Modern Classics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren´t any albums in the last 3 years that will become classic

559278[/snapback]

How do you know. Have you heard every album made in the last 3 years?

these are my modern classics,the last three years these are the cd's i like a lot,forgive me but i think these are the most unique albums from the psychedelic era (between 2003 & 2006).I can HARDLY think another album thats fits in that list and yes my total beliefs said that those tunes are already classix..

Flying Scorpions - Lipoptena Cervi

Ott - Blumenkraft

Xenomorph - Qlippoth

Downhill - Silent City

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

X-Dream - We Interface

Texas Faggott – Pilluminati Cunt Roll

Midimiliz - Non Standards

DeraNgo - Tumult

& last but not least,the cultiest modern classic of all...

Ka-Sol - Fairytale

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams..

Guest Rezwalker

these are my modern classics,the last three years these are the cd's i like a lot,forgive me but i think these are the most unique albums from the psychedelic era (between 2003 & 2006).I can HARDLY think another album thats fits in that list and yes my total beliefs said that those tunes are already classix..

Flying Scorpions - Lipoptena Cervi

Ott - Blumenkraft

Xenomorph - Qlippoth

Downhill - Silent City

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

X-Dream - We Interface

Texas Faggott – Pilluminati Cunt Roll

Midimiliz - Non Standards

DeraNgo - Tumult

& last but not least,the cultiest modern classic of all...

Ka-Sol - Fairytale

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams..

559706[/snapback]

"psychedelic era" those albums? :blink: u think Qlippoth is psychedelic??

derango is psychedelic? :blink: not even midi miliz...NOT even x-dream "we interface" its techno. i think u are confused with the styles...

imo crappy forest style has nothing to do with the psychedelic scene ;)

"psychedelic era" those albums?  :blink:  u think Qlippoth is psychedelic??

derango is psychedelic?  :blink: not even midi miliz...NOT even x-dream "we interface" its techno. i think u are confused with the styles...

1.psychedelia is a state of mind so i think that "psychedelic era" not neccesary means the typical psy-trance u might like,but i can clearly understand your question..

2.i found Qlippoth HIGHLY psychedelic

3.yup Derango is the real definition of modern psychedelic trance @ our days,of course you can hear still hear Filteria,Lost Buddha,nu MFG& Lani..

4.yup i agree x-dreams interface album is mostly electro/techno,but if u clearly hear it u can "travel" with the industrial techno sounds of machines & real cyperpunk and sci-fi atmospheres..

5.i think you might be more confused now,BUT as d-dave quotes "We do care for psychedelic and weird sounds. Strongly."

imo crappy forest style has nothing to do with the psychedelic scene ;)

559710[/snapback]

:blink::blink::blink:

:blink:  u think Qlippoth is psychedelic??

derango is psychedelic? 

559710[/snapback]

And who are you to say whats psychedelic or not?

Keep this opinion for yourself as the word psychedelic describes something too personal to be judged.

Guest Rezwalker

And who are you to say whats psychedelic or not?

Keep this opinion for yourself as the word psychedelic describes something too personal to be judged.

559718[/snapback]

i didn't say im the most experienced trancer...but i hear trance music over 10 years..and yes i know very well what is psychedelic trance ..i still believe these names has nothing to do with art of music (except x-dream of course, Juno reactor (older) and some xenomorph old stuff too)..its easy made and no needs a speciall music knowledge..u can enjoy this style as u want...but plz don't try to convince me about the

"special psychedelic(!)" forest scene :lol:

p.s Hallucinogen, Juno reactor, Transwave, astral projection, MFG, chi-a.d. ets etc and many others ARTISTS are ready to give up

Forest is coming! :lol:

as for the "judgement" comment.. i saw u many times ( u and yr best friend agia igoumeni) in various threads about goa (for example : Music Promotion area-Lost buddha) and all yr comments was negative (at least) :)

I asked for albums from the last 2,3 years, not from the previous milennium.

