The best goa nowadays is free.

Cinos

I often have to let music grow on me & when I don't pay for something I don't give it the time, because it doesn't seem like I have to. That's why I prefer CDs, I'm more likely to come back to something & give it another chance!

I often have to let music grow on me & when I don't pay for something I don't give it the time, because it doesn't seem like I have to. That's why I prefer CDs, I'm more likely to come back to something & give it another chance!

603934[/snapback]

Totally Agree! Even for the Cds that I got for free or my father's vincyl collection. Because I didn't pay for it I rarely go over it because it was free!

why don't you upload it since it's free/unreleased?

couldn't find it did a brief search on psynews..

btw also check VA - Trip To Dreamland (2006) [free compilation, Music Making section]he has a track there.. many nice tracks in fact

602473[/snapback]

believe me there's nothing I'd enjoy more than sharing freely the tracks I like most... but I'd still need the artist's consent before doing so. Maybe in the meantime he plans on releasing it on a comp and wouldn't be too happy to see some dude called Lemmiwinks freely distributing his track...?

believe me there's nothing I'd enjoy more than sharing freely the tracks I like most... but I'd still need the artist's consent before doing so. Maybe in the meantime he plans on releasing it on a comp and wouldn't be too happy to see some dude called Lemmiwinks freely distributing his track...?

605475[/snapback]

but wasn't he the one that freely distributed it in the first place?

of the above i think only AVP have got 2 albums released... Goddess Guerilla and Electro Fluoro Punx..

I have 2 promo albums from Troll Scientists.. nice music, not exactly goa maybe some goa elements now and then.

What say you? Both Elektro Fluoro Punx and Goddess Guerrilla are available as factorymade CDR but that does not count as a release IMO :P

Hmm I guess I am one of those free music guys, and certainly for my own part I can say that I couldn't care less for "being discovered", I just want people to enjoy my music.

Also I couldn't care less for some small underground release since that way I would probably only lose listeners in regard to that individual release. The new album was downloaded way over 1000 times in under one week when it was released, I wonder how long it would have taken to sell as many albums?

The only kind of release I would be interested in would be one involving crazy amounts of money with complete artistic freedom. Since I have everything I want & need already :)

So small amounts of money would not change anything... The limit would be enough to buy my own pience of land in some remote place and fuck all this urban shit :P

So how is it, I wonder what psy label would pay me X0,000€ for a release %-) Come on, you can have unlimited publishing rights, you can have me make full-on, whatever, I'm for sale ;)

• 1 month later...

hehe you have a point here... after all, the first trance releases were also by artists who didn't give a fuck on how much money they made, right? And yes, I've stumbled on quite some gems as well... the one I remember best was a certain Khetzal who was promoting his track Ganesha Pramana on this site hehe (talking about this around 2001 that's like 4 years before being officially released... actually if I remeber corectly at that time he wrote his name Qetzal?)

also one of THEEEE best goa tracks IMO happens to be free: Artha - DNA... if you can still grab a hold of it, please do, it's one of my all-time top 10 tracks!!! Still can't understand how this guy never released anything oficially yet... maybe if someone from Suntrip sent him an email... *wink wink*  B)

602375[/snapback]

Yes for sure, I was promoting my track (my artist name was Quetzal, he he !), because I was really absolutely unknown in 2001, and right now I don't really think there's so much people around trance scene knowing my name... I would add my point : I think in my own situation, I would see no problem for releasing tracks for free, because the important thing is music itself we can give to people and the feedback they give to us. But of course right now I don't work for free, that's the way things have to be. But I think the most sad thing happening is artists working too much with copy-and-paste and getting too much for their tracks... That's my point of view of course. Everybody have to make choices...

also one of THEEEE best goa tracks IMO happens to be free: Artha - DNA... if you can still grab a hold of it, please do, it's one of my all-time top 10 tracks!!! Still can't understand how this guy never released anything oficially yet... maybe if someone from Suntrip sent him an email... *wink wink*  B)

602375[/snapback]

right about that man's music, love his DNA song also very very much... also told him to send something to Suntrip too some time ago :D

603934[/snapback]

x2

but anyway's there is indeed so much awesome free (psy)music to discover on the net wich i can only encourage...

why don't you upload it since it's free/unreleased?

couldn't find it did a brief search on psynews..

btw also check VA - Trip To Dreamland (2006) [free compilation, Music Making section]he has a track there.. many nice tracks in fact

602473[/snapback]

Where can I get that Artha - DNA track? :)

625300[/snapback]

ok, I admit I was kindof hoping that the author himself would show up after reading my post but no such luck :( so I decided I'd upload some samples myself (less than 2:30 minutes so it all remains nice and legal ;)

2 of my all-time fave goa tracks by Artha:

Artha - DNA (sample)

Artha - Astral Body (sample)

and while we're at it, here is one of my all-time fave midtempo goa tracks (reminds me a lot of old midtempo Astral Projection:

Isorion - Arabic Warrior (sample)

now will any label manager please contact these artists and release their stuff?????

Any chance to get the full version?

626302[/snapback]

well I don't know the artists personally, this is only the result of strolling through various "check out my tracks" posts a few years ago, and I found these tracks so good I kept them on my hard drive for all this time... guess only the artists themselves can answer your question (but who knows what they have become after all this time?)

i have all Artha and Andromeda traxx. my friend Martin is takin care of Artha he will be in Metapsychic Rec hopefully. love Artha´s music totally twisted.

By speaking of free goa to who´s intersted on professional goa , next week we will release "Pyramidal Trancendence" a totally new skool goa compilation and for free , check the artist and label announcements for any details on line up etc.

Keep up the good vibes.

i have all Artha and Andromeda traxx. my friend Martin is takin care of Artha he will be in Metapsychic Rec hopefully. love Artha´s music totally twisted.

626373[/snapback]

ahhhhh nice to see there's still some hope left... now anyone know anything about Isorion? ;)

well I don't know the artists personally, this is only the result of strolling through various "check out my tracks" posts a few years ago, and I found these tracks so good I kept them on my hard drive for all this time... guess only the artists themselves can answer your question (but who knows what they have become after all this time?)

626307[/snapback]

now since when there is time limit for tracks being free and then becoming illegal to share them :huh: ?

this used to be his homepage i think...

not available anymore though...

I know it's some guy from poland and that he already has officially released one track on V/A 'Theory Of Madness' from polish label Dark Life Records...

now since when there is time limit for tracks being free and then becoming illegal to share them :huh: ?

626382[/snapback]

humm well if you go down that road, ALL early material by any artist should be spread around for free because at one moment or other they distributed it for free as promos (be it directly to listeners or to music labels and DJs and stuff...)

anyway, my main problem isn't whether there's a time limit but more like if the author himself agrees. Distributing your own work for free is one thing and stumbling on the net on some dude you've never met distributing your own stuff without your consent is quite a different matter.