Now that Ticon has jumped to the better place of trance

NEMO.BOFH

...the end of an Era for Ticon has just become reality! Yes, Ticon are no longer Psy-Progg, they are as of now a class-electro-techno-act instead... No but honestly, more artists should do the same, this sound is so much better than a lot out there, and I am glad that quality producers like Ticon realize that there is more to music than "Psy Progg". Ill write a review of this one day. I just wanted to express my total appreciation before that!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the album has some cool groovish sounds and stuff but I don't know. I think I need to give this album alot of time... Weekend Warriors is not bad at all.

About other artists should do the same. They would probably fail cause Ticon got talent, it's all over the album :) I just discarded alot of artists to have no talent. LOLED

:wub: Im completely in love with 1987 :wub:

what a trACK :wub:

the rest i dont know yet, gotta listen to it some more, but ticon destroyed the place at ozora with these new tracks. But i kinda get the feeling theres too much electro-house going on, and im so sick of electro house.

well, all i can say that the sound is great and i :wub: 1987 :wub:

the rest i dont know yet, gotta listen to it some more, but ticon destroyed the place at ozora with these new tracks. But i kinda get the feeling theres too much electro-house going on, and im so sick of electro house.

thats what happens with trends :( It gets over done, no? :) A good mixture of all is the solution :)

thats what happens with trends :( It gets over done, no? :) A good mixture of all is the solution :)

well, my first thought were "shit, now they jumped the bandwagon as well", but i think its safe to say ticon added enough of their own flavour to it to make it special. but this electro house trend is realyy as over done as over done can get.

There's a little mouse in a box...

What concerns me is that Ticon want to sell their new style (that is far from their old sound) to the same people. I mean, if you make other kind of stuff, you have to hit new wider markets and I haven't seen any info about the new Ticon anywhere except psy-shops and psy-communities.

Look at Minilogue and Extrawelt, for example.

...or what?

What concerns me is that Ticon want to sell their new style (that is far from their old sound) to the same people. I mean, if you make other kind of stuff, you have to hit new wider markets and I haven't seen any info about the new Ticon anywhere except psy-shops and psy-communities.

...or what?

Thats the Labels choice ;) I dont think that Ticon negotiates with any Recordshops where it should be sold. RrrrRrrRriiiiight? ;)

...or what?

This album would be a hard sell in the techno scene, it sounds too trancey at timesand electro house is really looked down upon with those people. compare this too extrawelt and minilogue, and you will see it doesnt fit at all. Then, for the electro house scene it is too hard and fast.

This album kinda stands between prog.psy, eletro house, and a bit of techno, and is unique in that sense. Which is a good thing, but might be a hard sell.

Thats the Labels choice ;) I dont think that Ticon negotiates with any Recordshops where it should be sold. RrrrRrrRriiiiight? ;)

Of course they don't. Just imagine how much more money they could make with a wider audience in terms of distribution and how many new fans they would have then.

They're staying on the same place instead. I just don't get it.

The reasons may be:

- nobody needs this kind of music outside psytrance, because there are much better producers out there.

- they are not acting in the most intelligent way.

Either way, it will be interesting to follow Ticon (Antix, Vibrasphere, ...) and to see how's it going for them :)

Of course they don't. Just imagine how much more money they could make with a wider audience in terms of distribution and how many new fans they would have then.

The reasons may be:

- nobody needs this kind of music outside psytrance, because there are much better producers out there.

Either way, it will be interesting to follow Ticon (Antix, Vibrasphere, ...) and to see how's it going for them :)

Actually I think that a wider audience will follow them sooner or later, its just a matter for the Label to realize it :D

The reasons may be:

look at what i wrote above. other electronic music scenes, especially the snobby techno/minimal scene that your examples extrawelt and minilogue are a part of now are even more close-minded than psy-people. Even now, after 3 years, you read some reviews of extrawelt or minilogue in snobby techno magazines that start "even though Minilogue used to be part of the psy-scene, this record is surprisingly awesome..."

There is definitely no market for this record in the techno scene, trust me.

Anyways, i like it :)

look at what i wrote above. other electronic music scenes, especially the snobby techno/minimal scene that your examples extrawelt and minilogue are a part of now are even more close-minded than psy-people. Even now, after 3 years, you read some reviews of extrawelt or minilogue in snobby techno magazines that start "even though Minilogue used to be part of the psy-scene, this record is surprisingly awesome..."

