Digipak or Jewel Case?

faze

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. maybe you shouldn't listen to music at all if you're in such hurry that you can't use both hands?

2. like you said yourself conserning digipacks (or I apologise if it wasn't you): If you keep good care of the item, it won't break.

3-5. yeah true =/

6. so digipack won't? It's all about how you care take of the item (again).  :)

7.  :D people are conservatives!

8. this is what caught my attention! the lamest excuse of a bad player; blame the equipment. the tape opens from the narrow side, there where the supporting pillar is. :)

509963[/snapback]

1. I don't have time to read that silly response.

2. Yeah, but with digipaks you don't even have to take good care of them and they'll still last longer than a jewel case. And when was the last time a digipak broke in a shipment?

6. Not really, no.

8. Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. If you've found an easy and consistent way to get that devil tape off without killing yourself and without leaving any tape on the case, they you are a god.

3. They can be replaced easily and cheaply if they do break.

509964[/snapback]

3. But why replace them when you can buy the digipak?

3. But why replace them when you can buy the digipak?

509967[/snapback]

I've got several broken digipaks actually. Probably close to 20, half of which arrived broken in the mail on purchase (new I might add). Some have broken teeth for holding the CD in, on some the plastic tray is peeling off the cover. In all cases there is nothing I can do to fix them, I just have to deal with my CDs falling out of the digipak and such all the time. Like I said, I prefer the look of them, but I prefer jewel cases for the long run. Digipaks look good but just don't stand up to the rigors of long term regular use, much less DJing (and I take good care of my CDs I would add)

I've got several broken digipaks actually. Probably close to 20, half of which arrived broken in the mail on purchase (new I might add). Some have broken teeth for holding the CD in, on some the plastic tray is peeling off the cover. In all cases there is nothing I can do to fix them, I just have to deal with my CDs falling out of the digipak and such all the time. Like I said, I prefer the look of them, but I prefer jewel cases for the long run. Digipaks look good but just don't stand up to the rigors of long term regular use, much less DJing (and I take good care of my CDs I would add)

510016[/snapback]

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Funny, though, I have a lot of CDs, and have owned many, many more that are gone now, and I never, ever, not once, had a broken digipak (whereas I've had at least 100 or so broken jewel cases). Guess that's where my large bias comes from. But everyone has their own experiences and biases, I guess. Like, I can't for the life of me understand how someone can wear out a digipak, unless they go hiking with it and use it to put their hot cooking pot on.

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Funny, though, I have a lot of CDs, and have owned many, many more that are gone now, and I never, ever, not once, had a broken digipak (whereas I've had at least 100 or so broken jewel cases). Guess that's where my large bias comes from. But everyone has their own experiences and biases, I guess. Like, I can't for the life of me understand how someone can wear out a digipak, unless they go hiking with it and use it to put their hot cooking pot on.

510020[/snapback]

if you like i can send you my gms vs systembusters album...

broken digipack, no one accept it and i have nothing to do with it <_<

if you like i can send you my gms vs systembusters album...

broken digipack, no one accept it and i have nothing to do with it <_<

510033[/snapback]

So how did it break? Specifically, who broke it, how, and exactly how is it broken?

its called karma, y'all! me and otto are protected for life against worn out digis.

510036[/snapback]

Digipaks, digital packers, digipaks are the champions!

Let's consider for a moment that, Simon Posford, our Lord and Saviour who I hope is gracing all our thoughts more than ever at this time of year (for let us not forget he died on the cross for all our sins) has never released an album in digipak. I think it's worth mulling that over before hastily stating that digipaks are better.

Let's consider for a moment that, Simon Posford, our Lord and Saviour who I hope is gracing all our thoughts more than ever at this time of year (for let us not forget he died on the cross for all our sins) has never released an album in digipak. I think it's worth mulling that over before hastily stating that digipaks are better.

510064[/snapback]

Spot on

I have yet to receive a damaged Digipak, while I do receive at least 1 or 2 damaged Jewelcases whenever I order online from anyplace.

Granted, I have received many times more jewel cases than Digipak, but still broken Jewel cases piss me off. Those teeth snap off too darn easily in the hold clamp.

Go Digipak, we are catching up in the poll!

I have yet to receive a damaged Digipak, while I do receive at least 1 or 2 damaged Jewelcases whenever I order online from anyplace.

Granted, I have received many times more jewel cases than Digipak, but still broken Jewel cases piss me off. Those teeth snap off too darn easily in the hold clamp.

510227[/snapback]

no we are now even

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

510064[/snapback]

Word.

well I said other, I prefer a binder-style case to keep them in, but it doesnt matter to me what case the cd's in when I buy it. The digipacks arent bad unless the cardboard has some sort of plastic layer over it, which causes the plastic cd-holder to come off from the backing. Most digipacks dont have this prob though. I do like that digi's take up less room in the cd rack.

well I said other, I prefer a binder-style case to keep them in, but it doesnt matter to me what case the cd's in when I buy it.  The digipacks arent bad unless the cardboard has some sort of plastic layer over it, which causes the plastic cd-holder to come off from the backing.  Most digipacks dont have this prob though.  I do like that digi's take up less room in the cd rack.

510721[/snapback]

Your vote could have turned the tide. <_<

I voted for Digipak.

It is true that it's actually a disadvantage that you can't replace Digipaks when they are broken or have scratches. And yes, they get scratched easily and are far more vulnerable.

But that's cool in my eyes. It makes it special. It's not some shit burned CD you can throw into a corner and forget, it's a digipak and you must take good care of it. When you do this it will stay good for ages long. And it's far cooler to hold a very old CD in a digipak without any major scratches or whatever in your hands than to hold this same CD in a jewel case which was replaced just recently. Digipaks show how good you treat your babies. And every stain will be there forever. It's far more personal, the digipak stuff :)

People who don't want it simply should store the CD in a jewel case with the booklet and leave the digipak itself in the shelf, this way nothing gets broken or damaged or whatever...