Now that Ticon has jumped to the better place of trance

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it says trance, not PSY trance :P and for me it IS very trancey!! ;)

well, for me it sounds like house/minimal/electro

no idea where the trance beats and the warm melodies are... no kidding, if this gets such an attention there must be no more problem to write reviews of all my old 95-97 trance cds, as they are closer to psychedelic trance music then this album... The day I hear this on a psy trance party, I stop partying... Fabien was right in the other topic, Psychedelic music is dead, except for some spasms here and there...

We always say alot about progression of music, about new influences, bla bla, but this is simply commercial disco music, so regression instead of progression...

all imho of course, before I get killed for what I say here :)

I listened to that 1987 track. The melody flows exactly as I was thinking it would, the same synth line is repeated over and over, just that melody scale varies. Some say it's a good thing. Some like their walls grey.

What's the talk about electro influences? Clearly somebody has overlooked the magnificent juan atkins etc. 80s electro efforts to bring that style into discussion.

I feel this more than anything, flirts with spacesynth genre that laserdance once dominated.

Of course I could've refrained from writing what's above and post a pic of big pile of stinking cheez. :)

Then, on the other hand, I am starting to appreciate releases like this one all the more as my interest in the psy scene is unfortunately starting to diminish. Nothing against the music, its quality, the labels or the artists, it's just that an album like Ticon's newest effort gives me more chills down my spine than my top 5 psy trance albums for 2007. I can't explain it, but I don't want to. Why even bother when it feels so good and stamps ridiculous smiles all over my face.

Ok I have only listened to what they have on the site, so not the best quality but is definitely keeping me amused while I am fighting with my CAD package and computer (another typical working day then) while outside it is a glorious summer day with not a breath of wind. Thanks Ticon! making things a bit more bearable.

I have go along with Oopie, I have a suspicion that my days of being a trance junkie are drawing to an end. I love most electronic music, well no let me qualify that. I love most genres of well produced, intelligent electronic music. Range from perhaps my introduction Depeche Mode's - My Secret Garden through the Orb and Propellerheads to whatever. What has impressed me the most over the last few years? Sphongle, Younger Brother, Flying Rhino's Freestyle stuff. That is stuff that is good music without having to fit into a category.

For what it is worth I am really glad to hear these guys are 'stepping out of the box'. I haven't bothered buying much in the way of trance lately cause of the old situation where one or two tracks on the album are killer and the rest range from ok to plain old mediocre? At least here we are getting something that you have to decide 'do I like it or not?' and perhaps why do I react like this.

We always say alot about progression of music, about new influences, bla bla, but this is simply commercial disco music, so regression instead of progression...

+1, which wouldn't be much of a problem, if it wasn't this "scene" they seek success with this album in. Why don't they do it like Extrawelt and Miniliogue (Music that i like for what it is) and realease their music where it "belongs" and probably is much more appreciated?