I am angry

Guest Elysium

I agree on a lot of things you write krell but this i simply have to disagree with. You have to be careful when you assume you "know" what I think krell.

I have no illusion about my own "status" as Elysium in the scene today. I have a long time ago come to terms with that most organizers, labels and partypeople of todays scene dont know my music and never will because it idoes not fit the mainstream style and is too slow. My protests got absolutely nothing to do with that I once had a "status" and now am a nobody. I dont mind not being a "star".  and I got no problem in working hard to get gigs etc.  What I am protesting against is unfair treament, disrespect, breaking of deals etc.  BECAUSE I am a nobody to organizers and labels. Not because I once was somebody.

PS!  Please not a long essay as a respond ;)

564331[/snapback]

This is also how I understand you, I dont think you are running around with too high expectations of yourself or anything like that.

What I think is that you have real expectations for when you make a deal, and expect that the deal is carried out in its original tone. You have some standards, which in the end fall short of the organizers willingness to prioritize you.

This is also why I say I think you are reasonable, but the organizers are not up to the task, and because of your low status, you take the fall for them. Spending a lot of time working and preparing for stuff, which basicly gets the carpet pulled underneath its feet.

Remember we also talked about booking you for our events, and the terms ? So - I know that you are a very reasonable fellow, not counting the limo, 20 goupies and 17 star hotel you wanted ;-) Just kidding :-)

- Krell

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium

HAH, i laugh at those artists complaining about respect & professionalism in the scene.

try to be a deco-artist 

It's twice the work and transportation but the first one to fall off if the party wasn't a succes. :wacko:

How do you think i feel when i enter a 20 meter high building and i see a crappy ladder with extension of another ladder instead of an altitude worker.  :lol:

Goa isn't professional, it's hippie shit, remember, supposed to be small and crappy but full of charm. if it bothers you you're either too old or too vain.

It was born crappy and even if it's tried to be made professional you'll always have a majority of crappy situations.  that's typical for goa.

564391[/snapback]

First of all I dont understand your attitude. Why is it whining when something is brought out in the open and debated?

2nd it would be nice for a change to stop having to see the silly small remark about my age. I doubt my age got to do with anything. Your remark just makes me view you as someone that are not interested in debating polite and reasonable.

The name calling and cheap "under the belt" arguments presented here must be the famous "psynews" virus that seem to pop up once in a while ;)

And then we got your idea that it is charming if an event is crappy and unorganised. I doubt you'll find many with that opinion mate.

You also seem to have missed the whole point of this debate. It is about being treated with respect and not having to be rediculed by greedy arrogant organizers.

If you want to live the hippy life you are more than welcome. To me it seem you are the one that's stuck in the past and have not understood the world has moved forward ;)

I for one (and my others) do not appriciate to be disrespected and treated arrogant. And part of being disrespected is to see a organizer telling us we are not worth paying a dime or even a flighticket while he charge high prices in the entrance and clearly do quite ok on his own bank account.

I have played many benefit events and even paid my own tickets to some of them. I just like to choose myself if I will play for free or not.

So live your life the way you wnat to. I doubt anyone mind. But let us who do not agree have the right to speak about it without being called whiners or old... ok? ;)

The Tchamla Festival seem to develope hour by hour and has turned into a very interesting story that quite sum up how some organizers dont even belong in the scene.

I hope the artists writing there do not "whine" too much for your taste?

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...um/53/start/120

Edited by Elysium

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite new (just a few months) to Psychedelia but I love "old" forms of this music and generally do not like the "new" sound. We are not many but I'm not alone, I know it.

Sincere things flowing through the heart live, as will Elysium's music live.

I hope you'll be around inspiring people like me. Waiting impatiently for the new album :) And for a live performance of course :)

p.l.u.r.

You know what's funny?? I saw these flyers about a Danish festival this summer and guess who is playing in the chillout?

Well??

GUESS! :huh:

First of all I dont understand your attitude. Why is it whining when something is brought out in the open and debated? 

2nd it would be nice for a change to stop having to see the silly small remark about my age.  I doubt my age got to do with anything.  Your remark just makes me view you as someone that are not interested in debating polite and reasonable.

The name calling and cheap "under the belt" arguments presented here must be the famous "psynews" virus that seem to pop up once in a while ;)

And then we got your idea that it is charming if an event is crappy and unorganised.  I doubt you'll find many with that opinion mate. 

