Rate the latest show/concert you've seen!

Snapinho

So! I wanted to do this thread for a long time already and here it finally is!

I've always been going to gigs, shows, concerts whatever. Be it hiphop, reggae, dub-nights, electronic stuff, I've been there and done that. And I still can't get enough of it, whenever there's something in town that's supposed to be good, I go. It does help that I used to work at a cultural centre where a lot of shows happen. A lot of classical stuff with boring people, but also the likes of Eek-a-Mouse, Cypress Hill and even my hero KRS One! :D

Ok, here goes. Last night Amon Tobin came to town! The place was sold out pretty soon but luckily I had bought tickets before. He did a show of some hour and a half, not really live at all and according to NT he played only one of his own songs. The tempo-changes were really great, I love how he does that, going from triphop to breaks to dubby to drum 'n bass. And he really knows how to get the crowd moving: good show! Towards the end it was mostly drum 'n bass and less jazzyy/groovy... which kinda was a pity but on the other hand it was very danceable. Good show, not excellent but I'm happy I saw him and very 7 euros it was a bargain. Even the beer got cheaper, €1,25! :)

Alrighty, let me hear what you guys saw and heard!

That sounds nice Snap and 7 euroes thats really cheap at least compared to prizes here in Copenhagen (where I live)... I would like to see Amon in action too :o;)

I have'nt been to many concerts the last few months but three months ago I went to see Max Romeo with a twelve piece Jamaican band, that was really good! There are just something about these old guys, they have been playing music there whole life and u can just feel the love to music, its fantastic! And he played all his old classics so not an eye was dry ;)

But the best experience was around three maybe four years ago on Christiania (back when it was still fun) where Dub Syndicate played, it was so good! Not a lot of people came, which really puzzled me, but never the less it was perfect, because it was such a intimate concert! We were just blazing joint and after joint and everybody smiled like there was no worris in the world! And they are so fucking talented, sure my favorite dub dudes together with Mad Professor so having a almost private concert with them was a divine experince! :wub:

ED: so if anybody gets the chance (and like dub) and u havent seen these guys do it for gods sake! ;)

Last concert I've been to was Skin, former lead singer of Skunk Anansie. The show was awesome, she played her own stuff but also some Skunk Anansie songs. She was jumping around on the stage, interacting with the people in the audience and having a good time in general. We were right in front of the stage and even when there were a lot of people, you had your space to stay. It was incredible to watch the whole show from such a short distance and feeling Skin's energy. Besides that she's a real cutie... ;)

i think this was the last actual 'concert' i've been to

atmosphere was great, but damian is an idiot. Unbelieveble prick

after an hour, he just ran off the stage because he didn't feel like it anymore, even his crew was like.. erruh... wtf? should we keep on playing, is he joking..?damian marley

Last one was "Sounds like Suomi"

3 artists:

Jimi Tenor, Them Shepherds & Helsinki Ghetto Bass Control

Read more about 'em here:

http://www.soundslikesuomi.com/

Second round of Sounds Like Suomi - finnish electronic music adventures to the orient, is about to start. Take off will happen at Virgin Oil Co 30th of Sept..

Before that

Six Degrees Records night with Zero Drama.. Finnish/Peruvian world/folk music :)

Oh and both nights were fucking awesome.. thou @ the 6 degrees one I was 2 st0000ned :)

The last concert I have been to was a festival: 4 bands for 4 Euro. Sounds nice (you pay 1 Euro per band -> cheap), but it was ... well ... for nothing. I didn't like it. Ended up squatted in a dark corner of the hall with the mates and drinking the beer we had smuggled in. Only the last band was a bit better: Ska. Still not that good stuff (have seen a lot better ska), but everybody fas so fed up with all the shit that the bands have been before so they gave it themselves like it was a super mega star on stage - mosh pits and all the like ... haha :D

But the best experience was around three maybe four years ago on Christiania (back when it was still fun) where Dub Syndicate played, it was so good! Not a lot of people came, which really puzzled me, but never the less it was perfect, because it was such a intimate concert! We were just blazing joint and after joint and everybody smiled like there was no worris in the world! And they are so fucking talented, sure my favorite dub dudes together with Mad Professor so having a almost private concert with them was a divine experince! :wub:

ED: so if anybody gets the chance (and like dub) and u havent seen these guys do it for gods sake! ;)

615222[/snapback]

yay, I can totally second that in every aspect you just mentioned. Including the very very stoned bit. Afterwards I really wanted to buy a record but as I was thinking about whether they had plastic bags for the vinyl (I was worried because it was raining outside) it took me forever cause I couldnt make up my mind... So I ended up sitting in a chair, 5 metres away from the store, just looking at them packing up their stuff, leaving and thinking: fuck I really should buy a record now... Needless to say: they left and I didn't have a record.

But! The show was very good indeed, wonderful musicians, extremely relaxed atmosphere. Go see them indeed, people! :)

yesterday evening, there was Placebo playing in town. but it's too emotional music for me at the moment, so i sold my ticket and went to some jazz concert of a relative of mine. twas cool :) i went there with my papapa, and we first killed a bottle of wine before i teached him to appreciate Guinness :) the music was great though not very special, got all the classic-jazz pieces from Lee Morgan, Miles Davis etc etc. especially the alto-saxophonist was great, a young bloke who has already played at montreux in the past. in the end i even took a seat behind the drumkit myself, but i surrendered soon after the first bottle came flying towards my head :D

traveller, that sounds really interesting. love the Tenor dude.

