Eat Static...

NEMO.BOFH

These are my favourites but I also have B-World, Science of the Gods & Crash & Burn which are all nice too!

Some excellent compilation tracks.

Check out the 1st track on Dissolving Clouds. Eat Static - UFO Over Trenchtown ;)

Dissolving clouds was a good great compolation! Eat static tune was best though

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im here to discuss the so called flying saucer !

Big up to the EatStatics,one of my favourite acts ever as well.I think that all of you have to live the eatstatic experience !

They put up a great live perfomance and love their music evolvement throughout the years...

Waiting eagerly for the new shit :)

Geez... i see all this stuff about all their releases... noone mentioned the dionysiac release... easily a favourite realease.... d'n'b/goa... and even though lots hated it.... I loved critical mass.... it just had this funky vibe to it..... also, kalika was a neat one (can remember if it was a release or part of a compo)....

Geez... i see all this stuff about all their releases... noone mentioned the dionysiac release... easily a favourite realease.... d'n'b/goa... and even though lots hated it.... I loved critical mass.... it just had this funky vibe to it..... also, kalika was a neat one (can remember if it was a release or part of a compo)....

Dionysiac is a bomb track!! psychedelic drum and bass!! , i like too much the eat static´s remix of strangeitude of Ozric tentacles ....

Ocean Fire in "Arcana" Compilation is great too!

A new eat static´s track is comming in the new compilation "Bliminal" of interchill records:

www.interchill.com

• 2 weeks later...

Dionysiac is a bomb track!! psychedelic drum and bass!! , i like too much the eat static´s remix of strangeitude of Ozric tentacles ....

Ocean Fire in "Arcana" Compilation is great too!

A new eat static´s track is comming in the new compilation "Bliminal" of interchill records:

www.interchill.com

You can hear the sampler here too:

www.arabesque.co.uk

sounds like typical´s Aliens Eat Static sounds!

I agree totally.

Healium! Eat Static was formed in 1989 when they was part of Ozric Tentacles! Merv Pepler like a drumer and Joie Hinton like a keyboardist. they toured in parallel with the Ozric Tentacles for several years until 1994, when they left the band to pursue Eat Static full-time!!! :rolleyes:

Can you recommend an Eat Static album? I've only heard the track "UFO over Trenchtown" which I loved - so fresh and groovy sounding...

Are they the same as Ozric Tentacles then too? I have several of the Ozric albums....

Healium! Eat Static was formed in 1989 when they was part of Ozric Tentacles! Merv Pepler like a drumer and Joie Hinton like a keyboardist. they toured in parallel with the Ozric Tentacles for several years until 1994, when they left the band to pursue Eat Static full-time!!!

Merv collaborated with Ed Wyne in the last two ozric's albums ! :lol:

Yeah!

How did I miss this so far? I came back with the idea of opening a poll asking people for their favorite ES Album, Upbeat-track, Chillout-track, Dub-track, Breaks-track and so on...

And just to let you guys in on a little secret: last time I played in Amsterdam I played an old Eat Static dubby track... Nemo asked which one it was and when I answered Eat Static, he didn't believe me. Ha! He thought he knew it all, eh?

A good friend of mine is possibly the biggest fan of Eat Static out there and he got me infected too. Saw them live once and that was immediately the best live performance of any artist of electronic music I've seen. They rock ass. Seriously. Phenomenal music! :)

Gulf Breeze, Survivors, Abduction, UFO over Trenchtown, whichever. They're the only ones that can use alien samples too. They invented it, they are the whole idea of aliens in psychedelic music.

Even in chillout they're amongst my favorite artists... and I haven't even mentioned the Ozrics, Hi-Fi Companions, Dendron, Flexitones, Nodens Ictus. To me, everything they touch turns into gold. I've never heard better usage of samples, more original sounds, freakier atmospheres or emotional music out there.

I truly restecp these guys a lot (and thanks guys, I dug out my copy of B-World, which I have some ten years already and which I never really appreciated until recently.) :lol:

LET THEM EAT STATIC!! (isnt it from StarTrek: the Wrath of Khan?)

Yeah!

And just to let you guys in on a little secret: last time I played in Amsterdam I played an old Eat Static dubby track... Nemo asked which one it was and when I answered Eat Static, he didn't believe me. Ha! He thought he knew it all, eh?

LET THEM EAT STATIC!! (isnt it from StarTrek: the Wrath of Khan?)

Lugubrium dub ? or Which dubby track?

Yes the Eat Static's name come the Startrek!!

(INTERVIEW WITH MERV)

Why did you choose Eat Static name ? what does it means?

It came from Star Trek 2,we liked it 'cos it fits our music...crackly,buzzy,fizzing stuff that just gets hurtled at you to digest... :lol:

Eat Static for me is the most fantastic artist out there. I have absolutely loved all their work from a to z. No other artist has really done that for me. Their sounds, their structure, is for me the most intelligent, most screwed up, most insane that I have ever heard. If it is ONE artist that has inspired me ever, when it comes to PSY trance, then it is Eat Static.

I would give anything to spend one day (or more) with them, to find out what their secrets are... which synths do they use, where do they get their screwed up samples from? what are they eating in the studio to get such screwed up sounds?! Are they ALIENS?! I bet they fucking are! They are sent to us to show us about the outer realms of static!

So, all of you:

EAT STATIC!

Agreed!! You should come to cabbage, they`re always incredibly sociable there......nice blokes.. :rolleyes: