Gappeq, debut album?

Trolsk

I hope that you have all noticed an artist called Gappeq. He's one of the most interesting new artists in our scene, he actually creates psychedelic music and he is very talented at it.

In the release information for the new Kethu compilation, Psychic Imprint, they mention that Gappeq's debut album will be released this winter!

Are there any rumours about it out there?

Btw, his new track on the above mentioned compilation is yet another great number. Too bad all Ketuh compilations follow the same formula: excellent opening track by Gappeq followed by generic fillers.

For harder psytrance, Gappeq is pretty cool. I really enjoyed his "Tower of Babel" track - one of my favorite opening/change of pace tracks when I'm playing psytrance. I'd definitely be interested to hear a full album from the guy.

Btw, his new track on the above mentioned compilation is yet another great number. Too bad all Ketuh compilations follow the same formula: excellent opening track by Gappeq followed by generic fillers.

652666[/snapback]

Aha... so I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I was so fortunate as to obtain a copy of his album when gappeq visited us a few weeks back for one of our parties.

He played an amazing live set, based on the album.

The style is harder than most of the stuff he released so far, sort of a blend between tech trance and dark psy at some parts. Aggressive, dark and techie stuff, layered with lots of psychedelic sounds.

Doesnt sound like everything else out there, and also, there is also a softer track "Lavondyss" which starts it off.

Something to look forward to :-)

- Krell

I was so fortunate as to obtain a copy of his album when gappeq visited us a few weeks  back for one of our parties.

He played an amazing live set, based on the album.

The style is harder than most of the stuff he released so far, sort of a blend between tech trance and dark psy at some parts. Aggressive, dark and techie stuff, layered with lots of psychedelic sounds.

Doesnt sound like everything else out there, and also, there is also a softer track "Lavondyss" which starts it off.

Something to look forward to :-)

- Krell

653469[/snapback]

Sounds cool! I'll look out for this one ;)

• 9 months later...

gappeq is playing live right now as we speak , ten kilometeres from where im sitting. cant believe i decided to watch mash instead of going for the party :blink:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=5288788682

"He will be playing his live set from his debut album due out on wirikuta records this october." :(

gappeq is playing live right now as we speak , ten kilometeres from where im sitting. cant believe i decided to watch mash instead of going for the party :blink:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=5288788682

"He will be playing his live set from his debut album due out on wirikuta records this october." :(

if you think he is playing now then you missed it twice!!! :lol:

he played yesterday. i know it - i was there :posford:

http://forum.isratrance.com/india-28-9-gap...ison-australia/

if you think he is playing now then you missed it twice!!! :lol:

he played yesterday. i know it - i was there :posford:

http://forum.isratrance.com/india-28-9-gap...ison-australia/

mustve been yday then ,, altho the invite on facebook says 28th - 30th sept

look hu started the thread on isratrance!!! :lol::ph34r:

• 2 months later...

So now it's out finally, got it yesterday and let me tell you it's a BEAST. Dark driving psytrance with a heavy industrial touch and deep menacing atmospheres, definitely the surprise of the year for me, I didn't expect it to be that good. Crank the volume up :posford:

So now it's out finally, got it yesterday and let me tell you it's a BEAST. Dark driving psytrance with a heavy industrial touch and deep menacing atmospheres, definitely the surprise of the year for me, I didn't expect it to be that good. Crank the volume up :posford:

Indeed, it's out!

And it's dark. And good.

I was browsing Wirikuta and had my finger on the order button ... but in the end I didn't take it.

Money and the too intense sound were the two issues.

The sound is really intense. It's good, but I'm afraid I'll only rarely listen to it, just like with the Filteria album I own. It's really good stuff, but not made for home listening.

If Gappeq comes here though then I'm the first one that buys a ticket. Definitely have to see this guy!

And maybe I'll even take the album as well, depends on my christmas money, will see if it's enough for another Wirikuta order...

Intense it is indeed, and fierce. One hell of a heavy and relentless ride, I’d even go as far as calling it the album of the year, for me that is. No problem with homelistening here on my side, I do it ever since I got it, barely touched the rest of the CDs I got. :)

Though I have a very hard time, after listening to it, returning to make my own music, all of a sudden everything I try to make sounds like a bucket full of stirred crap and a total waste of time. :lol:

Intense it is indeed, and fierce. One hell of a heavy and relentless ride, I’d even go as far as calling it the album of the year, for me that is. No problem with homelistening here on my side, I do it ever since I got it, barely touched the rest of the CDs I got. :)

Though I have a very hard time, after listening to it, returning to make my own music, all of a sudden everything I try to make sounds like a bucket full of stirred crap and a total waste of time. :lol:

now that I got my order I wish I had taken it :lol: