2006 Thanks to Psynews, etc...

faze

Hey Gang,

Some of you may think this is corny, and I apologize, but I've been feeling better recently. I have been in a great mood so I just want to express some of my thoughts at the end of the year here. Again, sorry if this is corny.

First off, I want to thank Mars, Anoebis, and all the mods that contribute time, money, and effort to bring Psynews.org to us. Many of us, including myself spend a lot of time here, and go into withdrawals if Psynews is down. There is a lot of work done to bring this to us at no cost. Thank you VERY much.

I'd like to thank ALL of the mods here as well. Moderating is a hate inducing, stress inducing, thankless job. Many of you put in a lot of time, for no reward and lots of grief. No matter how well you try, somebody will still get upset. Heck, if Jesus himself were a mod here, I am sure even he could offend the big three R's at Psynews, Reger, Radi, and Rezwalker. I kid, I kid because I love. :):lol::lol::lol:

I'd also like to thank all the members who contribute Reviews to Psynews. I eagerly look forward to each review you guys post here. Deathposture, Rah, Profane, and all the others. I take your informed opinions to heart, and it really does help sort through the massive number of releases each month.

Some other things that I am thankful for this year at Psynews, in total random order, as it streams from my brain to keyboard.

Thank you to all the DJs, both pro and hobbyist, that provide mixes for our listening pleasure here.

Thank you to Pavel for bringing Sensient to my attention in one of his posts. I now own all three Sensient albums and treasure them.

Thank you to several of you here that share similar taste in music as myself. I enjoy seeing what you all like, and recommending each other similar stuff. Off the top of my head, two that I have discussed a lot with are Abasio and Trancechick. Thank you both. Abasio, thanks for taking the joking I send your way, and your return fire as well.

Thank you to Jikkenteki for your generous help in our Holiday giveaway. Also thank you for releasing what very well may be the Album of the Year to me. Please keep making music!

Thank you to Colin, for your sense of humor, both in your music and your posts. I wanna party with you man!

Thank you to Suntrip, for bringing melody back to my ears. I own and love every release you've done.

Not sure if anyone from Iboga or Ultimae read Psynews, but thanks for all of your releases this year as well. Pure class.

Thank you to all the regulars who post here (with very few exceptions), you make this a fun place to hang out. You guys/gals are some of the coolest people on this planet. B)

Lastly... Thank you to Symphoid (Billy), for being a stellar example of how to present ones self on an Internet forum. Although there are a few others who do so as well, you are a role model to lookup to for what you bring to this forum, IMO. You bring so much fun stuff to this board, from art (musically, and visually) to all your great photos you take of yourself in funny situations. Most of all, you NEVER have a bad word to say about anyone here. I look at my posts, sometimes insulting or making fun of others and I am embarrased for how I behave compared to you. Keep it up. We need more like you, and as I've said, we do have a few others already.

Thank you all for letting me hang with all of ya in 2006, and I look forward to 2007 at Psynews.org. :)

Thank you for letting me be corny. :)

/corny mode off :)

faze

Thank you for the thanks to everyone. I hope they thank you back & you can again thank them for that inducing some kind of thanking circle :P

Thanks for the good vibes & your lotteries man!

Cool! ;)

Well, thank you for being so corny! :) Most of all, thank you for your kind words on the moderation on this forum, makes it worth it to spend around 6 hours every day here taking care of all the things that happen. :)

This is the first forum where I actually feel I belong. It's wonderful to have common values, opinions, humor, etc. with so many of you. The human perspective is often so interesting, so wild and even so wacky that it's impossible not be drawn to this place everyday. It's so cool to have met Otto in person and I hope to meet more of you in the real world someday. Since being here I've come to believe in my work as an artist and a musician like I haven't before. It's been an honor to share my creations. I've been introduced to new and amazing music (and amazing talent) since I've joined this forum and I thank all of you for that :)

Faze, thank you for your comments. I feel undeserving of your compliments since I've said my share of negative things here, but I do wholeheartedly appreciate your words :)

:) Good and kind words indeed... Bring them positive vibes!

Its always good to have people that u share musical interests with, to recieve inspiration from, and have a good time with :)

Nice to have u here too Mr. Positive :P and I mean that big thumbs up for that spirit, thats what we all need!

This place ain't nearly as good as it once was though, is it? No, no it isn't. Don't mean to be negative, but the truth is always preferable to sugar-coated lies. As D. H Lawrence put it -

What has killed mankind – for the bulk of mankind is dead –

is lies:

the nasty lying pretence of seeming to feel what we don’t feel.

This place ain't nearly as good as it once was though, is it? No, no it isn't. Don't mean to be negative, but the truth is always preferable to sugar-coated lies. As D. H Lawrence put it -

What has killed mankind – for the bulk of mankind is dead –

is lies:

the nasty lying pretence of seeming to feel what we don’t feel.

Sometimes its not the place that changes, its the view of the person ;) have you thought about that? That and the fact that people have rotated, and there are other members now active than before.... but yeah, its a shitpit right :D

Sometimes its not the place that changes, its the view of the person ;) have you thought about that? That and the fact that people have rotated, and there are other members now active than before.... but yeah, its a shitpit right :D

Sure, people's views change, but when several people's views change at the same time and are in accord it's usually the object of opinion that has changed. As for this place being a shitpit, I don't think it is. It's just not the place it once was.

Sure, people's views change, but when several people's views change at the same time and are in accord it's usually the object of opinion that has changed. As for this place being a shitpit, I don't think it is. It's just not the place it once was.

Yeah it's not. But if it has moved on for the better or the worse depends on your point of view. So if you say it's true it's worse now, it's only your truth. ;) Some people might say different.

Yeah it's not. But if it has moved on for the better or the worse depends on your point of view. So if you say it's true it's worse now, it's only your truth. ;) Some people might say different.

True, true.

This place ain't nearly as good as it once was though, is it? No, no it isn't. Don't mean to be negative, but the truth is always preferable to sugar-coated lies.

Wow, this place used to be even better? I am sorry I missed that.

Thanx Faze :lol:

Cheers on being so patient with Radi, i wish we had politicians like you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the same now that NHJO is back into hospital

I am only recently patient with Radi. I too have made many a post against Radi. I am not proud of it. I have since looked back and realized that is not how I want to be anymore, so I figured I would try a different approach recently. It's going to be a hard road to follow, and I may slip now and then. ;)