Looking for Psytrance with Commodore 64 (SID) sounds

Kai-Q

I'm looking for Psytrance with Commodore 64 (SID) sounds or melodies. :)

Maybe some remixes of old Commodore games. :)

Wrong genre, there are not many (if any, cause I dont recal) but techno etc has a few... can not recal now either its too early in the morning for my music brain to function :D

I wouldn't refer to it as music reminiscent of the C64 in particular, although Crazy Ducks - Duck Season !!! does have that NES-feeling about it. If 8bit is good enough. ;)

And yes, as stated above, there are also various Super Mario remixes (well, more or less). If I'm not totally mistaken, I think there's a track called Super Marijuana Brothers (Bros?) or something suchlike. I'm not at home atm though, so I can't really look further into it.

This is a pity that's not really exist some more Psytrance tracks with SID sounds or melodies. :(

I like this old 8 Bit Lo-Fi sounds.

There is a tune on the new ticon that has (or seems to have) sid sounds. :P

It's not psytrance, but you should check out the band Thermostatic! They have some of this old skool Amiga sound and the likes. The guys from Carbon Based Lifeforms are members in it too B)

You really should check this band out, they make good music.

Especially Emmon - Wake Up Time (Thermostatic Remix) is a MUST listen :)

Many Sandman tracks used to have SID sounds, they are not maybe that evident in a cliched arpeggio style, but he was using the SID Station a lot, himself he stated that it is used on almost every track IIRC. That was around 2001 or so I think... There is also one track from him from around 98 that has more typical SID sounds in the end, but I don't remember the name now. I think it was on LP only, or maybe some comps.

Otherwise... Not so many psy acts out there in this style. Huopatossu Mononen has some cool chiptune styles, but maybe not totally puristic SID sounds. I'm sure there's some on some other finnish tracks too.

And, well, there's of course my music. This is a recent one, the arpeggio is Synth1, and there might be some sounds sampled from SID Play, but no real sounds either...

http://www.aavepyora.net/music/bizarroworl...kaukana_maa.mp3

And this is a remix of Hubbard's Thalamusic I made, but most people wouldn't call it psy thou:

http://www.aavepyora.net/music/otokkamanif...605_Sanxion.mp3

The sounds are sampled from Sidplay again, so it's a fake too in that way.

And what is psytrance anyway? Sienis has some nice SID style stuff, and there's of course Instant Remedy on kwed.org... And Mahoney made also some totally kick ass SID remixes, check out his EVERY track RIGHT now :D

http://www.ejeson.se/mahoney/

Especially Spellbound - Swing Mix v2 is a total riot!