Excellent news for Ultimae fans

Rotwang

A while ago I emailed Ultimae asking whether there were any plans to reprint Solar Fields' Leaving Home, and received this reply:

Hello Phil!

We're in the process of reprinting everything

Starting with H.U.V.A. Network.

By the end of the year we should have everything back in stock.

Panoramic Hugs,

Sunny

:posford:

Good news indeed! :) Altough I heard the limited prints will not be reprinted, only the "regular" releases...

But as I am still looking for Fahrenheit 3 and first Huva Network, I will be happy if I have them finally for real in my hands :)

Yeeehaaaayyy :posford:

I have been waiting for this since somebody uttered that rumour at the beginning of the year!

And it's so awesome that this good news comes RIGHT NOW, at 2 AM when I finally am finished with my thesis! That can't be coincidence!

*collectively hugs all ultimae fans* ^_^

I am dying for a copy of Solar Fields "Extended" album, which is the only ambeint/downtempo/chill album I fell in love with after Dreamfish debut.

The first tune off that album is amazing. Other than that I don't know anything about Ultimae. The H.U.V.A. guys seem to be gettig quite a lot of praise, but I've nevargh listened to the album.

I have an illegaly downloaded copy of "Extended" and this time around have no trouble confessing it in public as I'd rather do that than fatten any one of those discogs sellers' bank accounts...

I gotta get myself a reprint, I'm sure the cover art will differ. Muahhh.... But we already announced this, not about Leaving Home though, but that Hydroponic is going to be reprinted aswell, and after the last Fahrenheit project a collectors box will be made with all volumes! I'm waiting for that.

Good news indeed! :) Altough I heard the limited prints will not be reprinted, only the "regular" releases...

But as I am still looking for Fahrenheit 3 and first Huva Network, I will be happy if I have them finally for real in my hands :)

Same here (needing those two "regular" releases), I can sort of understand why they choose not to reprint the limited releases even though I really want to get my hands on the Aftermath and Season 5 albums, maybe in another lifetime??!

I am dying for a copy of Solar Fields "Extended" album, which is the only ambeint/downtempo/chill album I fell in love with after Dreamfish debut.

The first tune off that album is amazing. Other than that I don't know anything about Ultimae. The H.U.V.A. guys seem to be gettig quite a lot of praise, but I've nevargh listened to the album.

I have an illegaly downloaded copy of "Extended" and this time around have no trouble confessing it in public as I'd rather do that than fatten any one of those discogs sellers' bank accounts...

Extended is one of the limited releases, :( so we probably have to wait a long while before it will hit the pressing machines again.... we can only hope one day... :rolleyes: (luckily I got a copy of Extended, which could easily be one of all time favorite Ultimae albums!).

Btw the H.U.V.A. guys are Solar Field (creator of Extended ect.) and Aes Dana (one of the label owners), power team!

Good & bad news.

I'll finally get a copy of Aes Dana - Season 5 but will miss out on Aftermath (if they will not reprint the limited editions, which they shouldn't or they'd be liars :lol:)

Good & bad news.

I'll finally get a copy of Aes Dana - Season 5 but will miss out on Aftermath (if they will not reprint the limited editions, which they shouldn't or they'd be liars :lol:)

It sure would, but I think I would be able to forgive them ;) (very easily actually :P)

Is Season 5 not a limited release? :o I was pretty sure it was, but if not, wubwub! :D

ED-. does anybody know were to buy lossless Ultimae downloads... Does such a place exist?

It sure would, but I think I would be able to forgive them ;) (very easily actually :P)

Is Season 5 not a limited release? :o I was pretty sure it was, but if not, wubwub! :D

ED-. does anybody know were to buy lossless Ultimae downloads... Does such a place exist?

Nothing mentioned at discogs

Good & bad news.

I think they won't reprint limited editions. Or would they? What's the point of beig "limited" then? I mean, bad for me because I neither got Extended nor Aftermath, but I don't care sooo much, one day I'll find 'em Posted Image

My buy list would be Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden, HUVA Network - Distances and Aes Dana - Season 5 ^_^

BTW, I hope Wirikuta will get them aswell, that would be cool for me...

(if they will not reprint the limited editions, which they shouldn't or they'd be liars :lol:)

IMO they shouldn't make limited editions in the first place - it's a really daft concept.

Why?

