Some questions about Suntrip

Ormion

Here are some questions I wanna ask Mars & Anoebis about their label.

For example:

Are the sales of Suntrip's releases going well? Are you dissapointed by the sales so far? Did you except that more Goa fans would pick up Suntrip's cds?

Are you surprised by the sales so far? Are they bigger than you expected?

Are the Suntrip's releases popular only to old Goa lovers or there are new Psyheads that indroduce theirselves to Goa with your cds?

How ppl around the world regard your label? As an exciting Goa revival or as a label out of dated?

How old artists feel about your label? Do they support it? Do they think it's a label that releases ''dead''music? Do they care? Do they know that Suntrip exists? (I'm talking about the old, famous artists that produce full on or progressive now).

Did the Dimension 5 reissue sell well?

hehe, nice questions ormion, people tend to be curious about such things but usually labels arent quite reachable, arent they? since this place ir run by mars and anoebis visits this place once in a while as well we might get some answers, i hope not much of paranoid mumbling and hiding of information from us will appear :D

hehe, nice questions ormion, people tend to be curious about such things but usually labels arent quite reachable, arent they? since this place ir run by mars and anoebis visits this place once in a while as well we might get some answers, i hope not much of paranoid mumbling and hiding of information from us will appear :D

reger i had enough with your sillyness. many people can decieve but if you read anoebis posts up to date i think hes genuine but also trying to eat at the same time, so we should get some good answers if they do come.

PS - reger can i come over this weekend? :D

reger i had enough with your sillyness. many people can decieve but if you read anoebis posts up to date i think hes genuine but also trying to eat at the same time, so we should get some good answers if they do come.

i dont know whether to laugh at your joke [it is, isnt it?] or cry in case it isnt :(!

and this weekend is too late, next is busy, you might try the one after next, weather is shit here however, after you visit me, knowing how rich you and your friends are we could take a ferry trip to sweden and then go to norway and from norway to finnland and you pay for me since im such a lovely guy :posford:

i think the main problem of any label is downloading and copying

whether its goa shranz or ultra popular pulphouse

personally i don't care if i own 32O kbps mp3 versions or wav versions or the original cd, money is always a delicate thing

but if it's for good people i really do want to support them!

i dont know whether to laugh at your joke [it is, isnt it?] or cry in case it isnt :(!

and this weekend is too late, next is busy, you might try the one after next, weather is shit here however, after you visit me, knowing how rich you and your friends are we could take a ferry trip to sweden and then go to norway and from norway to finnland and you pay for me since im such a lovely guy :posford:

this is my last reply to our sillyness because i think this is a great thread, and even greater that anoebis is going to answer questions that could help many people in the future.

but dude you need what we call a playas card. then you need to dip it in platinum and have the ladies pay for all your stuff.. know what i mean?

this is my last reply to our sillyness because i think this is a great thread, and even greater that anoebis is going to answer questions that could help many people in the future.

but dude you need what we call a playas card. then you need to dip it in platinum and have the ladies pay for all your stuff.. know what i mean?

well you ladies can make me such, cant you ;)?

as for sillyness - youre quite a delusional kind of type. what i said in my initial post was in no way directed against anoebis/mars, so next time you play rough guy [again!] read twice and ask around for advice if you dont get what you see ;).

as fast as lightning...

well you ladies can make me such, cant you ;)?

as for sillyness - youre quite a delusional kind of type. what i said in my initial post was in no way directed against anoebis/mars, so next time you play rough guy [again!] read twice and ask around for advice if you dont get what you see ;).

as fast as lightning...

no dude you misunderstood, i dont wanna spam up a serious topic so i was saying to discuss the matter more we should take it elsewhere. you hurt my feelings brother. assume makes an as of u and me. ;)

I'm curious about Suntrip's goal and future vision of the goa trance scene, and also how they feel about the small goa revival of the past 3 years that is still growing.

And one for Anoebis: How do teaching and goa trance labels mix for you :P Gonna give any extra credit for students that go to a psy party? ;) That would be such a rad teacher...

We are waithing eagerly to hear your point of view on the goa scene today Anoebis from a label perspective =)

We are waithing eagerly to hear your point of view on the goa scene today Anoebis from a label perspective =)

This evening... I'm now finalizing some lessons I have to teach, and then i'll answer this damn interview :posford:

This evening... I'm now finalizing some lessons I have to teach, and then i'll answer this damn interview :posford:

Haha dont feel any pressure ;) maybe its time for a new interview or update to the current one with you guys in the interview section.

So here we go with this interview... before falling in bed :)

>> Are the sales of Suntrip's releases going well?

Well, because we didn't had any expectations when we started suntrip, we can only say yes :) and compared to other labels it seems like we are a decent medium sized label with a good crowd behind us, we sell enough to survive and print new cds, so we are going well :)

>> Are you dissapointed by the sales so far?

see above... not really... Sometimes we have dissapointing periods, but that's mostly because of a bad release date given by the distributor... For instance releases from june-august does not sell really during these months... (hippies travelling around, and get back home broke) But out of this period no dissapointments, again, because we had no real expectations :)

>> Did you except that more Goa fans would pick up Suntrip's cds?

Well, not really... :) In Belgium all goa fans have at least 1 (and mostly much more) goa cds, so I have the feeling quiet alot of real goa lovers that are still in the scene have at least 1 or some cds original... But a broader audience in the future is possible of course :) The 10th cd will have an ambient side, and that side will be more easy to get into for people that are not only into goa trance :)

Also, in the past with ka Sol we reached a more dark loving audience, but only few ones it seems.

