Dark madness Psy with melodies

Ormion

Ok, I really love dark, crazy, sick Psy like Parvati,Trishula, Devils Mind etc, but one of the things I miss the most is the melodies. I'm really curious if there is more melodic dark madness Psy out there. I think it's very interesting to listen to some insane dark track with spooky melodies and climaxes. Do you know any artist in this style? The new DarkPsy will be in this style. Let's see...

well the ones that come closest IMO are Psykovsky and Ghreg on Earth, also on a smaller scale Psyfactor :)

529594[/snapback]

Yeah, Psykovsky debut has enough melodies for Dark Psy.

I know you prefer Indigo Child the most (me too actually), but Erlkoenig has some great melodic lines too.

I know what you mean... I am also lookin for Dark Psy but with some cool spooky melodies, but there is not much around. It would give the sound so much more identity, instead there is too much DarkNoisePsy around that sounds all the same, unfortunately.

I always try to include melodic elements in my own tracks, no matter how dark they are.

I was just about to recommend the new Ka-Sol album "Fairytale" to you... its not Dark Psy, but it definately has a darker tone and some really spooky massive melodies :)

Other stuff I can recommend:

Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel

Psykovsky

Psyfactor

Manibus - Escape

Xenomorph

I think most have been mentioned already...

there's a lot of dark-ish stuff with melodies (or a least a lot of pump) in doof compilations: Terranoise is personally very cool, but a little less dark (more like upflifting), Abomination and loren, static nation, i always find some kind of musical aspect in in most kerosene club's, kalilaskov has a track out with natinel on manic dragon which is also inspired in classical, not forgetting Samadhi, or furious which has surprisingly melodic and calm material getting downright cheesy sometimes. hmm last time i checked manifold had some interesting stuff as well and course, Phatmatix

i sense i have deviated from the orginal topic but like my recommendations :rolleyes:

yes, Talpa's music could be considered dark. a good example: Trust No Goblin.

but i wouldn't classify Talpa in the dark psy genre.

---

hey Ormion, what about Ocelot?

ocelot is a good example, so would be mubali, don't think ghreg on earth is very melodic though - more industrial

dejan also usually has a melodic touch in his tunes, silent horror, bug funk, electrypnose, polyphonia, dark nebula, scatterbrain...

and... he seems almost forgotten but he was one of the people who kicked some melody into darkpsy in the first place: menog

• 2 months later...

dont forget Penta! he's definitely got some melodies.

Derango - Secret Surroundings !

534484[/snapback]

oh yes! more like this, nice melodies in the beginning and those wavy deranged melodies in the break+climax :ph34r::ph34r:

dont forget Penta!  he's definitely got some melodies.

591003[/snapback]

Penta - Pentafiles is niice..

oh yes! more like this, nice melodies in the beginning and those wavy deranged melodies in the break+climax  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

591014[/snapback]

Derango - Boomorgon RMX

:D