So that we can feel all superior to the poor shmucks who couldn't find a copy :lol:

IMO they shouldn't make limited editions in the first place - it's a really daft concept.

I think it is a stupid thing to do. I guess though that they thought they were only ever going to sell that many copies (say 300) and saying it was limited edition will spur people to buy it "before it's too late" Just a marketing tool <_<

So that we can feel all superior to the poor shmucks who couldn't find a copy :lol:

Exactly. It appeals to people's love of pointless elitism, not to people's love of music. My Dad asked me to buy him a copy of Extended when he heard me play it, but I can't. It's a shame.

Exactly. It appeals to people's love of pointless elitism, not to people's love of music. My Dad asked me to buy him a copy of Extended when he heard me play it, but I can't. It's a shame.

Yeah, that sucks. They could be making more money! Maybe they can reissue it with an extra CD. Then it's a different edition & they wont have to worry about the limited shit. Or would that still make them liars? :(

Sure everyone should be able to get an album of course. It's everyones right to enjoy music created by other people. And also it could be that the label or artist feels that they want to make something special, for the really true fanbase they have. As a gift you could say. For the one following their releases will in good time be able to preorder a copy and get one. I doubt the preorders ever sold out the stock on Ultimae even for the limited editions. It might be a daft concept, but I like it.

Limiting Solar Fields - Extended to only 800 copies is a dry joke anyway...

2000 copies, that's an appropriate limitation. Or at least 1500. And it would have sold out aswell.

Sure everyone should be able to get an album of course. It's everyones right to enjoy music created by other people. And also it could be that the label or artist feels that they want to make something special, for the really true fanbase they have. As a gift you could say. For the one following their releases will in good time be able to preorder a copy and get one. I doubt the preorders ever sold out the stock on Ultimae even for the limited editions. It might be a daft concept, but I like it.

I don't completely disagree with you, just that...

You cannot limit a fanbase without knowing how big it is.

You cannot let the amount of phisically printed copies of an album detrmine who is a "true" fan and who isn't.

And you usually don't pay for gifts, the whole point of a gift is that it is gifted or plain given to you.

Anyways, I don't mind the entire concept of limited edition releases, but what just bugs the hell out of me is that most listeners have an urge to think they're on some other shit just because they are "1 out of the 500"... There is this general unwritten rule when people assume an album is an instant classic and a quintiseential release just because it was limited to under a 1000 copies. Sure Ultimae struck a chord with this alleged marketing trick, but properly releasing the limited ones would successfully transform the marketing into cash flow, IMHO.

I don't completely disagree with you, just that...

You cannot limit a fanbase without knowing how big it is.

You cannot let the amount of phisically printed copies of an album detrmine who is a "true" fan and who isn't.

And you usually don't pay for gifts, the whole point of a gift is that it is gifted or plain given to you.

Anyways, I don't mind the entire concept of limited edition releases, but what just bugs the hell out of me is that most listeners have an urge to think they're on some other shit just because they are "1 out of the 500"... There is this general unwritten rule when people assume an album is an instant classic and a quintiseential release just because it was limited to under a 1000 copies. Sure Ultimae struck a chord with this alleged marketing trick, but properly releasing the limited ones would successfully transform the marketing into cash flow, IMHO.

I've got some homework to do <_< And honestly I wouldn't mind there being a zillion copies, but there is an undeniable touch having a limited.

yep, i got the same email from them

Dear Payam,

I am not sure I replied to your message, and if not please excuse me for the delay.

We are in the process of reprinting all our out of stock releases, starting with H.U.V.A. Network and till December we hope to manage to have everything in stock again.

The reason why we can’t always have everything in stock is because it costs an awful lot of money to reprint because we must do 1000 minimum and then 100 people will buy it straight away and we’ll have to wait a few years to sell off. But we’ve managed to find a financial solution now.

I thank you ever so much for the support you are showing us and the artists and send you much love

Sunny

good news indeed...

i hope they reprint Leaving Home and Extended as a double CD pack (although i got extended recently!!!)

i don't understand the concept of limited editions either. Somnia records is releasing some interesting stuff recently, all limited to 777 copies :unsure:

limited edition basically just means they are only printing it once because printing it twice is alot of hassle. It costs alot of money to reprint and it's easy for the accountant :lol: You only have to pay your artists once for the cd and you are done.

The 777 copies is just a joke i think. The minimum you can print usually is 1000. So what are they gonna go? Put 223 copies on the attic?