>> Are you surprised by the sales so far? Are they bigger than you expected?

Well, to be honest we were surprised in the beginning that for instance Apsara sold so well compared to really big labels that only sold double of us... so back then the sales were definately bigger than expected... but now we always sell what we thought, so that surprise is gone :)

>> Are the Suntrip's releases popular only to old Goa lovers or there are new Psyheads that indroduce theirselves to Goa with your cds?

I know lots of new goa heads of 16-20 years that found out about old school via Suntrip, so it's popular with a small part of the new generation for sure... but I don't have a clue how many % of our clientele is "new" in the scene or not...

>> How ppl around the world regard your label? As an exciting Goa revival or as a label out of dated?

It depends... :) Many big labels looked at us as a "outdated" label when we started for sure, but after 2-3 years they saw this was not just a resurrection of the past... We are trying to build on something new... And we feel now while slowly compiling suncd10 that bigger labels have respect for us and like what we are doing, even if it is not their style... Also working together with more known names helps of course (Dimension 5, Ra, Aes Dana, Solar Fields,... more to come)

>> How old artists feel about your label? Do they support it? Do they think it's a label that releases ''dead''music? Do they care? Do they know that Suntrip exists? (I'm talking about the old, famous artists that produce full on or progressive now).

Some guys like D5 and Chi-ad for instance support us for sure, but that are probably the only known ones... We know Astral Projection said they liked what we are doing... But many others like Etnica, Deedrah/Transwave,... Think we are releasing dead music... They think goa trance is the past and they don't think of remaking this music... EVER. But they do know we exist (at least all the ones mentioned above here)

>> Did the Dimension 5 reissue sell well?

Well, not yet fully as expected because of a bad release date, and some distribution problems at saikosounds, but I guess this autumn it will reach our goals... For sure with the DImension 5 live act (for the first time in 10 years) coming up :)

>> only have one simple question... RA'S NEW ALBUM DATE OF RELEASE... ?

Honest? I don't know anymore. He is moving to Sardinia, and he's busy with moving, marrying instead of making music... but he promised us his album (which is half ready...) so I guess it will still happen one day for sure!

>> I'm curious about Suntrip's goal and future vision of the goa trance scene

Our goal? Promote good melodic goa trance, with a modern touch... :) Release music I absolutely love, both goa trance and ambient in fact... and specially... And that's the ream goal... Make people happy with the music! :) When we released a cd I always hope people will enjoy it when sitting outside in nature, with a discman... and dream away, sitting in the sunshine! That's my goal :)

>>how they feel about the small goa revival of the past 3 years that is still growing.

It's nice to see and feel there is something moving again! This means there is a future afterall! But let's be honest, not all "new school" is good quality yet... Everyone is able to work with a pc... So everyone is able to make music... But some are very talented for sure, and will get released for sure! Only a pitty we are probably the only label releasing this music on cd, mastered etc (except for some exceptions twice a year)

>>How do teaching and goa trance labels mix for you?

Hard; coming home tired, make my lessons, eat, continue lessons, work for suntrip... Sleep... And in the weekends, the same combined with girlfriend and dj-ing... i'll be glad when I'm used to work as a teacher, so I don't have to make so much preparations!

Ok, that's it :) any more questions? Shoot! :D

Nice reading indeed, a question i have since you as a label i can imagine you receive a lot of demos? Or is it just the goa artists i see that are active on myspace that make goa trance now a days? I have no clue really since this is the only forum im member of where there still are people who enjoy this "ancient music" because i think the goa activity on isratrance is minimal, at least here when someone post a goa track in the promotion section it gets some replies and so on, i have heard there is some goa on acid planet and some other similar sites but i havent bothered to check it out really.

So my question: how many active goa trance artists do you think there is today more or less ? Maybe a difficult question but based on the ammount of demos you guys receive there should be possible to estimate something. Someone should make a list with active goa trance artists i think. Another interesting thing is why goa seems to be so popular in Belgium and Sweden.. or at least there have been a lot of famous goa trance artist coming from Sweden in the past. And now lately Filteria :)

Maybe im missing something out this is just my odd view on things. (and im tired) ZzzzZZ

Good night psynews people :D:wub:

But many others like Etnica, Deedrah/Transwave,... Think we are releasing dead music... They think goa trance is the past and they don't think of remaking this music... EVER.

:wank:

I am not surprised actually, but those guys don't realise that they are not making such 'alive' music anymore and their 'dead' input from before is much more long lasting than any of their new stuff. <_<

Another interesting thought...Belgium has more or less

the biggest 'oldschool scene' left, but this scene consists 100% of

DJ's, parties and a label. I mean, where are the artists? How is it possible that

not even one Newschool name came from Belgium yet?

Anoebis - Do you consider the Ka-Sol release to be a business mistake? In purely financial terms and in gaining equity for your label? (I know it was largely an emotional consideration, because his music is good and he has strong underground roots.) Basically, has the experience made you feel like you only want to release music that is more of a "sure thing"?

Also, have you been in touch with Kenneth Abildgaard or D-Dave for possible future releases on complilations?

Thanks! :D

Also, have you been in touch with Kenneth Abildgaard or D-Dave for possible future releases on complilations?

They are both registered here, but I guess Anoebis will give you the answer before they do since they appear very rarely around here.

How could i forget the most important question ever :rolleyes: when will NHJOHYENNRO get a record deal? :lol::unsure: