I am a Suntrip fanboy

Trance2MoveU

Unfortunately this forum is pretty much nothing without me. I'm the smartest member here. The controversy and discussion always revolves around me. Nobody could ignore me. I've watched this forum when I wasn't active for a few weeks and it's pretty boring. Everyone is basically waiting for me to return. ;) Only a small minority actually wants me to be gone in the first place. Keep dreaming. :lol:

Do you have any friends? I'm guessing no, right? Here's what you should do. Next time you meet some people, you should have a printout of this thread ready, so you can show it to all your new acquaintances. They'll be so impressed at how clever you are that they'll want to be your friends, and that way you'll be able to spend time with them, instead of spending it all here, masturbating over your weak attempts to get a rise out of people who hold you in contempt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best psynews fight of 2009! I luv it!!! :D

On topic:

Old school, new school, goa or not goa I don't give a shit as long music is good. And I agree that many new school projects sound awesome. But I also agree that something is missing. So here's list of advices-suggestions to any new goa producer.

1.- Goa was never only about happy feelings or positive energy. Anoebis said that Suntrip focus on that (pretty much normal since it calls SUNtrip, so this one doesn't go to Suntrip).

Goa was positive, eerie, aggressive, alien-y, crazy. Check out Phreaky-Tornado. Twisted, psychotic, dark and evil. Yet it's Goa! I have listened only ONE new school artist that sounds like that and that's Amanians.

2.- Goa was never only about oriental melodies. Check out Oforia's music. Most of his track have no oriental feeling in them, yet it's Goa. I LOVE oriental non-cheesy melodies, but there's more than that.

3.- New School albums need variety between the songs. One of the things I don't like in many new school albums is that most (or all) of the tracks are sound similar. I mean you can hear the same presets about bass, leads, pads even kicks or hats.

Remember Tandu's album?

4.- Not anything has to be floating. And thank God that artists like Filteria or Filippe exist that focus on energy and power. Of course this is kind of subjective since I always found floating Goa pretty boring, but Goa was twisted too.

5.- This one goes to the core Goa-only lovers. Goa needs experimentation. Just because an artist used a 16th-not bassline doesn't mean it's full on. Or because he uses flying fx all over it's darkpsy. Let the music breath.

I really believe that many new school artists may be afraid the to use a new, fresh, weird idea in their tracks cause will be the reason of criticism by loyal Goa fans. Let your ideas flow, this is what old school artists did and this is why we love their music.

All of these are coming form THE goa lover, with all my respect to everyone. :)

Best psynews fight of 2009! I luv it!!! :D

On topic:

Old school, new school, goa or not goa I don't give a shit as long music is good. And I agree that many new school projects sound awesome. But I also agree that something is missing. So here's list of advices-suggestions to any new goa producer.

1.- Goa was never only about happy feelings or positive energy. Anoebis said that Suntrip focus on that (pretty much normal since it calls SUNtrip, so this one doesn't go to Suntrip).

Goa was positive, eerie, aggressive, alien-y, crazy. Check out Phreaky-Tornado. Twisted, psychotic, dark and evil. Yet it's Goa! I have listened only ONE new school artist that sounds like that and that's Amanians.

2.- Goa was never only about oriental melodies. Check out Oforia's music. Most of his track have no oriental feeling in them, yet it's Goa. I LOVE oriental non-cheesy melodies, but there's more than that.

3.- New School albums need variety between the songs. One of the things I don't like in many new school albums is that most (or all) of the tracks are sound similar. I mean you can hear the same presets about bass, leads, pads even kicks or hats.

Remember Tandu's album?

4.- Not anything has to be floating. And thank God that artists like Filteria or Filippe exist that focus on energy and power. Of course this is kind of subjective since I always found floating Goa pretty boring, but Goa was twisted too.

5.- This one goes to the core Goa-only lovers. Goa needs experimentation. Just because an artist used a 16th-not bassline doesn't mean it's full on. Or because he uses flying fx all over it's darkpsy. Let the music breath.

I really believe that many new school artists may be afraid the to use a new, fresh, weird idea in their tracks cause will be the reason of criticism by loyal Goa fans. Let your ideas flow, this is what old school artists did and this is why we love their music.

All of these are coming form THE goa lover, with all my respect to everyone. :)

Really glad to hear that Ormion , in a way Filteria is really good , someone here said something about him beeing unique and he is because he grabbed like the whole golden era and added his insanity which caused his unique sound.

Me? Well i might not sound as crazy as Jannis on the music but i got my thing because i don't copy anyone.

Indeed it's like i said Goa is an open Genre not just about one thing and that's what's Goa to me. And it makes me happy to hear what you just said.

I didn't want to go offtopic but some people were talking about the Old Times and i just gone Hardware to get the sound i want. Seems I am really going into the Acid Trance and i'm loving it.

