Toï Doï

GagaISM

Technologic got really hyped when it first came out. I recently bought it together with Sustentator and Psyring Test, but I don't know how to feel about it. Is it just me or is the production kinda muddy and flat?

Ps. How do you people feel about Gilles Coia's later stuff?

Technologic got really hyped when it first came out. I recently bought it together with Sustentator and Psyring Test, but I don't know how to feel about it. Is it just me or is the production kinda muddy and flat?

Ps. How do you people feel about Gilles Coia's later stuff?

I agree but then again it was 2000 and a lot has happened sound wise since then. Just take a listen to how sound has improved drastically since the early 90's, But yes it is kinda flat but that also got to do with very bad mastering from Avatar records. I know they did not do a good mastering job on my releases with them. Especially not with my re-release of "Dance For The Celestial Beings" that sound very flat and way over the top in peak making it distort. But again his original sound is nothing to shout hallelujah about. The same can be said about my early releases :)

Personally I was never that much into his music so I am not the right one to judge his music.

Technologic is the only one of his albums I have and have heard. How do his other albums compare?

Each time I listen to it I dig it more and more. It's very alien, futuristic, dark, driving, and relentless.

Initially I found it a little monotonous, but it has gotten to the point now that I wish the tracks would go one even longer. :D

I like albums like this that are very conceptual and consistent sounding like this one and Darshan's Awakening. I feel like I'm on a journey when I listen to them.

I can't say I love the entire album, but some tracks on it, like up days are extremely good. IMO they hold the perfect middle between dark and goa, having a sinister atmosphere and being really driving and relentless but still somewhat "spiritual", although I hate to use that word.

Technologic is the only one of his albums I have and have heard. How do his other albums compare?

They are rather different. I haven't been able to get into Sustentator yet. Psyring Test is a little more techno'ish and classically-inspired. With symphonic samples. It works pretty well actually.

His a skillful producer, having an original sound. I did listen to his more recent productions, yet feel he peaked the late 90's/early 00's.

Nuage D'Encens, Up Days, Particule... he does have a handful of tracks I find absolutely essential.

Hearing he'll be back with new EP really sounds exciting. The sample Imba posted is really good!

Technologic is one of the best albums ever made.

I've never listened to Sustentator since back then it was only available through his label website.

Psyring has a super track (Fusion Froide) two more ok tracks, but the rest is techno boredom.

Technologic is one of the best albums ever made.

I've never listened to Sustentator since back then it was only available through his label website.

Psyring has a super track (Fusion Froide) two more ok tracks, but the rest is techno boredom.

Both albums are officially distributed through Wirikuta. So anyone interested should be able to buy both Sustentator and Psyring Test from them.

The hardest hitting album that could have heralded the new millennium in the best possible way. I was in complete awe of the music when i first laid ears on it, everything about it is still uber awesome. I make it a point not to overplay it because it loses its charm when im not in the right frame of mind to appreciate the psychedelic depth of this masterpiece. It truly is an album meant to be played to appease the gods and danced to to bring rain in times of drought. :)

wow trippy stuff. just what one would expect from toi doi. psytrance as it should be. im getting so excited for the new album. :D:wub:

any idea if it can be pre-ordered?

Nah, there isn't even an announcement yet.

I speak with Gilles few times. He have plan first to release free EP on my label to promote new music, also looks for organization - want play live new music and soon to release album with new music too. I hope much good things will happend with this project :)