Tracks that grew on you lately

Ormion

There are like thousands of tracks over the years that eventually grew on me, so I will mention my two recent ones.

The first is Shift-Decadence

When I first listened to that track I found it simply great, but over the time it grew on me so much that now I think it's one of the best tracks I've ever heard.

It's a product of a genius! The acid lines together with symphonic-style synths, a twilight feeling, awesome Underworld samples, gentle kick, perfect bassline and a massive ending. Superb!

The second one is Derango-Eh Ehh Ehhhh

At first I thought it's just a typical Derango track, maybe way too typical. Then I listened to it again under the right circumstances. Night, outdoor. WOW! Forest! Real forest! Hallucinogenic and spiritual! Superpsy!

Tell me yours

At first I thought it's just a typical Derango track, maybe way too typical. Then I listened to it again under the right circumstances. Night, outdoor. WOW! Forest! Real forest! Hallucinogenic and spiritual! Superpsy!

Fantastic track! Really good! :)

A track which has really grown on me "lately" maybe a few months ago is Yudhisthira - Matter Is A Myth, a really deep a melodic track, its sort of hard and soft at the same time. Somehow I didn't notice this one first time I heard the compilation (VA - Duality - Glowing Flame Records), but I'm really glad I "found" it! -

Tell me yours

I cannot believe this. I was just going to say this track. I was listening to it this morning, and it is an eye opener! :posford:

Mdk

The best example for a track that grew on me is Matenda - Stormchaser.

At first I hated it. Always skipped whenever possible. What a crap. I regretted putting it on that Minidisc ... but I always forgot to delete it. What a crap! Until this one day where I was running in the woods, thinking about something and forgetting to skip the track. And then suddenly I came to a different place in the wood - the trees there were older, higher and of a different kind, they almost formed a sort of dome with their twigs and leaves ... and that's where I interrupted my thoughts (this was obviously a special place) and became conscious what track was playing ... but just as I get there (I never was there before) there's that peculiar break in the track and I stop running and think "hey, this actually fits..." ... and then there's that part where the voice says: "does it have to be more special than that?". That was the moment I got it. This was awesome! And from that point on the track got better every time I listened to it ... it got so good I bought the Bakkelit compilation almost just because of it! It also kinda started my movement away from the fullon and all that...

And it STILL grows! That's the best part :D

I've been listening to Eat Static's Myspace for some time now, and i must say that Loride Sloucher Has grew immensely on me now.

At first i listened to it with disgust, such random tunes and i felt there were no harmony at all, but after my 5-6th listen i began to simply love it, i get really emotional when i listen to it, it's a really nice song, wish i could hear the whole album ;(, it's on my wishlist Eat Static's "Back To Earth"

It's a really complex song, i can actually hear the emotions that has been put into this song at different parts of the song, i feel a slight oriental touch emitting from it's twisted center, it's like a perfect strawberry marzipan pie, so delicious!!

I've been listening to Eat Static's Myspace for some time now, and i must say that Loride Sloucher Has grew immensely on me now.

At first i listened to it with disgust, such random tunes and i felt there were no harmony at all, but after my 5-6th listen i began to simply love it, i get really emotional when i listen to it, it's a really nice song, wish i could hear the whole album ;(, it's on my wishlist Eat Static's "Back To Earth"

It's a really complex song, i can actually hear the emotions that has been put into this song at different parts of the song, i feel a slight oriental touch emitting from it's twisted center, it's like a perfect strawberry marzipan pie, so delicious!!

It's one of the best tracks on that album along with Epoch Calypso and Dune Rider. Altho those two are more ethnic.

It's one of the best tracks on that album along with Epoch Calypso and Dune Rider. Altho those two are more ethnic.

Younger brother-last days of gravity just keeps growing bigger and bigger for me! Even "I am a freak" gets under my skin now, i LOOOOOVE this album

What you say is right ... the same song also grew on me these days. Except that I had no disgust, found it quite okay from the first listen on. But now I find it totally awesome...

It's pure bliss, these passages with the calm synth melody, they totally crack me up ... it's actually a very characteristic sound for Eat Static IMO, except the weird singing. A wonderful tune.

But the rest I heard from the album didn't please my ears so much ... maybe Insejn is right (what I heard from Epoch Calypso sounds utterly horrible though, so probably he isn't)...

What grows bigger on me is NONE of your business! :lol:

On topic though, the latest OTT album made a good impression at first, then it dropped, and now its one of my favs. Another one that grew bigger on my after a few listens was Kris Elysiums Wombat release, eventhough I found that he is using some generic presets from synths like Cakewalk's Rapture, i found it was super nicely incorporated. Furthermore, it really is a nice story telling. :)

I'm not sure about the most recent song that's grown on me. I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Maybe I can come back later with something. :ph34r:

In my attempt of trying to point out why i hated juno reactors new album so much i listened way too much to "inca stepper" and it grew on me, now i actually dig that sound.. I'm so ashamed of myself :(:angry:

This one jumped right out at me. I started my last set with it and it simply shattered reality for ten solid minutes.