You also seem to have missed the whole point of this debate. It is about being treated with respect and not having to be rediculed by greedy arrogant organizers.

If you want to live the hippy life you are more than welcome. To me it seem you are the one that's stuck in the past and have not understood the world has moved forward ;)

I for one (and my others) do not appriciate to be disrespected and treated arrogant. And part of being disrespected is to see a organizer telling us we are not worth paying a dime or even a flighticket while he charge high prices in the entrance and clearly do quite ok on his own bank account.

I have played many benefit events and even paid my own tickets to some of them. I just like to choose myself if I will play for free or not.

So live your life the way you wnat to. I doubt anyone mind. But let us who do not agree have the right to speak about it without being called whiners or old... ok? ;)

The Tchamla Festival seem to develope hour by hour and has turned into a very interesting story that quite sum up how some organizers dont even belong in the scene.

I hope the artists writing there do not "whine" too much for your taste?

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...um/53/start/120

564454[/snapback]

Cant really argue with that.

You know what's funny?? I saw these flyers about a Danish festival this summer and guess who is playing in the chillout?

Well??

GUESS! :huh:

569264[/snapback]

I guess it has to be EP?

I hope really hope so, then he's finaly able to use the live-set he made. And I also hope he gets payed!

^ Hmmm, I think you're missing the point here?

Wasn't it his problem that he only got booked in the chillout, while he is not making Chillout music, but Goatrance instead?  <_<

569278[/snapback]

That was one thing. The other was that he wouldn't have received a payment and also no money for his travelling expenses and in the end he couldn't play at all. If I remember right, this was the real bad part about the whole issue.

Ah yeah, you're right. But still... I thought he explicitly stated he wasn't going to play in the chillout.. but I might not be totally right about that.

Just reading the Isra-thread on the Tchamla-festival, man, it seems like EP was not quite the only one who got fucked over. Hahahaha, that is one pathetic thing that's happening right there... incredible!

Guest Elysium

Ah yeah, you're right. But still... I thought he explicitly stated he wasn't going to play in the chillout.. but I might not be totally right about that.

Just reading the Isra-thread on the Tchamla-festival, man, it seems like EP was not quite the only one who got fucked over. Hahahaha, that is one pathetic thing that's happening right there... incredible!

569280[/snapback]

I have not seen that flyer but I am booked to play at Scandinavian Electronic Music Festival but not as Elysium. So if the flyer says Elysium it so for sure a mistake. I am booked to play as SOLO (State Of Living Organisms) which is my downbeat/chill project (Release later this year on Chill Tribe).

I never said I do not make downbeat/chill. I certantly do but just not as Elysium. Elysium was and has always been ethnic tribal trance for the dancefloor.

So when Tatsu say that I was angry because Elysium was put in the Chillout she is spot on.

Alright, I agree, but it did say Elysium in the Chillout... actually, it seemed like a rather big party (someone's birthday thing) - aka festival - but the flyer I saw was as basic as basic gets. Just plain white with the artist's names written on it. Know anything about this??

Anyhoo, at least you got booked: good thing! :)

Guest Elysium

Alright, I agree, but it did say Elysium in the Chillout... actually, it seemed like a rather big party (someone's birthday thing) - aka festival - but the flyer I saw was as basic as basic gets. Just plain white with the artist's names written on it. Know anything about this??

Anyhoo, at least you got booked: good thing!  :)

569289[/snapback]

Yes and as i said it's a mistake if they wrote Elysium :)

SEMF is not a birthday party but a yearly Festival in Denmark (Mid Jutland). It's the 3rd time this year. It's kept hush hush and very undeground to keep away some violent elements that the scene in Denmark sadly see more and more of. That's why the flyer is so "minimalistic". Basically most information goes from mouth to ear.

I do hope there will be more than the 250 people last year. The Festival is in a very very nice location just next to the Forest and beautiful green fields.

