Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane ! (BNE/Yoyo)

Artist – Infected Mushroom

Title – Becoming Insane

Label – YoYo Records

Cat # - YoYoCS12

Format – CD Jewel Case

Barcode – 729 0010 123 34 6

Territory – Worldwide

Release Date – January 29th 2007

File Under – Electronica

Infected Mushroom - Erez Aizen and Amit Duvdevani (aka Duvdev)—have been the leading force within the global Psy-Trance scene for nearly a decade. Incorporating pumping, bad-ass grooves and infectious melodies, live instruments and vocals into their songs, they’ve performed live in front of well over a million people around the globe.

The band’s energetic live show has wowed fans at some of the world’s largest and most important music festivals (including OMIX Festival in Mexico, Miami’s Ultra Festival, Tribe in Sao Paulo), and they continue to regularly sell-out top clubs such as the Brixton Academy in London, Toronto’s Koolhaus at the Government, and Avalon in New York and Los Angeles. Their success on the global concert circuit has translated into record sales in excess of 300,000 albums over the course of five acclaimed independent albums.

Almost 2 years since the release of the critically accalaimed “IM The Supervisor”, Infected Mushroom returns with a brand new album. “Becoming Insane” is the first single taken out of Infected Mushroom’s 6th and long awaited studio album ‘Vicious Delicious’.

‘Becoming Insane’ has been played throughout the last year in each of Infected Mushroom’s concerts held around the world and has turned to be one of the key tracks from the upcoming album. This song blends flamenco beats, guitar driven riffs along with Duvdev’s haunting vocals and hosts Gil Cerezo, the lead singer of ‘Kinky’, one of Mexico’s most appreciated and successful bands.

The cd single includes a few more suprises: new remixes for ‘Deeply Disturbed’ and ‘Merlin’, two of Infected’s previous hits, now re-constructed to meet the new Infected sound, plus the video clip for ‘Becoming Insane’, all of which together combine an intense package to start the infection.

The world is becoming insane...insane...i’m becoming insane...

Posted Image

1. Becoming Insane (Radio Mix)

2. Becoming Insane (Album Mix)

3. Deeply Disturbed (Infected Remix)

4. Merlin (Infected Remix)

5. Becoming Insane (Video)

Worldwide release date - January 29th, 2007

Pre order your CD NOW here :

http://shop.bne.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=847

Shipping will start on January 22nd, 2007

‘Becoming Insane’ has been played throughout the last year in each of Infected Mushroom’s concerts held around the world and has turned to be one of the key tracks from the upcoming album. This song blends flamenco beats, guitar driven riffs along with Duvdev’s haunting vocals and hosts Gil Cerezo, the lead singer of ‘Kinky’, one of Mexico’s most appreciated and successful bands.

The cd single includes a few more suprises: new remixes for ‘Deeply Disturbed’ and ‘Merlin’, two of Infected’s previous hits, now re-constructed to meet the new Infected sound, plus the video clip for ‘Becoming Insane’, all of which together combine an intense package to start the infection.

The world is becoming insane...insane...i’m becoming insane...

I have a horrible feeling that this song is just these lyrics repeated again & again & agian. Is it? Come on you can tell us! Everyone here is expecting the new album to be complete shite anyway.

I'm sure there will be some good music on the album but I'm goona guess that it will be ruined by shitty lyrics :angry:

I am also going to guess that this single will be the worst track on the album (for me)

Although I don't like the way IM has gone I still wish you a lot of success with this & future releases :)

Even if IM didnt quiet take the direction I has hoped, and the fact that I dont like their new style, I still have the deepest respect for the duo. 2 of the most talented musicians in the Psy Scene. I wish them all the best for the future, and wish they could start doing cool music again! :)

i`ve not yet heard this album......should i bother?

Of course you should!

Not many people here like the direction they have taken but the fact is they are still quality! People here feel dissapointed due to a change from really inspirational trippy madness to much more commercial stuff. But as POP goes it's pretty good.

Even if IM didnt quiet take the direction I has hoped, and the fact that I dont like their new style, I still have the deepest respect for the duo. 2 of the most talented musicians in the Psy Scene. I wish them all the best for the future, and wish they could start doing cool music again! :)

I absolutely join your club! Eventhough I must say I disagree that they are the two most talented psy (they don't even do this type of music anymore) trance producers on the scene! They use to be very, very, close though! ;)

yéps same over here, IM has prooved many times to have huge talent, why not use that out the psy trance world,

in an intervieuw they said that will still make psytrance but also do something else,

why is a side project of an goa artist that is not goa so critized,

many people like it, there are videos over the internet where people go wild...

why wouldn't we grant this people that joy, if some don't like it, np we are all different,

but indeed I had another idea of their side project in my mind then this true...

i just did buy the albums 1,2,3

I like

are the other album good too?

coverting vegiterians has its moments but the last one sucks... not worth buying imo!

I hope they will produce some good tracks on the new album, but think they wont (please prove me wrong) :P

Oddly enough, i quite like it...It`s not trance, but i like a very wide variety of music anyway...so it could fit in my `pop` slot!

I don`t like the video, but thats neither here nor there!!

Duvdev’s haunting vocals

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Infected Mushroom have won their respect in my heart:

The Gathering changed what people expected of psytrance (everything was very Delta/X-Dream'ish prior to its release),

Classical Mushroom is one of the best albums I've ever heard - including Bust A Move, one of the most energetic and

beautiful trance anthems (yes, it is an anthem) ever released,

B.P. Empire is very high quality and although it speaks less to me, has one of my top 5 favourite pieces of music ever in any genre - Dancing With Kadafi,

Converting Vegetarians is the first step in a downwards trend for IM but it still includes some very cool tracks and a great combination with Berry Sakharof,

IM the Supervisor has lots of really sad, non-psy, shite tracks - but it also has Stretched, Meduzze, Bombat which are some of IM's best pieces.

Besides, I've started listening to psytrance because of Infected Mushroom, and without them would have never discovered Artifakt, Jaia, Jikkenteki, Ka-Sol, Pleiadians, Shpongle, Ott and so many other great psy artists (what a weird blend of artists, but what can I say - I love 'em all).

However, what Infected Mushroom play today is barely psytrance. Their shows are commercial, horrible crap - with the masses I can see in Linkin Park concerts. Their music has Radio Edits, targetted at worldwide public playlists.

Their music isn't played during a sunrise in the desert, or a sunset near the beach.

I can't blame them - they want financial security, they want global success, they want to break through. This requires a compromise of music style - something that will talk to most everyone. And they're doing it.

I respect them, or rather - what they have accomplished. I sadly doubt that I'll be getting their latest.

I respect Infected Mushroom because I do believe that they were incredible. Also, I think that you guys have to realize that though they may have sold out and release very watered down types of psytrance, I still think they are cutting edge compared to 95% of trance and a lot of other types of electronic music. I didn't like the music video, I thought it was just stupid. However the new song sounded ok, not monumental or good, but def something I'd put on my tracklist every now and again.

Also that guy really needs to stop fucking singing. You are bad and also you are a trance group. You produce on computers and other equipment. Get the fuck over yourself.

Stop looking at it for psytrance!

It's not psytrance anymore. People are unintentionally thinking of psytrance when hearing their popish stuff because of the psy influence and (generally to old IM fans and on here) hating or disliking it.

I watched the "Becoming Insane" video and when it comes to quality pop music, this is shallow, mindless, forgettable trash IMHO. They're aiming at being pop stars by using their talents in psy and it is what it is.

I'm open minded to hear the other songs on the 2007 album before judging it for what it is, not for psytrance. Yes they're heading in a direction I find infinitely less deep, complex, imaginative, and enjoyable, but the mainstream is huge and if you can appeal to the mainstream most artists don't care if they lose the non-mainstream fans.

IM is generally less or not psytrance anymore. Take that into consideration before saying it sucks even if it's NOT a good electronica/pop song. They're trying to make a catch phrase for mainstream audiances to remember, not for fans of their earlier work.

And I THOUGHT the next album was going to be more like the OTHER SIDE on Converting Vegetarians. What happened?? Was that a rumor or some other album??

If they were at all aware of the mainstream pop and electronica scene, you'd think they'd at least get a good singer!! Two actual songs worked well with voices and singing.

1. Converting Vegetarians (Self titled song)

2. Muse Breaks

I absolutely join your club! Eventhough I must say I disagree that they are the two most talented psy (they don't even do this type of music anymore) trance producers on the scene! They use to be very, very, close though! ;)

Just make one thing clear in my statement, I didnt say they are THE most talented, I said 2 OF the most talented. Meaning, I didnt say they are the ultimate in production :)

But what would Duvdev do then? :rolleyes:

Quit or get fired.

Disqusting track, one of the bigest shit i ever heard!!!

All the respect for IM, some of my favorite tracks of the history of trance are his. I do not like the direction that takes IM.

More commercial than melodic.

I have verified that to people whom it does not like psytrance likes him much this track, for what ??

Listen this, is very similar to another “very popular” track (Almost in Lyrics).

IM vs "Betty La Fea"

Sorry but I do this in my work with few tools... [No coments]