Astral Projection or MFG?

Mindphilux

Well i'm interested in hearing thoughts and opinions on who really is better. Sure AP is the more well known of the two, but honestly I find myself enjoying MFG more sometimes. There is an obvious comparision of the two... Anyone have thoughts on who is better and why?

yup, ive found myself listening to more from mfg, ap seems quite different from mfg to me, dont know, but mfg sounds more alien to me and has allways attracted my attention with those weird sounds and techniques, id say they are great example of goa trance, technique wise, common goa weirdness elements implemented into all tracks without getting cheesy :)

wouldnt say that ap is boring, they have imo lots of good tracks too, especially old ones like free tibet and other from astral files [free tibet, maian dream, utopia] and dancing galaxy. perhaps there were too many of ap tracks, thus why people tend to find them boring? while mfg have pretty compact and diverse discography imo.

btw, ive allways found mfg's sound more appealing to me, bit more distinctive and harder ^_^ while mfg was kind of softer and perhaps thats why never really gave ap a chance/attention :)

Well, seems like I'll be the ugly duckling in this thread... I prefer Astral Projection to MFG any time of the day, night and anything in between. To be honest there are two main reasons, and they are called Maian Dream and Liquid Sun, two of my favorite tracks from A.P. Especially the first which is my favorite tune to have ever hailed out of Israel, and it still gets me hypnotized years and years after I first heard it! The A.P. boys snatch the crown, IMO!!!

I agree with the comments on MFG sounding more alien (i'm mostly referring to their first 3 albums). There is a magic in their sound

same here, but imo the message is pretty much like typical mfg sound [Walking On Ice, Wellcome to The Edge...], not as good as their first 3 albums tho, more to fullon sound, updated :D

I've actually been listening to a lot of MFG lately, and although I like their stuff they never quite reached the same classic, quasi-timeless level that AP did back in the day, especially at their peak with Trust in Trance 3.

i prefer hallucinogen. why doesnt anyone ever mention hallucinogen? if youre gonna mention astral projecton surely you need to mention hallucinogen. thats why i think hallucinogen are better than asshole probeaction or massage from goats. everyone knows that hallucinogen are the best. so why didnt you mention halluginogen in this poll? hallucinogen are obviously the best when it comes to old goa. so next time you make a topic without hallucinogen in it, please remember to include halucinogen, so that people who like hallucinogen can vote for hallucinogen.

oh yeah, btw, im an AP guy instead of mfg... sorry! mfgs stupid bass.... hmm...

i prefer hallucinogen. why doesnt anyone ever mention hallucinogen? if youre gonna mention astral projecton surely you need to mention hallucinogen. thats why i think hallucinogen are better than asshole probeaction or massage from goats. everyone knows that hallucinogen are the best. so why didnt you mention halluginogen in this poll? hallucinogen are obviously the best when it comes to old goa. so next time you make a topic without hallucinogen in it, please remember to include halucinogen, so that people who like hallucinogen can vote for hallucinogen.

:lol:

:lol:

Check out our resident Hallucinogen-phile Yasen

He bangs on about Simon Posford so much that everyone else has got bored with him. It not Simon's fault. It's Yasen's <_<:P

I also like them both equally cause I have been listening to both groups at the same time, for a long time. Astral has more polished production and better mastering while MFG phuck your brain with their rawness and dusty darkness. I cannot separate two of them, they are part of the same psychedelic ideology.

My album picks would be TRUST IN TRANCE = NEW KIND OF WORLD > PROJECT GENESIS = ANOTHER WORLD > DANCING GALAXY = THE PROPHECY > ASTRAL FILES > THE MESSAGE

If I remember correctly reading somewhere at the beginning MFG were called in to the studio by the label (maybe Phonokol) and asked to make music that sounds like Astral Projection did at the time. Neither one of them is at the top of their game today, but historically I suppose Astral Projection is more significant.