558842[/snapback]

The Misted Muppet: From the legend and Electric Universe: Cosmic Experience are the 2 best albums of this millenium ;)

Ott - Blumenkraft [2003]

Vibrasphere - Lime Structure [2003]

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden [2003]

Younger Brother - A Flock of Bleeps [2003]

Talpa - The Art of Being Non [2004]

The Misted Muppet - From the Legend [2004]

Aes Dana - Memory Shell [2004]

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts.. but Nothing is Lost [2005]

Ghreg on Earth - Sigilweaver [2005]

Antix - Twin Coast Discovery [2005]

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission to Sedna [2006]

I don't think they all will be classics for many people ... but some of those albums will probably be classics for some people.

i didn't say im the most experienced trancer...but i hear trance music over 10 years..and yes i know very well what is psychedelic trance ..i still believe these names has nothing to do with art of music (except x-dream of course, Juno reactor (older) and some xenomorph old stuff too)..its easy made and no needs a speciall music knowledge..u can enjoy this style as u want...but plz don't try to convince me about the

"special psychedelic(!)" forest scene  :lol:

p.s Hallucinogen, Juno reactor, Transwave, astral projection, MFG, chi-a.d. ets etc and many others ARTISTS are ready to give up

Forest is coming!  :lol:

as for the "judgement" comment.. i saw u many times ( u and yr best friend agia igoumeni) in various threads about goa (for example :  Music Promotion area-Lost buddha) and  all yr comments was negative (at least) :)

559719[/snapback]

The genre continues to evolve and has splintered into many sounds, but the tech and forest sounds are still very much under the umbrella. And I for one am glad there are some artists around who have the ability to stretch the limits, because that for me is what real art is about.

Don't listen that much new stuff and still alot on my to do list but this is of what I'm sure

Schizm

Mandalavandalz - Hong Kong Knightlife (it's from 2002 but one of the best albums I've heard)

Ka-sol - Fairytale

Torakka - Far Out Express

And if you find the forest sound not psychedelic you should listen again :P

There aren´t any albums in the last 3 years that will become classic

559278[/snapback]

How do you know. Have you heard every album made in the last 3 years?

559482[/snapback]

I was exactly asking myself the same thing...

No more radi bashing!

559547[/snapback]

No more stupid statements like that = no more radi bashing. It's that easy! :)

Guess nearly nobody will agree with me but for me those albums belong in the classic categories:

1200 Mics first album

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream

Some more stuff maybe somebody will agree:

Planum - Elaborate

Lish - Freefall

Blue Vortex - Mirage

maybe new Reefer Decree and Flowjob, but I need some more time to decide how they take the ageing process...

I'm pretty sure that Ott's albums as well as the first two Shpongles will go into history. Hell, they already are classics. How many people know this music? You don't even wanna know, they're very influential, no matter how you feel about them. Not many albums have that quality.

Matter of fact, I doubt that most of the albums mentioned before me, are actually classics. What defines a classic? It has to be something completely new, it's got to be groundbreakingly good or very influential.

Name some of the old albums that are classics nowadays and try to figure out why it is... You'll see, most of the before-named trance-albums aren't that special when you put it in perspective. It's not about what you like, it's about what will be remembered. And those two aren't always the same, you know...

Guest Rezwalker

Don't listen that much new stuff and still alot on my to do list but this is of what I'm sure

Schizm

Mandalavandalz - Hong Kong Knightlife (it's from 2002 but one of the best albums I've heard)

Ka-sol - Fairytale

Torakka  - Far Out Express

And if you find the forest sound not psychedelic you should listen again  :P

560230[/snapback]

mandalavandalz album is not bad..as for the ka-sol album there is no comparison between Fairy tale and derango album for example, cause fairytale is 50% forest and 50% psychedelic (with some goa lines) ..that's why u find some psy tunes...and everynone knows ka-sol album is exception..btw even the psychedelic part of the album imo isn't interesting...i think the sound is pretty hard (tracks 6 to 10)