I done a new track yesterday i don't know if you heard it Ormion check it over this thread :

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/57563-five-on-five-spiritual-acid/

I know you're crazy about the acid that's why you love the old Psygone so much (same here) :)

About the New School i do am proud of some of the new Artists and i am sure some of them here can say how much i done for them , i'm not against anything i just think the same way you do , needs more variety and not to turn out in Fanatism but to be Open Minded instead. :)

I totally understand that the New School of Goa is different because the Technology now is different and causes things to be different , that's why you reffered to the presets etc. It's mostly based on software and it's something that me personally gone more hardware and i prefer to drop a bit of both which is fantastic .

Keep it up Ormion! :)

EDIT - Forgot to mention : It's all about Experimenting!! :D

In regard to Basilisk's comment I have to say I find it much harder to be "allowed" to express any criticism about any so-called Goa artists in this forum without being called a troll (from one person) or without some people taking it personal and getting irritated.

I think there may have been some confusion here. You are not doing any trolling whatsoever. My memory is a bit foggy about exactly what aliases bwhale has had over time, that's all.

It's gotten so dirty here, that I may just cancel my psynews account and just focus on listening to music again.

What the hell are we doing here anyhow that its come to all this nonsense?

And if people would never say a word to any troll, they would lose their power and go home.

Sorta like ignoring the school bully who calls you a pussy every day trying to entice you to fight.

Stop caring and they will stop posting.

On topic - I really do love all the stuff I've heard from Suntrip and I hope they release tons and tons and tons more.

I have no real opinion on whether it is classified as this or that or is old or new or whatever, its just music.

And it sounds damn good to me.

People - just listen to the music and be nice to each other. Life is way too short for all this bollocks.

Peace & as always PsyON

And if people would never say a word to any troll, they would lose their power and go home.

Sorta like ignoring the school bully who calls you a pussy every day trying to entice you to fight.

Stop caring and they will stop posting.

I just think some people here are using way too much time on fanatic chasing down every small post that's might og might not from a "troll". Insted of focusing on the debate and it's content. I was even called a troll in this debate (not from you basilisk) even though I never did any trolling and just shared my opinion. That's why I think some people have lost the ability to debate (or rather want to stir up things) and by that have become trolls themselves (not saying you're one of them).

I do agree with you. Ignore those you feel are trolling and life's so much easier ;)

Anyway its way off topic.

Ormion I second and third everything you pointed out, I share your thoughts completely, in a sense this is keeping me a little on the reserve with aerosis, while theres so many tracks and substantial music, there is a degree of musicianship and storytelling that can address what you pointed out, there become these issues with in order to do anything different, by virtue of that it is not the oldschool goa sound... since well, its different. But this is what it must be :)

people can really do some wacky different things but then its in the realm of the new and the process of accepting it is more obscure since it can be skipped over for "not sounding like that classic etnica sound" or whatever arbitrary goal there is. I have a major issue with "old is golding" in the sense of reaching to new horizons of rythm and trance. So something like radical distortions album did not really hold out with me. Great music, even good on a dancefloor, but dwells mostly on MFG-esque melodies. but i heard those and MFG does them better than anyone that isn't MFG :)

All music stands on its own though, what we are saying is that we just really are open to the wackyness, and i'm with you on that :)

After 7 years of listening to trance music I am by now wholeheartedly interested in what else can be done, to where I appreciate aspects of minimal music, progressive, house, dark, most of the gamut out there. I think the biggest problem is everyone tries to make music so identifyable, easy to associate with the vibes we've felt before. We need to embrace music as a form of storytelling, in order to do this we have to admit it doesn't matter what it sounds like and what sounds you are using.

These are just some musings that i haven't gotten rid of in the past half year... however I feel really good about things, and already there is music that is continueing, existing on its own terms, aspects of suntrip music really show this beyond what psytrance is willing to do in most cases. I feel a wall has been met with always putting in more energy, more crazy, more madness and going faster and faster with the music, i don't agree that brute force stimulation translates into a "more" transcendental peice of music. (but then again, maybe i just really hate full-on by now) The magic is in change and flow, progression and story. Self evident information, but since we've hit the topic on the head I have offered my input :)

Biggest peeve. #3 - albums keep the same vibe and rythm the whole album. Do that for your live sets, but an album often just becomes a compilation of tracks when its like that, it makes me look for the best tracks but not want to listen to the album. For this reason I kinda enjoy suntrips compilations a little more than some of the albums, it covers alot of territory. The good news is that khetzal did this perfectly, and even filteria, and what sounds like e-mantra too, so its far from a complaint :)

After 7 years of listening to trance music I am by now wholeheartedly interested in what else can be done, to where I appreciate aspects of minimal music, progressive, house, dark, most of the gamut out there. I think the biggest problem is everyone tries to make music so identifyable, easy to associate with the vibes we've felt before. We need to embrace music as a form of storytelling, in order to do this we have to admit it doesn't matter what it sounds like and what sounds you are using.

Totally agreed there :)

Wrangle and dissension; it always ends up in the same argument;"Things that ruined Psy Trance for you" and what is goa trance or psychedelic trance.

Suntrippers have released some great gems (and will continue) and helped for the immersion of the forgotten spirit.
But as has been declared -and noticed, Suntrip has a lean towards melodic euphoric trance, which can't be blamed for, since this is the will of the label's masterminds.

Personally i can't make a full critic on the very late released goa since i still miss some very recent releases, without ignoring and the arising mindblowing forest style.

Remember The Future.

To any who may be concerned some points of interest...

I| The first and most fundamental (or, in other words, the alpha & the omega). The stance of a desirous psychedelic trance producer (or of a seeker-listener), the intellectual attitude to create psychedelic trance.
Psychedelic trance always expressed deep emotions and concepts of the beyond like space, cosmology, ontology/metaphysics, existence & consciousness, paganism, science fiction & theories, the extraterrestrial, futurism, exploration, intellectual progression. Psychedelic trance has always been a synonymous with mysteriousness.

Besides the gorgeous melodies, sounds and creativity in this music, there was mysticism which is beyond words. This mysticism is what makes Goa Trance truly special, in my opinion at least.

Which absorbs and uplifts the mind and never lacks of seriousness. That mysticism and depth is what mostly missed.
Pink sentimentalisms or black evil human pain sadist behaviors are something way foreign.
Could be psychedelic trance ever seen just as a dance music to groove, of fluffy love lifestyle, music made for the repletion of dancefloors or for political intentions?

II| Atmospheres, themes, melodies, samples & elements to express the unique emotions felt when approaching such concepts. Thereupon, to import the listener into a whole world, to represent a scene, to create an environment, to paint a soundscape, to inspire visions, to achieve a kind of theatricality and the simulacrum that grant the -experience- factor. Depth to dive in and space to breathe. Travel without moving.

III| The matter of individualism and innovation. The development of personal sound and the progression that comes with it, which may lead to an opening of new horizons.

IV| The dominance of the Full-On technique & digital sound production. This influence is making goa trance efforts sound like "goa influenced Full-On" at best, it denatures its purpose, alters its essence in other words, thus reduces depth and effectiveness.

V| Arabic & middle eastern belly dance melodies; sound very cheesy and foreign. The new scene seems to suffer from this kind of "orientalism" and from a clubtrance euphoria of overhappy melodic lines, mushy sounds and mellow plasticity.

Anyone has his personal preferences in music and chooses his own way. It is not a matter of persuasion and argument, only of differentiation. It can't everything be labeled as psychedelic trance. And why should be?

- Edited Post -

Wrangle and dissension; it always ends up in the same argument;"Things that ruined Psy Trance for you" and what is goa trance or psychedelic trance.

Suntrippers have released some great gems (and will continue) and helped for the immersion of the forgotten spirit.

But as has been declared -and noticed, Suntrip has a lean towards melodic euphoric trance, which can't be blamed for, since this is the will of the label's masterminds.

Personally i can't make a full critic on the very late released goa since i still miss some very recent releases. Without ignoring and the arising mindblowing forest style.

Remember The Future.

To any who may be concerned some points of interest...

I| Oriental middle eastern belly dance melodies; sound very cheesy. The same for overhappy melodic lines and mushy sounds.

II| The miss of the great melodies and main themes. Sometimes tracks may lead nowhere or not say anything.

III| The matter of individualism and innovation. The development of personal sound and the progression that comes with it. The opening of new horizons.

IV| And the last but most important. The stance of a desirous psychedelic trance producer(or a seeker), the intellectual attitude to create psychedelic trance.

Psychedelic trance always expressed concepts of the beyond like space, cosmology, paganism, existential, extraterrestial, science fiction, exploration, intellectual progression. Psychedelic trance has always been a synonymous with mysteriousness.

Which absorbs and uplifts the mind and never lacks of seriousness. That mysticism and depth is what mostly missed.

Superficial sentimentalisms or black evil behaviors are something way foreign.

Could be psychedelic trance ever seen as a dance music to groove, of blind love lifestyle (or evil wrath), music made for the repletion of dancefloors?

Anyone has his personal preferences in music and chooses his own way. It is not a matter of persuasion and argument, only of differentiation. It can't everything be labeled as psychedelic trance. And why should be?

It will take time for the Music to get there :)

Very true. Amanians was a great example of darker goa but Mike A(subra, owner of cronomi) said they have stopped writing music.

First of all, it's a He, not They ;)

And don't take my word for it. If he starts writing again don't blame me for saying he stopped :P

I just think some people here are using way too much time on fanatic chasing down every small post that's might og might not from a "troll". ...Insted of focusing on the debate and it's content.  ;)

Anyway its way off topic.

The problem is if you adjust the scale below the average you end up oscillating around it ad infinitum...

I think that each "mass/fight" shall be bring toward its end untill the one side runs out of arguments - there is no stopping needed - it's actually contraproductive and create more space for shit in the future.