Reviewing Crap

abasio

Before people were talking about how most people don't write reviews of albums they thought were bad. Because it's difficult and boring to sit a listen to that piece of shit.

Has anyone read psyreviews recently though? Here was one of the best reviews of an unenjoyed CD I've read. It's of Various - The Next Generation

I liked the comedic writing style of how awful it was and it's just as informative as a good review :D I'm Not buying this.

Ahahah ! :lol::lol::lol:

Now that IS the most funny review I have ever read, fantastic...it is such a good review of a bad compilation that it even makes you wanna buy it. :lol:

Here's my old review of Alien vs The Cat album:

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/41708/forum/9

526296[/snapback]

Yea, very good one as well.

The funniest reviews of worst albums are being written by Guy Cohen btw. Damion can only try but even with his polished English he'll never write anything as funny as: "Makes your head move without ask it"

Before people were talking about how most people don't write reviews of albums they thought were bad. Because it's difficult and boring to sit a listen to that piece of shit.

Has anyone read psyreviews recently though? Here was one of the best reviews of an unenjoyed CD I've read. It's of Various - The Next Generation

I liked the comedic writing style of how awful it was and it's just as informative as a good review  :D I'm Not buying this.

526206[/snapback]

Awesome review indeed ... So funny, that I had to put it in the entertainment thread... :P

Before a CD is reviewed, before it's even been ripped out the packaging in a rabid frenzy, it starts with five out of ten.

This is an average mark -- not like other places who will give an average of seven out of ten for anything that comes in. I mean seriously, this annoys the hell out of me -- your average review on some places online will go "all in all an average release with no really amazing tracks on it. I give it 7.5 out of 10"

What? Par the f*ck don?

Gotta agree there ... :)

Haha, The Next Generation review was so hilarious. :lol:

Concerning not reviewing bad albums, I think it's them that should be reviewed because then the producers would get feedback on how to improve their music.

I doubt the Next Generation review gives any usable input to the artists. ;) Well, unless changing the musical style in general counts...

Concerning not reviewing bad albums, I think it's them that should be reviewed because then the producers would get feedback on how to improve their music.

526362[/snapback]

Agreed.

Some artists just want everybody to buy their albums and think they are awesome.

Some artists actually care about getting constructive criticism (or even just criticism in general).

Obviously it is nicer as a reviewer to write about albums you like, and it is nice as an artist to read mostly good reviews of your work, but those artists that complain when somebody gives their album a poor review (see the recent God Save the Machine thread) need to check their egos and think again why they make this music.

And a well-written bad review can be hilarious. :) The review of the latest Future Prophecy album that somebody wrote (I forget who) had me in stitches.

The same goes for DJs. When I give a friend a mixed CD or after I've finished playing a set, I really want to receive criticism (in addition to adoring compliments, of course ;) ) and usually ask my friends "please point out something you didn't like!". I remember one friend several years back was putting together a mixed CD and gave out initial versions to people for criticism. But one of her "stipulations" was that she was 100% set on the tracklist and didn't want to hear any comments about the track selection or order. So nobody gave any. When she finally was giving out the finished mix several weeks later, one person commented that they didn't like the flow of tracks and she forever wrote off this person as having a valid opinion (despite the fact that they were a relatively successful DJ).

In any artistic endeavor, criticism is your best friend for improvement.