The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

I think you don't hear enough his name praised. The guy practically invented goa. The rumours state LSD was composed in '93! how's sucha achievement possible to a mortal human being.... well, it's not.

As the name states we're talking about GODford here. The guy is so good he's beyond sanity yet not insane.

His early trax are full of variation. Forever changing never resting. Nothing seems forced in his works as he just comes up with splendid themes and effects. You see, Simon learned an important lesson when he was young:

"if you don't have a track to write, don't".

After 97, he hasn't released an (hallu) album. He's still touring 10k a gig at least....

What you need to do to understand Simon is to smoke weed (or salvia), get your consciousness altered (into state without feelings) and slowed down. Only after that you can truly penetrate into the sound and it's basics. After this you're able to understand how much more is there to Hallucinogen and how much less is there to almost everything else.

The most important thing is.... my whole topic is full of nonsense! The writer absolutely has no clue. I made a Godford topic and seriously failed doing so. I'm deeply sorry and please if there's anything you want to get off your heart it's:

Oopie's,

2 Michael Road,

London,

SW6 2AD,

United Kingdom.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping this new younger brother album is good. Otherwise I'll stick with Proem, Kattoo, Secede, Stendeck, Kettel and any more good (I hate to say IDM) music like that.. :)

it's not pinned :P

...yet :)

mods have no other choice as this is the demand of the public!

No need for Simon Posford to make a new Hallucinogen album, Artha is the new Hallucinogen <3

I've heard his music but clearly it's not composed by S. "god" Ford.

this guy isn't just any random average joe. he made lsd AND in his spare time made the first mass-production car to hit the market.

I see what you did there.

Obviously Twisted was not the greatest psy album ever, but I think that you have to admit that at the very least it was pretty ground breaking for its time. I think that you have to understand that the vast majority of people who think "SIMON = GOD" are people who don't listen to psy all that much/just listen to it on the side. For example I share the same convictions against popular/sold out psytrance such as Skazi/Infected Mushroom ect. since my exposure is pretty deep compared to the 'Daft Punk Expert' average electronic music listener. However I also listen to a lot of Drum N Bass, and one of my fav producers is Pendulum, a group who apparently is on 'sold out' status to the drum n bass scene. I don't go around preaching that Pendulum is the saviour of DnB, but I don't think you can argue that I obviously like to listen to them a lot and that the 'casual' psytrance listen doesn't like Hallucinogen.

Basically, who cares what other people think is the most amazing psytrance ever? If you feel offended by other's taste in your fav music you just might be an elitest.

Neglecting all the sell out theries, the contribution to the massive motoring industry, and his potential involvement in the global distribution of LSD, I actually admire Simon Posford for his great contribution to the hair dressing industry :blink:

When Michael Jackson sported his immortal jheri curl for the first time back in the '80s, he could have never hoped that his legacy would eventually influence a great psy trance producer from England...

Posted Image

Soon enough though, M.J.'s highly original hairdo was not fashionable anymore, and it was replaced by the annoying high top fade haircut, mainly flashed by hip hop youngztaz such as Kid 'n' Play and Big Daddy Kane:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then the '90s came. And we were back on track. Simon Posford came and amazed. Music wise and style wise, as he had his own take on the once internationally popular hairdo! The rearranging cream with pungent chemicals was probably still applied, and it might seem that his hair was also put on them perm rods to remain permanently curled in. He even gave it his personal touch, by easing up on the chemical solutions and thus enabling his hair to keep that looser and "wilder", dare I say afroish look, laying the corner stone for hairdos of many future producers. Whether or not he applied activator and heavy moisturizers on a daily basis and slept with a plastic cap on his head to keep the hairstyle from drying out is questionable, as when recently seen on the Twisted Records label party, his hair seemed rather short. The legend however lives on...

Posted Image

Holy crap guys... :blink:

Could he be the hidden essence of life?

Just think about it, how was your life BEFORE you ever listened to his work, and how was it... after?

Yeah man.

Listening to that "shamanix" intro made me want to smoke some weed even before I knew what weed is.

I think that you have to understand that the vast majority of people who think "SIMON = GOD" are people who have understood the meaning of life.

Simon Posford has coodies.

Plus he has a wooden leg with an LSD treasure island map in it, and he has a glass eye with a fish in it.

Plus I heard that his "Twisted" and "The lone deranger" albums were written by undiscovered musically talented youth from Cambodia, who were payed them 5 cents an hour to randomly run around video clubs and search for cool samples they would later incorporate into tracks, while Simon would undeservedly collect the credit!

Plus he has a wooden leg with an LSD treasure island map in it, and he has a glass eye with a fish in it.

Plus I heard that his "Twisted" and "The lone deranger" albums were written by undiscovered musically talented youth from Cambodia, who were payed them 5 cents an hour to randomly run around video clubs and search for cool samples they would later incorporate into tracks, while Simon would undeservedly collect the credit!

I heard Simon posford lived in Hawaii for 6 months, just sitting on the beach all day, listening for the perfect wave. One day while deep in a shamanic trance brought on by snorting a rare form of prehistoric tree bark. He then heard the perfect wave, and recorded it on his minidisk, by running naked into the ocean waving the mindisk recorder around in a hope to capture all its psychdelic beauty. He then added a few effects, and a reverb and used it in one of his tunes.

Did you draw the offending caricatures of the prophet Mohammed last year?