A local rock band (famous here) called "Cargo". It was in a club, we hung out at the bar, with the rockers from the ol'times.

It was allright.

I'd like to see Dj Tiesto next week, but it's in Bucharest (300km away) and it friday evening. Not enough time.

Last weekend there was Paul Van Dyk in Bucharest, it was a big success. Tiesto was also a big success last time he came here (few weeks ago). Shows are hosted in a big hall, like basketball big arena or so.

A local rock band (famous here) called "Cargo". It was in a club, we hung out at the bar, with the rockers from the ol'times.

It was allright.

I'd like to see Dj Tiesto next week, but it's in Bucharest (300km away) and it friday evening. Not enough time.

Last weekend there was Paul Van Dyk in Bucharest, it was a big success. Tiesto was also a big success last time he came here (few weeks ago). Shows are hosted in a big hall, like basketball big arena or so.

615805[/snapback]

You mean success because of the number of people that attended or they played well? I can believe that about Van Dyk maybe.

My last concert was in Norway. A norwegian blackmetal band called Satyricon, and it was crazy.

I listened to this kind of music when I was younger, don`t listen to it nowadays, but it still kicks ass live!

Here are the crazy fuckers.. http://www.satyricon.no/gallery/galleryshow.asp?galleryID=25

It would be cool with some neon on those spikes right? :P

My last real concert I saw was Sisters of Mercy last year.

I wanted to see them for about 10 years now, so I finally coughed up the 35€.

Knowing their doubtfull live-rep I wasn't 100% sure about it, but it was fucking G.R.E.A.T.

Funny atmosphere with all these old Gothic/New Wave ppl, some even approaching 50, getting lost in the music.

I'd like to do more concerts but it's always so fucking expensive & they always end so early, that I zend up going somewhere else afterwards & spending a sh*t-load of cash.

Last gig I skipped on finacial reasons was Pearl Jam, 2 months ago, still kicking myself for that one :(

Last week, Pearl Jam - At Athens indoor olympic stadium.

Very nice concert, they played almost all of their first record "TEN" (which is also their best one) and most of their biggest hits. The acoustic part was the better one, some very dreamy rock music! Since its their first time in Greece the crowd was very anxious, they are quite popular anyway

The bad part of the concert was the weak sound system, very poor stage and lack of intoxicants (no beer and my m8s were afraid to roll joints). 50 euro ticket price and it was only 2:30 hours (even if it was 5 it wouldn't be enough).

The latest one now has been Disastrous Murmur. Yesterday!

It was a really cool show I must say ... I actually liked their stuff very much for me actually not being into this type of Death Metal/Grindcore music! The stuff was so trashy and had groove, it really got me going. And the grunting was just fun. Seriously positive surprise for me! And the best thing is that the show was for free because it was their new album release party! In the basement of some metal bar here in Vienna ... they really rocked ... even the sound was very okay because of good equipment (that's very unusual for free shows, you know, normally you only get deaf 'n' drunk) ... and it was a very cosy and close atmosphere, just like real underground. Liked it very much! And I also got pretty drunk. Have had a bad hangover today :P

Hell yeah!

Went to a hiphop show last night, by what now seems to be Hollands most favorite crew. Despite the fact that they're really not commercial, i.e. they never appear in whatever show on dutch television, they are huge! This was further illustrated by the fact that they almost filled the bigger room of the two in the venue where I used to work... A lot of people and a great show! It has been a while since I stood in the middle of the pit during most of the concert, but this was the time. Nice! :) Great vibe and great show, hiphop was my first love and although I've seen these guys numerous times already, they have never disappointed me. For who cares, I'm talking about 'Opgezwolle'...

Harhar ... I gotta do it again:

Last concert: KORPIKLAANI! Yesterday.

Finnish Humppa Folk Metal!

It was so damn awesome ... the support acts were a bit tough to endure since there is no support act that plays this style in an even remotely similar way, so everybody was standing around bored - until it was time for KORPIKLLANI!

LOL, people were moshing already even before the music started to play :D

It was so great. Undescribable. Insane. You can compare the grade of insanity with psy, but not the type. It's a different one. A folkish finnish humppa madness! Moshing, jumping, screaming, drinking, sweating. I was sweating like a madman. It was incredible. I was so dead. But it was so great. I probably got double the amount of endorphines I normally get while just dancing around. Insane. So great. Drank two litres of water later that evening, so died out was I. Killargh!

Of course my mate and me later waited for the band almost an hour to get our posters signed ... but we got it in the end :)

Today everything hurts - arms, legs, my spine ... I got kicks and elbow checks into every part of the body. And my head feels really heavy and hurts like a bitch. But it was great fun, I'd never wanted to miss that! Best non-psy gig 2006, definitely. Nothing can top Korpiklaani B)

I see a lot of local metal shows because my friend is in a metal band. So the last one I saw was Grieving Sun, Timeline, Relent for No One, Dark Cloud Nine, Apocalypse Head and one other at Rock & Roll Pizza in Portland, OR, USA. Grieving Sun and Apocalypse Head are good, the others were okay, decent enough but kind of unoriginal metal/death metal. We didn't stick around for the last band, whatever their name was.