I don't mean to attack you I swear, but to my ears some Elysium material sounded very much relaxing. Say for example Atmosphere track or remix of "Keep it Cool". I wouldn't say they are pure, static ambient, but still very light, chilled and relaxed tracks. I'm not saying they don't belong on the main stage, maybe at the begginig of the party or in the morning when sun is coming up would be a nice experience to hear them, or perhaps some sort of intermission between faster sets, but certainly not for the peak of the night in terms of energy. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Atmosphere track for example in a chillout area, since it is still suitable for sitting down and listening, or even hearing it at home. It's a multi purpose music, not just one-dimensional dancefloor whatever...I wouldn't run away from chill-out rooms if I was you. It's just another avenue to show what you're capable of.

I find your other projects such as Kaaya, Sheyba or Holm and Andersen much more suitable for dancefloor, but like I said that's just me :)

Hey Elysium - can you give me a PM, I would like to discuss something off this thread. Tx

Guest Elysium

I don't mean to attack you I swear, but to my ears some Elysium material sounded very much relaxing. Say for example Atmosphere track or remix of "Keep it Cool". I wouldn't say they are pure, static ambient, but still very light, chilled and relaxed tracks. I'm not saying they don't belong on the main stage, maybe at the begginig of the party or in the morning when sun is coming up would be a nice experience to hear them, or perhaps some sort of intermission between faster sets, but certainly not for the peak of the night in terms of energy. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Atmosphere track for example in a chillout area, since it is still suitable for sitting down and listening, or even hearing it at home. It's a multi purpose music, not just one-dimensional dancefloor whatever...I wouldn't run away from chill-out rooms if I was you. It's just another avenue to show what you're capable of.

I find your other projects such as Kaaya, Sheyba or Holm and Andersen much more suitable for dancefloor, but like I said that's just me  :)

569985[/snapback]

All the old Elysium music was made for the mornings. At that time morning music was more relaxed opposite today where "morning music" it as fast as the night music we had back then.

I never said my music was suitable for the peak of night. It never was. I even think I wrote it was suitable for mornings or early afternoon. But as I said it's absolutely nothing to do with downbeat or ambient.

I do not run away from chillout stages. I do indeed love chillout and make it under another name. I just like to choose myself whit what project I play chillout ;)

Holm & Andersen is doing great gig whise. We just try to stay as far away from the psytrance events as possible since we do not feel it's our cup of tea and the scene we want to use our time in.

All the old Elysium music was made for the mornings. At that time morning music was more relaxed opposite today where "morning music" it as fast as the night music we had back then.

570100[/snapback]

Ah that makes a lot of sense now. :)

Guest Elysium

Ah that makes a lot of sense now.  :)

570325[/snapback]

yes :)

The good old days where a party was a journey.

It usualy started with some chillout and went into some twisted psychedelic night music and when the sun came up the music became slower, more melodic, tribal, ethnic etc. Music to get down on ;)

Today (IMO) it's 145-150 all the way. How on earth do people ever get the chance to get down?

*off-topic I guess* :)

yes :)

The good old days where a party was a journey.

It usualy started with some chillout and went into some twisted psychedelic night music and when the sun came up the music became slower, more melodic, tribal, ethnic etc.  Music to get down on ;)

Today (IMO) it's 145-150 all the way.  How on earth do people ever get the chance to get down?

*off-topic I guess*  :)

570343[/snapback]

Agreed. The 150bpm killargs are getting on my nerves. You cant "groove" to it. You can still be uber killarg with only 137 bpm.

Guest Elysium

Agreed. The 150bpm killargs are getting on my nerves. You cant "groove" to it. You can still be uber killarg with only 137 bpm.

570363[/snapback]

I refuse to see the word "killargs" in this tread. behave or be excluded !!

:)

I refuse to see the word "killargs" in this tread. behave or be excluded !!

570392[/snapback]

KIIIILLLAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Would you be offended or honored if somebody called a Holm & Anderson song KIllargh? :P

Guest Elysium

KIIIILLLAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Would you be offended or honored if somebody called a Holm & Anderson song KIllargh?  :P

570406[/snapback]

I would be shocked :blink:

Guest Elysium

Who are Holm & Anderson?

Arnt they an Inzzzaaaaneeee darkpsy project with bpm's ranging in the 160 -170 range? A lot of influences from Kindadza and Fungus Funk. Kick, Bass, Bass,Bass in every single song?

570413[/snapback]

Music that even play backwards to hear all these evil foul chants from Ozzy Osbourne as he eat a Dove.

Now back on topic you troll no killarghsss :angry: