musical quality and value to me which they had in their Juggling, Alien, IFO, Family, Equator albums.

Equator was different, but not bad.

Nitrox was different and not Etnica at all, but as I said, its all about brand recongnition, it would be unwise from them to drop Etnica/Pleiadians trade mark and start from scratch with different name, that would gather less bookings and sales.

• 2 weeks later...

reger, we know that you don't dig their new productions but saying that everything they produced after Equator is shit is a bit over the top don't you think?

And nobody expected you to buy the album off Arkanoydz. Since I was in charge of helping them at the very beginning to find their first label I can tell you that Andrea took part to the production of the music and you may find it interesting to know he was never obsessed with the oldschool sound or wanted to "remake" any old etnica track. They produced new music and that's it.

Regarding the new productions of Etnica/Pleiadians I am surprised there is no track that you ever liked because even for an hardcore oldschooler there have been some great tracks here and there.

I think that a track like Photonic, for instance and just to name one, was an instant classic.

Obviously if you expect to hear their old sound the exact way it sounded in 96 you are just living in the past, it won't come back like that, technology is progressing and everybody is following it.