I really dare to differ. A friend of mine that is really into electro-house/techno said that this is one of the best hes heard in ages, and he really follows the scene with a hawk-eye :)

I really dare to differ. A friend of mine that is really into electro-house/techno said that this is one of the best hes heard in ages, and he really follows the scene with a hawk-eye :)

I really do hope you are right, they deserve it, but I really don't believe it. I was just in Berlin hanging out with those purist techno types, they hate everything that doesn't fit within their Detroit/Chicago/Minimal view of the world. At least electro house has supplanted trance as their most hated form of electronic music :lol:

I really do hope you are right, they deserve it, but I really don't believe it. I was just in Berlin hanging out with those purist techno types, they hate everything that doesn't fit within their Detroit/Chicago/Minimal view of the world. At least electro house has supplanted trance as their most hated form of electronic music :lol:

Yeah, elitist people in all scenes, innit :)

The way you wrote it makes one thing the whole techno scene is snobby. Not true. Say and write what you want, it just ain't true. Snobby magazines don't deirectly imply a genereally snobby scene. The Source is a very arrogant and snobby magazine, but the hip hop world and culture is not snobby at all. Once you get past the thugs, drugs, Gs and hustlaz, you realize it's not.

Not true. I partied out in Berlin one too many times, and just as in every other city I've ever been to, there are total snobby idiots and narrow minded fools, and naturally there were some really cool, open minded and full of understanding dudes as well. The Detroit gang has become pretty closed within its own boundaries during the past few years, but it's such as world wide phenomena and it covers such a wide spectrum of styles and ideas that calling it snobby is a little over the top. Don't you agree?

What I've come to notice over the last few years is not snobby behavior, but the type of compulsory switching over to the minimal style because it became popular... I mean, some of my favorite DJs/producers changed styles over night because it was popular. Hell, I for one occasionally enjoy minimal, but when one has enough, it is really enough. What the hell? If you wanna wild out on a techno party, you gotta listen to that brain drilling schranz thingy, or just slowly groove to the sounds of the likes such as Vilalobos, F.E.O.S...

Hahaha, the Chicago movement... Dunno what to say here, has been a while since I haven't payed any attention to the Chicago house veterans and all, but the last I remember, overall it was one of the most happy and joyous scenes around :)

Oh yeah, Ticon's newest album? I had no idea it was even out. Gotta go check it out.

...the end of an Era for Ticon has just become reality! Yes, Ticon are no longer Psy-Progg, they are as of now a class-electro-techno-act instead... No but honestly, more artists should do the same, this sound is so much better than a lot out there, and I am glad that quality producers like Ticon realize that there is more to music than "Psy Progg". Ill write a review of this one day. I just wanted to express my total appreciation before that!

It is no longer ticon.. Cool if he's gonna make other kind of music, but why not chance hes name? It's no longer the same music.. Would be the same if Katie Melua started to growl and do death metal, it's confusin! I like electro and the new ticon is sounding good and all, but it's not what i wanted :(

Yeah 1987 the only track that is unique imo... Very beautiful peace of music.. Then it's just electro for the rest, nothing i havent heard before.. sadly

I liked this album and I wouldn't call myself a Ticon fan. I have heard one of his albums, Rewind, and I thought it was horrible. The most boring album I have ever heard.

But this one was surprising. I really liked 2 AM (reminded me a lot of Vibrasphere), Zebra Beat, and Weekend Warriors. I wanted to hate In The Box because of the housey cornball nonsensical prose, but damn if that groove wasn't infectious! :posford:

Mdk

It is no longer ticon.. Cool if he's gonna make other kind of music, but why not chance hes name? It's no longer the same music.. Would be the same if Katie Melua started to growl and do death metal, it's confusin! I like electro and the new ticon is sounding good and all, but it's not what i wanted :(

I liked this album and I wouldn't call myself a Ticon fan. I have heard one of his albums, Rewind, and I thought it was horrible. The most boring album I have ever heard.

But this one was surprising. I really liked 2 AM (reminded me a lot of Vibrasphere), Zebra Beat, and Weekend Warriors. I wanted to hate In The Box because of the housey cornball nonsensical prose, but damn if that groove wasn't infectious! :posford:

Mdk

Ticon is Plural... two persons! :) And why change their name? They have GRADUALLY changed their style over the years, very smooth im :) I think Vibrasphere and Antix should do the same then ;) NO?

Mdk

Looking a little deeper, weekend warrior is actually really nice and fresh sounding... Zebra beat is just another average electro track to be forgotten imo... Allready tired of the: pleasure, happiness, success, models on cocaine: after the 3rd listen.. The groove and arpeggieded bass is nice though...

But except that, i have a feeling this album will grow on me... time will tell

Ticon is Plural... two persons! :) And why change their name? They have GRADUALLY changed their style over the years, very smooth im :) I think Vibrasphere and Antix should do the same then ;) NO?

It's just that i love some of the older ticon, waiting for the nights, mammoth hunter and so... Just hoped their would be at least a small sound of that left for this.. Didn't liked zero six after though so maybe your right ;)