Full On Psychedelic Trance...

Psynetix

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the same thing occured to me after posting that, I thought particularly of Faerie Dragon's compo Squeech. Seriously strange stuff, and yep, not always 4/4.

And, if I remember correctly, which I may not, Bodhisattva 13:20 played a tune (live) which contained a section of a very odd timesig, and it sure was strange... but most of the song was 4/4.

Attention for the new truest january statement

Old Goa trance fans is so blind that they can't see that their music is also boring and repetitive and that all the tracks sounds the same

And that the melodies are all predictable too, and that is in fact, a bit childish

Wow! Thank you! So many people would agree to that aswell. I don't see why people say full-on psytrance isn't psychedelic trance. Then what is it? I hate normal Trance, hard trance, hardstyle, anything like that shit is retarded. I like psychedelic trance because of the sounds and the basslines, it has soo much more flow, more rhythm, the sounds are out of this world.

Nice reply... it's only for dancefloors... No mindexpanding music which gives room for originality and fantasy...

I agree.

Naturally, there is some Full On with psychedelic influence, feel, and elements and the other way around. You can listen to Full On on your headphones and say it's great and/or opens your mind. I honestly find a handful of Full On songs great for being cool trance dance songs.

However, the intent [the general focus] behind Full On seems most consistent with being made for dancing to and the clubs, nothing more. It's not the type of music often desired to further mentally explore because it's already done it's job, on the dance floor.

And now I'm just repeating what others have basically said.

Wow! Thank you! So many people would agree to that aswell. I don't see why people say full-on psytrance isn't psychedelic trance. Then what is it? I hate normal Trance, hard trance, hardstyle, anything like that shit is retarded. I like psychedelic trance because of the sounds and the basslines, it has soo much more flow, more rhythm, the sounds are out of this world.

If you´re talking about the old masters Astral Projection, Hallucinogen, Transwave and the stuff on the very good tantrance compilations you´re right, if you´re talking about fulon i can´t agree at all.

If you´re talking about the old masters Astral Projection, Hallucinogen, Transwave and the stuff on the very good tantrance compilations you´re right, if you´re talking about fulon i can´t agree at all.

Don't forget Technossomy!

:ph34r:

Fullon is now the most popular style

& what happens with the most popular styles?

People with no talent choose that style because they want as many people as possible to like it.

So they have no talent, if they made as less popular style noone would like it, it's crap. But if you make it in the most popular style you are likely to find some people how will like it.

This is the problem with fullon

The style I don't mind. There are some great examples of it & it works well on the dancefloor.

The problem is that the market has become flooded & not 95% of everything released is a big pile of steaming dog doo!

Not 100%, but 98% or something :)

There are some seriously freaky tracks out there.

I was about to make the same comment myself. I'm personally a big fan of non-standard time sigs and wish they were more common.... :(

As for full on, I don't really care what it is, as long as it makes me move. True there is a lot of average (or worse) stuff out there, but there are some gems that come out every year.

I know, i must be careful to not get warnings because here on psynews you can get warnings very easily for example for just calling someone ignorant imbecile, on the other hand some people don´t get warnings even for very rude things.

unless it is warranted of course

and backed by almost everone on this forum and even endorsed by simon posford himself!!!!!!!!!!

You know, i`ve been going to psy events for 10 years or so...I couldn`t really categorise the music, as its at a psy event, it must be psy...!

I love to dance...some of the music makes me dance lots and i cant get off the dancefloor, but i couldn`t tell you what genre it is.... I can say...I find some of it `ploddy` and sooooo boring..that`s when i go off to find something more interesting to do!! ( i call it `old man` music)most clubs play this kind i find..(yawn)

Then there`s the wizzy `hands in the air` stuff, i like it for a while...till my arms ache and i sit down for a smoke....(Eskimo)

Then there`s me `trance` that sends me to the stars....not heard much of that for a while... Shane Gobi did it for me...Oh and Eat Staic...

Must admit to liking Rastaliens lots....what genre is that?

I`m willing to learn!!

I really do need to update my music NOW! I`m not stupid, i just never really got into the `geeky` side... :rolleyes:

You know, i`ve been going to psy events for 10 years or so...I couldn`t really categorise the music, as its at a psy event, it must be psy...!

I`m willing to learn!!

I really do need to update my music NOW! I`m not stupid, i just never really got into the `geeky` side... :rolleyes:

Check out some of the Japanese Fullon stuff! Very nice & excellent on the dancefloor :)

the problem is that there is no balance. it has tilted on the side of modern releases. I dont mind that fullon(or dark,prog whatever) exists,its the fact that It has eaten everything else.

how often do you see 1000 ppl tripping their tits off with some Dimension 5 or Asia 2001 in a party??? eh??

I want to be able to choose. thats all!

ALL psytrance, goa, fullon, all trance as well, are 4/4 time sig. Maybe you mean 16th note basslines? KbbbKbbb ? Cuz if your looking for other kinds of time sigs, maybe try breaks, dub, DnB, chill?

Ahh, okay, my mistake. What I was trying to say is where in goa tracks the drum beat would go boom boom bo boom or boom boom boom boo, in full-on it usually goes boom boom boom boom repeatedly. It's very boring and is a fast train to a headache.

Is this circle jerk day?

Not yet, still waiting on charlie, ale, and radi. Then your circle will be complete.

its not fair. we have more dicks that you. we could wait till some more dicks show up on your side.

I will try and rally some more dicks. :lol:

:lol::lol:

I like psychedelic trance because of the sounds and the basslines, it has soo much more flow, more rhythm, the sounds are out of this world.

A powerful bassline is more hypnotic than psychedelic IMO. Previous messages clearly stated what psychedelic is supposed to mean. Personally I like to stick to the "perceiving sounds as colors" definition. Never happened to me with a Full-on track, which is not to say that it is impossible of course.

Ahh, okay, my mistake. What I was trying to say is where in goa tracks the drum beat would go boom boom bo boom or boom boom boom boo, in full-on it usually goes boom boom boom boom repeatedly. It's very boring and is a fast train to a headache.

:lol::lol:

Yeah, but this is not the only problem with fullon, it sounds kiddish, badly produced and very strange, there is no other music that sounds so strange, when i heard it first time i thought that this is a track with synthslines with awful waveshapes, for example the TS404 of fruityloops with some awful strange waveshapes like noice or other. I don´t know who invent this style of music, and to call this psychedelic is IMO just wrong.

AH! I see, yes, I agree that relentless neverending kick with no embellishment is really annoying. I hear a lot of darkpsy that has different kick structures, (Psyfactor is a good example though a bit of overkill on the triple-kick...) something like (K=kick b=bass) KbbbKbbbKbbbKbbKKbbbKbbbKbbKKbKb... or similar. Or even leaving one kick out, Kbbb bbbKbbbKbbb... Im thinking darkpsy bass here, not total killargh fullon, if you know what I mean. Same structure but different sound (Most of the time).

Another thing about a lot of fullon is there is too much emphasis on the duuuuh duuuuh rather than making the bass more subdued, and bringing the kick out, which to me at least sounds more like Bwaaa Bwaaa... maybe thats gibberish... raise your hand if your confused....

*raises hand*

Yeah, but this is not the only problem with fullon, it sounds kiddish, badly produced and very strange, there is no other music that sounds so strange, when i heard it first time i thought that this is a track with synthslines with awful waveshapes, for example the TS404 of fruityloops with some awful strange waveshapes like noice or other. I don´t know who invent this style of music, and to call this psychedelic is IMO just wrong.

Wow