Posford

abasio

You have to realise that while simon posford was fucking good at what he did. He was obviously overtaken a long time ago by better artists who include OTT!!!

Simon is not a god!! His last Hallucinogen colab was for example EXCREMENT!

531245[/snapback]

After listening to this quite a few times I will say that most tracks are quite good. Not Great but Okay. However the Hallucinogen track is crap. Absolute drivel. I feel like everyone who says it's good is just saying so because they love simon posford and they really wish it was good. News flash people!!! You're god died during the release of twisted and was never ressurected!!

PS

I like simon posford. His chill out is out of this world! He just makes really bad Trance these days  :(

531254[/snapback]

I have recently been a little mean about simon posford!!

Please express your displeasure with my comments here as to not spam the other threads with all the usual simon is the god of everything I usually have to read.

PS

I heard Simon recently thought that he had an STD but it turned out he was just allergic to Wool!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was gonna be a poll where I just get to pick from Cool or Sucks.

Anyway. I never have been able to get into Simon's music much. To be honest, I get bored quickly and want to go to sleep when trying to listen to most of his work.

You can say I have no taste then, or must love Skazi or fool-on, but I am just relaying my honest opinion.

Actually I think you just probably have your own taste. :)

I guess a lot of people just like simon's work because everyone else does.

Simon is POP IDOL (american idol). His recent trance for me has been pretty shit but people keep saying he's soooooo great. too many yes men!

fuck you

:)

I guess it's always comes down to a personal opinion. In my eyes he was relevant and revolutionary for the longest period in the scene. He still churns out some of the better tracks in the genre. But if you really want to hear something fresh and inventive you should really look elsewhere. Sensient for example.

Or even better, look outside the scene.

hallucinogen sounds dated at some point, sounds used/style is more like 90's mainstream stuff than goa trance. yes, its boring and i dont like it, i have heard twisted and deranger few times. perhaps i should give it a proper listen. i see no reason why people praise him so much. i do like some of his collaborations [at the moment ive heard only few tracks from his collab with space tribe], the only tracks that seems ok are "The Great Spirit" and "In The Hands Of The Shaman", "Ultrasonic Heartbeat" is way better than collabs tho.

:)

My opinion in a nutshell -

The guy's released the best three psy albums ever produced, and while his current output ain't quite what it was, none have yet come close to matching the quality he's created. He puts so many ideas and melodies into each track that most artists would create an entire album out of them. He's a musical genius, the Beethoven of psy trance.

I thought this was gonna be a poll where I just get to pick from Cool or Sucks.

531282[/snapback]

we can add a poll if you want. just ask a moderator! :P

---

i think that St. Posford has one of the coolest brains in the psyworld, especially because of Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger and Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible, in my perception.

his music is more than just "psy". or better yet, he makes psychedelia+music, which sometimes outputs in "excellent" results, sometimes in "weird" results.

but the output is all to be expressed according to the understanding of each listener.

if some people call psytrance "good noises", i reckon that what Posford makes can actually be called "music". The compositions of his tracks are very consistent.

i bet traveller and Charlie are smiling now :P

we can add a poll if you want. just ask a moderator! :P

---

i think that St. Posford has one of the coolest brains in the psyworld, especially because of Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger and Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible, in my perception.

his music is more than just "psy". or better yet, he makes psychedelia+music, which sometimes outputs in "excellent" results, sometimes in "weird" results.

but the output is all to be expressed according to the understanding of each listener.

if some people call psytrance "good noises", i reckon that what Posford makes can actually be called "music". The compositions of his tracks are very consistent.

i bet traveller and Charlie are smiling now :P

531420[/snapback]

I am indeed smiling :) and you make a very good point - he probably produces the most musical psy trance, not just silly sounds to a beat.

ok Charlie, i wouldn't go measure Posford comparing to other artists. when you say "not just silly sounds to a beat", you are comparing :P

there are quite few artists that i consider "coolest brains in the psyworld". St. Posford is just one of them. :P

I can live with that. :D

I dont believe people are still discussing about Hallucinogen after so many years.

There are tons great music out there.

531424[/snapback]

You know what's even crazier? People today are still talking about Bob Dylan's early folk songs that he did in the 60's and Led Zeppelin's material from the 70's!!! What a fucked-up world it is.

It is a matter of taste, but still.. I think noone should say that Posford 'sucks' at what he does, even if he doesn't like it.

531408[/snapback]

well, i think it would be better not to label anyones work as sucky, but people call it so

I am indeed smiling  :)  and you make a very good point - he probably produces the most musical psy trance, not just silly sounds to a beat.

531425[/snapback]

BS - lots of excellent psy outthere.

it indeed looks silly how people praise him, it makes no sense. praise other producers then aswell.

My opinion in a nutshell -

The guy's released the best three psy albums ever produced, and while his current output ain't quite what it was, none have yet come close to matching the quality he's created. He puts so many ideas and melodies into each track that most artists would create an entire album out of them. He's a musical genius, the Beethoven of psy trance.

531398[/snapback]

Same here, i can´t understand why people get angry just because the man´s popular because of his killargh psytrance back in the days,i don´t know how his new stuff is but i listened some younger brother track on radio.powernet.bg and they were great, bubble n´tweak is also a gooooood track, after all he has released i will still keep my opinion that he´s special.

Same here, i can´t understand why people get angry just because the man´s popular because of his killargh psytrance back in the days

531454[/snapback]

Nobody is getting angry here. You are confusing us with the "Fucking rolling bassline full-on crap" guy that posts on this board a lot and bitches about the same thing over and over.