The most wanted CD

vlnik

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the most wanted cd the cd because you want the tracks themselves or you want the actual album for your collection?

The albums I want because I WANT them for my collection are.

DIMENSION 5 - TRANSDIMENSIONAL

BLUE PLANET CORPORATION - BLUE PLANET

ETNICA - JUGGLELING ALCHEMIST

HUX FLUX - CRYPTIC CRUNCH

SEMSIS - LETTING GO

V.A. ACCIDENTAL OCCIDENTALISM (1995) (Symbiosis Records)

Why? Because it has the first three Pleiadians tracks ever, and thus far, having that they are my all time favorite project, I've collected everything they released up to the year 2000. Oh yeah yeah, I did buy the 7Even Sister7 album as well... I have the above outlined release on MP3 in 256kbps, but that's not the real thing... And I can't find this gem anywhere :( . Ah, the Pleiadians really got me hooked like nothing ever did...

I also have all the Etnica releases up to the year of 2000, except for their, from my part heavily sought after "The EP" from 1994, released on the indipendent italian Brainstorm Records.

And no, I would never sell anything I own by these dudes, no matter the price. Who would?

And no, I would never sell anything I own by these dudes, no matter the price. Who would?

Exactly ! And you shouldn't... by any means... they are that kind of group that you carry with you in your grave. ;):D

GBP 400.00

(Approximately AU $1,014.91)

HOLY SHIT. Well at least he has positive ratings. :D

the Dimension 5 and other rare stuff can easy be found free on some p2p if u can live with it's mp3.

i know it is not the real thing. but hey, who want to pay so much for some OOOOld trance when u can get it for free. :rolleyes:

True. When a quality, rare album (as Dimension 5 is to me) is available I'm willing to spend a little more on it. But actually hearing the songs finally in solid quality is very comfortable. The allure of that cool looking rare album case wears off because you've experienced the prize inside it. There's often little to hardly a thought put into these inside flips anyway but, save for "special thanks" I suppose which is their thing, not for me. I generally like when artists add ideas behind the track or themselves in their inside album booklets. For some reason goa/psy albums would seem to have lots of insightful tidbits but the least is written. Anyway, I'm on a tangent.

Having said I'd be content with the music is not to say that if a great album became available at a later time for a good price I wouldn't consider buying it. The music is worth owning even if the artists unfortunately doesn't get compensation for used cds on amazon, ebay, etc. Sometimes it's just nice to own that gem that many people desire.

Has anyone even heard DIMENSION 5 - TRANSDIMENSIONAL?? How is it, honestly? I own SECOND FAZE by them, the follow-up I believe and it's good with several great tracks. It's nothing spectacular but that juicy melodic goatrance vibe and sound has become more attractive to me over the years because it stopped being produced before Suntrip. And regardless, no one can recreate old-skool 100% even if it maintains the spirit.

GBP 400.00

(Approximately AU $1,014.91)

Has anyone even heard DIMENSION 5 - TRANSDIMENSIONAL?? How is it, honestly?

I'll be honest here, I've heard it in MP3 format, and it is truly a great album, in my opinion. Melodic old school goa trance at almost its finest. But I practically gave up on looking for my copy, as it seems to be impossible to find. All the praises it gets, they are justified. I would have already written a review of it just if I had a copy. But it will get on my list of most wanted CDs only after I get the above mentioned one, which is my top of top priority for the last couple of years ;)

I'll be honest here, I've heard it in MP3 format, and it is truly a great album, in my opinion. Melodic old school goa trance at almost its finest. But I practically gave up on looking for my copy, as it seems to be impossible to find. All the praises it gets, they are justified. I would have already written a review of it just if I had a copy. But it will get on my list of most wanted CDs only after I get the above mentioned one, which is my top of top priority for the last couple of years ;)

I've been curious... why all this talk on the first. I mean, is this debut by Dimension 5 better than the follow up titled, Second Faze?? Honestly.

I had no problem finding Second Faze NEW for a reasonable price back in 2002 on psyshop. Why won't the label or distributer re-release this to psyshop, saikosounds, etc?? Obviously there's some demand for such great old-skool releases. Maybe someone should drop the label an e-mail? :unsure::)

They've (labels) re-issued TOTAL ECLIPSE - VIOLENT RELAXATION, JAIA - BLUE ENERGY ... and several other classics over the years. Someone could be making out pretty well if they sold this thing for a reasonable price to all those who want it.

I've been curious... why all this talk on the first. I mean, is this debut by Dimension 5 better than the follow up titled, Second Faze?? Honestly.

Yes. As a mattater of fact it's one of the greatest melodic Goa Trance albums ever. A true classic.

I had no problem finding Second Faze NEW for a reasonable price back in 2002 on psyshop. Why won't the label or distributer re-release this to psyshop, saikosounds, etc?? Obviously there's some demand for such great old-skool releases. Maybe someone should drop the label an e-mail? :unsure::)

The label does not exist any more.

They've (labels) re-issued TOTAL ECLIPSE - VIOLENT RELAXATION, JAIA - BLUE ENERGY ... and several other classics over the years. Someone could be making out pretty well if they sold this thing for a reasonable price to all those who want it.

Maybe a label like Avatar could re-release it, but this is obviously easier said than done. You'd need to find all the members of the no longer active band who own the copyright and have their permission to do it, nagotiate the contract....who knows maybe they moved on to producing some completely different stuff and don't want to have their old album re-released..There are many issues and problems that may arise even if some other label like Avatar is interested in re-releasing it.

pretty well if they sold this thing for a reasonable price to all those who want it.

visine said it. Melodic goa trance at its finest.

As for the re-releasing, there can be a little milion of problems... Who would know? Damn, for example, I would also love to put my hands on a copy of the Ominus self titled album from 1997... But I can't finf it anywhere. Maybe the original recordings or DATs went lost over the years... Maybe the members of Dimension 5 don't want to settle for the amount of money that they have been offered to sell the rights to another label to release their album? Or maybe they simply don't care any longer about their album being released again...

my top 2 wants are also Transdimensional and Pleiadians - IFO.

I remember 2 years back, Transdimensional album on vinyl was selling on ebay by one of the members. My friend sent him a message and thats how she found out. he offered to sign it for us if we won the auction. ofcoarse we didn't ;p

Dimension 5 EASILY is the most melodic goa around. take Harmonic Convergeance for example.

Masa - Inside is an album i always wanted to hear. old Japanese goa.

I can only agree about Transdimensional: it's one of the best goa albums ever. For me it's on the same level as the Hallucinogen stuff and easily better (and I like Pleiadians, just to make that sure!) IFO or Alien Protein.

Btw. does anybody know for how much the Transdimensional vinyl would sell on ebay? I know the CD is very expensive all the times but I haven't heard much talk about the vinyl edition.

i think you should look at the amount of people who own the cd comparing to the number of people who want the cd...

for example:

http://www.discogs.com/release/3719

64 own <=> 60 want

Not quite, but I have this: http://www.discogs.com/release/165392

Because there are not many copies available and it's good!

Wow... thanks for your unique expertise!

But furthermore, no special story behind it? Like, God himself has hand-numbered the copies or something?

Not quite, but I have this: http://www.discogs.com/release/165392

Wow... thanks for your unique expertise!

But furthermore, no special story behind it? Like, God himself has hand-numbered the copies or something?

You're welcome ;)

Seriously mate. There is never a special story behind it! I know you would like it to have been recorded while topless virgin tibetan monkesses massaged the producer in such a special way that he transcended to the astral plane.

Unfortunately the story is

It's good & it's rare!

You're welcome ;)

Seriously mate. There is never a special story behind it! I know you would like it to have been recorded while topless virgin tibetan monkesses massaged the producer in such a special way that he transcended to the astral plane.

Unfortunately the story is

It's good & it's rare!

Mkay, in that case I'll be checking the mp3 version of it (if I can find it).

But for instance, SP23 / Spiral Tribe's original records are worth more then ever today, and that's because they were the first who started the 'free' scene and toured with their sound system all around UK (and later EU).

Also, I think that Green Nuns of the Revoultion CD's are rare, especially the RBM or the Green Nunions EP?

But for instance, SP23 / Spiral Tribe's original records are worth more then ever today, and that's because they were the first who started the 'free' scene and toured with their sound system all around UK (and later EU).

Also, I think that Green Nuns of the Revoultion CD's are rare, especially the RBM or the Green Nunions EP?

no not quite i have seen rbm about a dozen times this year already for sale

do you really think that they are harder to come by than d5

i was offered 300 euro tonight for my transdimentional disc.

no way green nuns of space tribe would get anywhere near that

Really? Cool! I have the Green Nunions EP & 2 copies of Rock Bitch Mafia :)

no not quite i have seen rbm about a dozen times this year already for sale

do you really think that they are harder to come by than d5

i was offered 300 euro tonight for my transdimentional disc.

no way green nuns of space tribe would get anywhere near that

Nope, didn't say that I thought that :)

I hope that I can get gnotr anywhere, I've heard they started those 16th note basslines right?

Really? Cool! I have the Green Nunions EP & 2 copies of Rock Bitch Mafia :)

With rare I mean in The Netherlands, where you have to go for a holy grail search adventure to find stuff like Skazi etc.

Didn't see them on eBay and the one on discogs was 30 bucks so that's why I thought :)

But then again, everythings is rare here so :P