Shpongle more trancey than hallucinogen?

radi6404

I notice dthat the psychedelic shpongle tracks, there aren´t that much out there sound more like other psychedelic trance from the melodies as to hallucinogen. I am talking about tracks like "dorset perception, vapour of rumours, shpongleyes, monsterhit and some others. They have the hallucinogenic sound, yeah but they also remind me more of astral projection, some melodies are even close to astral, the psychedelic shpongletracks are ofcourse better than astral projection but they remind me of them. I even find them more psychedelic than hallucinogen, that doesn´t mean they are better, hallucinogen has other elements which are missing in shpongle but shpongle is a bit more psychedelic for me.

Posford is boring.

well I was bored when I saw Hallucinogen. And bored when he played a Shpongle dj set. And you, Radi, have never seen me live so how can you know Im boring?

Im not being rude, simply stating my opinion formed from experience.

:huh:

In what possible way do certain Shpongle tracks resemble Asstral Projection?

Explain!

"Samples or stfu!"  :P

655812[/snapback]

some melodies are pretty similar IMO, they give the same feelings than some astral projection tracks.

But how can one compare the 2?

656387[/snapback]

I'm asking myself the same question... I mean one is ambient and one is psy? Sure there are similarities since Simon has his own style but close to Astral Projection?! :huh:

Oh and btw, I'll delete all the off-topic comments in that thread, please behave people!

Shpongle and Hallucinogen both suck equally. Psytrance is SO last year... maybe try listening to some real music Radi. Might actually help turn you into a real person.

656453[/snapback]

Oh boy didn't see that coming. Colour me surprised :rolleyes:

I'm asking myself the same question... I mean one is ambient and one is psy? Sure there are similarities since Simon has his own style but close to Astral Projection?!  :huh:

Oh and btw, I'll delete all the off-topic comments in that thread, please behave people!

656408[/snapback]

i tdoesn´t matter if the one is ambient and the other one psytrance, i am talking about the melodies, i find some shpongle tracks very melodic, the ones i called there, hallucinogen is also melodic but in another way, shpongle altough ambient has typical psytrance melodies which are similar to astral projection IMO, i am talking about the shpongle tracks which are not worldmusic.

i tdoesn´t matter if the one is ambient and the other one psytrance, i am talking about the melodies, i find some shpongle tracks very melodic, the ones i called there, hallucinogen is also melodic but in another way, shpongle altough ambient has typical psytrance melodies which are similar to astral projection IMO, i am talking about the shpongle tracks which are not worldmusic.

656549[/snapback]

I don't hear that many simularities besides the fact both groups make melodic music. But maybe we both focus on different parts when listening to a track. For me personally the Shpongle tracks move me way more than AP but that's taste.

I don't hear that many simularities besides the fact both groups make melodic music. But maybe we both focus on different parts when listening to a track. For me personally the Shpongle tracks move me way more than AP but that's taste.

656557[/snapback]

Me, too, just listen to the melodic synthpart of dorset perception and compare it to some meldoci astral, make it also with vapour of rumours, you will hear there are some similarities.

656549[/snapback]

Don't you think Dorset Perception is world music? It's pretty Samba!

What's wrong with world music anyway?