InfectedMushroomVids

Penzoline

lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/InfectedMushroomVids

I just just browsing and I found this channel. Apparently they're working on a new album if anyone cares over here.. they still haven't gotten rid of lyrics thou..

"when I wrote this really crazy lyrics uhh, when I take the shower"

though at 7:30, really, I wish erez would make some music without the IM moniker and crap lyrics. It could be pretty awesome!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I was in the gym. And suddenly I hear the radio host to say ''and we will close with Infected Mushroom''.

Considering the fact that this radio station is really mainstream I said to myself ''oh-oh that can't be good''.

Anyway it must be a new track and sounded more like normal pop than anything. Farewell IM.

Don't like their newer music, but they are surely talented (except for singing ;)). It looks like they are having tons of fun, and you can't really ignore that they have a really unique sound.

Respect for going their own way, although it's not for me.

I would respect them if they didn't do pop.

I don't think respecting people got anything to do with their style of music. It's all about what kind of people they are inside. I don't know the guys but as Profane I do respect them for doing their thing even though I do not like what they do now or what they did back in their popular "psy"trance days.

On the contrary I think it's a bit sad really to see people still cry over them. :)

I don't think respecting people got anything to do with their style of music. It's all about what kind of people they are inside. I don't know the guys but as Profane I do respect them for doing their thing even though I do not like what they do now or what they did back in their popular "psy"trance days.

On the contrary I think it's a bit sad really to see people still cry over them. :)

If you liked them back in the days I'm sure you would be a little sad too about what they are doing now.

it's ridiculous really. taking IM seriously in a goa/psytrance context (from the beginning) is like taking Will Smith seriously in a Hip Hop context or taking Rick Astley seriously in a Synth Pop context. and this is not about matter of taste, it's simply about realizing obvious facts.

If you liked them back in the days I'm sure you would be a little sad too about what they are doing now.

I would not keep crying 10 years later ;)

it's ridiculous really. taking IM seriously in a goa/psytrance context (from the beginning) is like taking Will Smith seriously in a Hip Hop context or taking Rick Astley seriously in a Synth Pop context. and this is not about matter of taste, it's simply about realizing obvious facts.

+ 10.000 :)

You'll get flamed now he he :)

Fact? I don't think so. To me Classical Mushroom is one of the most amazing and psychedelic pieces of music ever written. Which is not a fact either of course, but pure personal taste. And even if it's not taste but fact, that still doesn't change my point of view about the album. ;)

I have to say I also like their newer stuff (haven't heard the last album tho). It has a special and unique sound to me but of course it is far away from what it used to be.

[...] To me Classical Mushroom is one of the most amazing and psychedelic pieces of music ever written. [...]

don't know man. maybe i'm just ignorant and stubborn. i just can't take the music seriously. maybe it is amazing and psychedelic in certain moods. for example i'm able to enjoy Gigi D'Agostino in certain moods, but i would never take him seriously as an artist.

don't know man. maybe i'm just ignorant and stubborn. i just can't take the music seriously. maybe it is amazing and psychedelic in certain moods. for example i'm able to enjoy Gigi D'Agostino in certain moods, but i would never take him seriously as an artist.

I agree. Of course it's all about taste and how you see "psychedelic" but my biggest problem with their early stuff is that I can't stop hearing all the copying they did from a lot of those goa/psytrance artists they grew up listening to. Inspiration is great but their early popular work is to me a lot of copy cat material (I know some disagree heavily). To me they ripped of the sounds from MFG, Astral, Indoor, Edi Miss and a lot of that time's UK artists. I will never agree they did anything remotely innovative (except maybe their production based on having access to huge studios in Israel via BNE).

I don't think you're stubborn or ignorant. It's how you see it and I don't think you are able to change that, nor should you try to do it. It's just taste imho. I'm also able to enjoy differnt music in different situations. But to me that has nothing to do with the Classical Mushroom album. This piece of music is simply mindblowing for me. It always was but obviously tripping enhanced it. But also this is only taste.

Well it's true that Classical Mushrrom sounds exactly like Astral Projection.

And before that The Gathering is almost similar with Indoor.

Now that comes unexpected. Astral Projection are one of the few oldtimers I never gotten into. They have some nice tracks in general their music is pretty meaningless to me. Maybe I should give them another try tho. ;)

Now that comes unexpected. Astral Projection are one of the few oldtimers I never gotten into. They have some nice tracks in general their music is pretty meaningless to me. Maybe I should give them another try tho. ;)

I was being sarcastic. :P

Instead maybe try to explain why you think IM is so unique. I have still not seen one die hard fan being able to pinpoint where the unique in IM is found ;)

I have explained it many-many times in the past. In fact I had a huuuuge fight with bwhale about that some years ago.

What made IM so unique? You can tell it's an IM track immediatelly. They have their own sound. Back in the days when I was new in Goa I was listening to radio shows that played goatrance. Most of the times the DJs didn't tell who is who. It took me years to identify some tracks I have recorded in tapes. But every time I was listeing to a new IM track I could tell instantly it was by them.

If this is not unique, then what is it?

i would like to know since when IM fans are listening to goa/psytrance. my impression is that most of them were actually introduced to goa/psytrance by IM and then also listened to older stuff. am i wrong?

i would like to know since when IM fans are listening to goa/psytrance. my impression is that most of them were actually introduced to goa/psytrance by IM and then also listened to older stuff. am i wrong?

Not for me. IM were one of the earliest artists I've encountered sure, but not the first. I was already a goa fan before I listened to IM.