Astral Projection new album

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yesssss. That's what I've been missing. More more moreeeeee 

Although it's a rather simple track and the main melody gets a bit tiresome after a while but idc, new astral music in a time like this feels like a blessing. Does this mean the album is just 10 years away now??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, astralprojection said:

Yesssss. That's what I've been missing. More more moreeeeee 

Although it's a rather simple track and the main melody gets a bit tiresome after a while but idc, new astral music in a time like this feels like a blessing. Does this mean the album is just 10 years away now??? 

Exactly. Agree about the track. Want a honest opinion? Astral Projection haven't released an album since 2014, that's 8 years now, and that was an album of remixes. 

If I am not mistaken, the last album they released producing original tracks was released in 2006, that's 16 years ago.

Astral Projection have stated they would release an album in 2020, that's already two years... my honest opinion: I don't care one bit anymore. It's fine to tease your audience but waiting so long has a negative effect. When Astral Projection will release their next album in 2028, I bet hardly anyone will care anymore.

And yes, the track is quite generic. 

My opinion sounds harsh because at the end of the day, they do what they want, I mean they are accountable to nobody. I am just sharing my own feelings. 

• Thanks 1

Astral Projection "Into the Void" - AWESOME! I completely love this beautiful track with its apt samples, clear and direct structure, subtle bubbling details, harmonic pads, and chill-inducing melody - all leading to a powerful emotional and psychedelic experience for the listener, whatever their state of mind. For me, this track feels like being sucked into the void on a tractor beam of inevitability, suggesting that the artists integrated form and content. The sense of inevitability can come from lack of innovation, but in this case it arises from a zen simplicity that is deeply elegant and sophisticated, hiding the patient craft of decades. Almost all great art has this feeling of inevitability about it. Hence I appreciate the fact that Astral Projection have not changed their style; this track could easily be from 95. Change is good, but so is continuity if you have a winning formula. We can call this generic, but these guys created the genre. We travel into the void in the hands of the masters... ~*~

They still travel the world with their music and obviously not focused on releasing new material. The effort is probably unjustified from the financial point of view. They seem to be doing fine without it.

The new track is nice  and that's about it. Good to see them back nevertheless.

• 4 months later...

Their latest track was released yesterday by Tip Records, and it's a collaboration between Astral Projection and Oforia, and it's just excellent. Let's hope there's more tracks like this one on the mythical upcoming album.

• Thanks 1

Reminds me too much of 2010s Electric Universe. Which i guess is either a bad thing or a good thing depending on who you ask :p

I dont hear much of either AP or Oforia here, and that is kind of interesting. Maybe they could become a group and make brand new music like this, that doesnt sound like either of them. But for the next Astral album, I hope its more in line with the astral sound than this. 

I rate this 3.8 bitcrushers out of 5

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

its been so long now ive damn near lost belief its coming at all. but i suppose it will. from some of the clips ive heard around youtube it could be their best album yet. Avi seems energetic as always and Lior does look a bit old and tired, understandably :)

• 2 months later...

This time it's different, their Booking team (Sonic Booking) announced it also (they were listening to it just after Astral's post), Iboga team is also behind them and Avi's daughter helped them a lot to take this decision (she's started to play as a Dj in Israel too, etc...).

ohhh this is great news! I'm so happy to be back and get these news first hand. Astral Projection belongs to Goa Trance like Psynews does :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skytrancer said:

This time it's different, their Booking team (Sonic Booking) announced it also (they were listening to it just after Astral's post), Iboga team is also behind them and Avi's daughter helped them a lot to take this decision (she's started to play as a Dj in Israel too, etc...).

Well it's only been 20 years in the making with many announcements, hype is to much now, gonna take something spectacular to meet any expectations 

6 hours ago, technosomy said:

Well it's only been 20 years in the making with many announcements, hype is to much now, gonna take something spectacular to meet any expectations 

I understand your feelings, waiting for so many years could have ''break'' something for some people, have a great day.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:49 AM, Skytrancer said:

I understand your feelings, waiting for so many years could have ''break'' something for some people, have a great day.

Yup, that's the case for me personally. Even if I consider the 2014 remixes album a real album, it's been 10 years since that release, the world is moving, people change, taste changes, and right now I couldn't care less of a new Astral Projection album. Great news for the fans though.

• Like 2

i still listen to and adore Amen from 2003. So if this new album is anywhere close to that, I look forward to another 20 years of sonic bliss :)

Ive watched all their clips from youtube shorts, and there are some very interesting tracks here, so its looking good! im kind of excited! even though its really hard to get excited these days, at 42 😅

• Like 3