old vs new Koxbox

visine

Just listened to teir first Forever After album after a long time.

All I can say is WOW..yes after all this time this is still incredible stuff. New U-turn CD is much cleaner production wise, but musically speaking nowhere near Forever After. I've always adored Dragon Tales and Headlines EP which I think is their peak, but Forever After is a bona fide all time classic every Trance lover should have in his/her collection.

You should listen to U-Turn and hear how much work they put in on the buildups and everything, I think much more work than on their debut album.

639781[/snapback]

you got to be kiddin' :) Listen to any track on Headlines EP...there is like a million unique buildups in every track. They have a spiral like structure totally unpredictable....and they said it themselves, cycles are boring. spirals are fun :)

I think dragon tales is their best album, havn´t listened to the new album though, how is it, is it fullonish or oldschoolish? If it is oldschoolish i will give it a try, the stuff they produced has always had some magic, it gives me a quite impressive feeling which i can´t describe easily.

Forever After, of course... it was one of the very first trance CDs I ever purchased, and it suits a much wider contextual spectrum... just this summer I let it play out on an unreasonably loud system in the middle of the woods at a remote cabin in Northern Ontario in the heart of the night... sat back in the cedar-lined hot tub and gazed at the stars... imagine that, if you will. U-Turn would never achieve the same effect. It is designed with a specialized purpose in mind... but I do not spend very much time on the dance floor... hence U-Turn will not receive nearly as much play as the classic Forever After.

Forever After, of course... it was one of the very first trance CDs I ever purchased, and it suits a much wider contextual spectrum... just this summer I let it play out on an unreasonably loud system in the middle of the woods at a remote cabin in Northern Ontario in the heart of the night... sat back in the cedar-lined hot tub and gazed at the stars... imagine that, if you will. U-Turn would never achieve the same effect. It is designed with a specialized purpose in mind... but I do not spend very much time on the dance floor... hence U-Turn will not receive nearly as much play as the classic Forever After.

639853[/snapback]

what a system, i am itnerested in very loud systems

Old Koxbox was great

new Koxbox ... mmmmmmmh ... I dunno too much of it to be honest, but mmmmmh ... on the first listen it's not as good as the older stuff.

639853[/snapback]

yep, loks like he's also agreeing that cycles are boring and spirals are fun :)

639853[/snapback]

yep, loks like he's also agreeing that cycles are boring and spirals are fun :)

My favorite is The Great Unknown. The previous albums were interesting but a bit too random for me. I prefer the structures of TGU. The Saikopod album was nice as well and the last is a dancefloor killlar. For better and worse.

639951[/snapback]

Is it really a dancefloor killargh, did koxbox jump also in the fullon bandwagon, in the rooling bassline bandwagon, unbelieavable

Is it really a dancefloor killargh, did koxbox jump also in the fullon bandwagon, in the rooling bassline bandwagon, unbelieavable

639993[/snapback]

Some of the new album is indeed quite fullon but I would not say that Koxbox has jumped on the fullon bandwagon because the full on tracks on U-Turn are really quite good. I liked them more than the more proggy tracks.

My favourite album is dragon tales followed by U-Turn :ph34r:

Some of the new album is indeed quite fullon but I would not say that Koxbox has jumped on the fullon bandwagon because the full on tracks on U-Turn are really quite good. I liked them more than the more proggy tracks.

My favourite album is dragon tales followed by U-Turn  :ph34r:

640064[/snapback]

I didn't even hear any proggy tracks :S just technoid ones... I liked them..

Guest Cosmogenesis

Can't compare "Forever After" with the new koxbox stuff. The feeling isn't definitely the same... Sometimes, I doubt that their newest productions, as the last "U-Turn" album, contain some feelings inside...