The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx guys, yes Antic I am very interested but as for now I don't have any money, starting university in half a month and will take about 3 weeks before I get hold of any money. I will send you a pm instead..

errm

the guy is actually there

they are actually that size prop knives

the shadows are real not cg

its an actual photograph as it is the style of storm thorgeson

these are not my ideas but facts, so some previous discussion is in a way funny :)

now for my own taste

it is a very good album cover

and completely different than the usual psytrance/ambient stuff

like the music itself

errm

the guy is actually there

they are actually that size prop knives

the shadows are real not cg

its an actual photograph as it is the style of storm thorgeson

these are not my ideas but facts, so some previous discussion is in a way funny :)

What we meant is, that the shadows of scissors and man do not match. Both scissors and man cast shadows directly on the wall they're standing by, but those walls are at 90 degrees. So, if guy's shadow is a proper one (and it is, because it is a real photography), the scissors' shadow should be directed towards the middle of the scene, not on the wall.

:)

I can't believe you people are actually discussing the shadows on the YB cover. It's like discussing on why the face on the Shpongle covers has more than one pair of eyes. :) Well duuuuh... we're talking about people behind psychedelic projects. ;)

Anyhow, good eye, it didn't attract my attention...

Regarding the content of the new CD, after hearing YB live two times last year I can personally assure everyone that it's quality MUSIC. Most of the tracks from those gigs were new and astonishing, full of fun and ideas, very danceable too (mind you - it's more downtempo-ish).

I can't believe you people are actually discussing the shadows on the YB cover. It's like discussing on why the face on the Shpongle covers has more than one pair of eyes. :) Well duuuuh... we're talking about people behind psychedelic projects. ;)

You know, since I can't analyse the music yet, the cover must do as a substitute! ;):D

What we meant is, that the shadows of scissors and man do not match. Both scissors and man cast shadows directly on the wall they're standing by, but those walls are at 90 degrees. So, if guy's shadow is a proper one (and it is, because it is a real photography), the scissors' shadow should be directed towards the middle of the scene, not on the wall.

No, look again. The shadow of the guy's almost-vertical leg is not perpendicular to the wall. His shadow is behind him wrt the direction he is walking. Therefore the angle of the sun relative to other objects is something like this:

...........|

...........|

...........|

...........| 8< (Scissors)

______|

......o-< (Man)

...........................O (Sun)

The shadows are pretty much where they should be.

Top all that off with stunning artwork by the legendary Storm Thorgerson (whose work has graced albums by Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, and Led Zeppelin, among many others), and there you have it – the outside matches the inside. With “The Last Days Of Gravity”, you have yourself another trendsetting, description-defying release from Twisted Records!

Damn!

:(

No, look again. The shadow of the guy's almost-vertical leg is not perpendicular to the wall. His shadow is behind him wrt the direction he is walking. Therefore the angle of the sun relative to other objects is something like this:

...........|

...........|

...........|

...........| 8< (Scissors)

______|

......o-< (Man)

...........................O (Sun)

The shadows are pretty much where they should be.

Ok, but in this case the shadow of the more distant scissors' leg should be directed further towards the middle of the picture. And it isn't.

They fucked it up.

I won't buy it.

Won't pay my 15EUR for a cover with erroneously rendered shadows.

Will leech this one.

;)

:D

Ok, but in this case the shadow of the more distant scissors' leg should be directed further towards the middle of the picture. And it isn't.

Bear in mind that the leg is not vertical.

(Sorry Oopie)

Abasio you are going to hell for that. And your hell will include all those girls in your avatars but without their pussy. And you will have an eternal hard on. Oh and the only creature with a pussy in your hell will be Reger. :wank: