Ok, Psytrance is not what it used to be, but I still have to find money...

Ormion

To buy all these new cds!

New Electrypnose. New Mandalavandalz. Dirty Motion's debut album! Plus new Yabai compilation. Timecode will bring two new releases. New Psykovsky is coming. And new Antiscarp comp. I want the new OOOD. I'd like to try Audiopathik's album. There's some good darkpsy compilations out there too. New Psygone! I still have to buy the Distant System and Kino Oko albums. And the Tutankhamon 9000!

And not even gonna start about ambient releases!

It's amazing that although I really believe that Psytrance has lost the old days quality I still have no money to buy all the new stuff that I like. And considering that I don't like to download I need a lot of money!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

:(

General is the new offtopic forum!! :posford:

uhmm... what? This is about MUSIC and how although overall quality of Psytrance is lower than old days there's still so much good music out there for me.

And I'm just asking if you feel the same.

I'm with you on this. I never lack for new releases to hunt down and investigate. There is so much good music out there it boggles the mind... and, you know, I am generally quite picky--my only saving grace being an abiding interest in many different sub-variants of psychedelic trance. If I were focused on just old school or progressive or full-on I might feel differently... but even if new music starts to lose its lustre, there is plenty of old music I've never gotten around to immersing myself in. Life is good!

Guest Unstable

Why do you need to buy them? You realize you could download most of those for free in WAV quality? Not that they are worth saving IMO....

@ Ormion: I can send you a sealed copy of new Kino Oko for free, because I received a promo without asking for it so I have 2. Let me know if you're interested :)

The average nowadays is lower I think but because there is so much more being released there are actually many releases I think are on par if not better than oldschool goa ;)

The only problem is finding it in the sea of crap :(

uhmm... what? This is about MUSIC and how although overall quality of Psytrance is lower than old days there's still so much good music out there for me.

And I'm just asking if you feel the same.

I apologize, was in a bad mood yesterday.

Anyways, I feel as there isn't almost any album that is worth buying, such crappy quality. For me this year only Ticon 2.am and Ra 9th has been keeping a good quality. In my speakers these days only old stuff is playing, and I don't think it's the nostalgia playing a role here, it's really no creativeness in today's psytrance.

is it just me or is the off topic left at half september for all? no recent posts at all????

whats up?

sorry of the OT ;)

[offtopic]

OFFTOPIC IS CLOSED! :D Will get back sometime in October. Read in the PsyNews.ORG section please

@Melancholyman: The first offtopic post in this particular thread came from you. Since when is discussing music in General offtopic?

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

OFFTOPIC IS CLOSED! :D Will get back sometime in October. Read in the PsyNews.ORG section please

@Melancholyman: The first offtopic post in this particular thread came from you. Since when is discussing music in General offtopic?

[/offtopic]

Touché

Why do you need to buy them? You realize you could download most of those for free in WAV quality? Not that they are worth saving IMO....

I agree. It's actually a bit silly to start a whiny thread like this when you could download the music without risk.

I agree. It's actually a bit silly to start a whiny thread like this when you could download the music without risk.

I don't think you've read Ormion's post thoroughly...

He's not complaining because he has to buy those CDs to try them, but because he already knows he likes them and wants to have them but doesn't have enough money. I think he knows he can download stuff, even though I find it totally impractical since 4-min samples on Saiko... Well, call me old-fashioned :P:D

I apologize, was in a bad mood yesterday.

Anyways, I feel as there isn't almost any album that is worth buying, such crappy quality. For me this year only Ticon 2.am and Ra 9th has been keeping a good quality. In my speakers these days only old stuff is playing, and I don't think it's the nostalgia playing a role here, it's really no creativeness in today's psytrance.

Kino Oko??? So far it's album of the year IMO. The new electypnose sounds interesting as well, haven't had time to listen properly yet..

I don't.. I download myself, because i haven't any money to buy albums with, but what i wouldn't do for a big cd collection in a cd-rack i could place in my living-room.. There's a big differense.. Plus i feel bad that i don't allways support the artist i enjoy listening to. But when i get money i can spend on something ells than bills, food and neccessities, i'm gonna pay them all back, i promise! Plus, i take it's better for the artists that i listen to them, spread the word about their good music and eventually pay them back, rather than i don't listen to them at all. (I would prefer that if i was the artist)