Yet another Skazi/Chemical Crew thread

Riton

Okay people, hear me out...

Before anything, it is an accepted fact that all this Skazi and CC stuff is far from psychedelic and more hard trance than anything else.

Now, what im wondering is, if you go to a party and you hear skazi come up, will you literaly pack your shit and leave the dancefloor?

At a festival, would you leave and wait for the next set or artist to go up?

What about at a regular party that is not a psy festival or even a psy party?

What im trying to say is, yes skazi and his crew aren't psy artists, and yes they are not part of the scene anymore...

But if it comes down to it, i know for a fact that id much rather hear a good skazi or even talamasca set (and i mean good, not some piece of shit Void or Exaile set) rather than a lot of the crapola that i could be hearing (hiphop and other cheesy electronic stuff that i might not be in the mood for)...

In conclusion, even though he can't compare to true psy artists, i do think that some (not all) of that "not-so-psy" kind of trance sure beats a lot of the crap out there... and i know that just thinking of, for instance, hiphop, makes me wanna get up on my feet and dig, even if it means listening to skazi.

Thanks for ya time,

PLUR,

Dav

I´d probably go somewhere else and talk to people instead.

I love running around talking to everybody anyway, so what could be a better time than when Skazi is on.

I wouldn´t have to regret missing something great as I usually seem to do :)

The point is that Skazi is sort of Psychedelic Trance but not Psychedelic, and therefore pointless :)

502921[/snapback]

Well, Eskimo came on, and I actually got up and left. I walked pretty far, far enough so that I couldnt hear it anymore. Only then did things get better.

I wouldnt go to the festival if i knew Skazi was playing. Im not sharing a timezone with them.

Hmm it's that bad for you guys?

Cuz as much as i don't particularly like their stuff...

I can't say it bothers me enough to not wanna be able to hear it or be in the same area code as them...

I guess you guys must really, really hate it...

I just don't like it anywhere close to as much as i love true psychedelic trance...

Does that make me a chav-ars?

I have never heard a full Skazi track, only samples. But from what I heard, it's not for me. Playing awful guitar riffs and "remixing" (aka. raping) old tunes from other genres, well ... choke on it.

:angry: the cc is coming to cyprus on the 23!(seriously)

hurray,start booking your tickets. :P

anw,imo the kind of trance they play,fits a packed club atmosphere for a short amount of time.

but i could never spend more than 2hours listening to this maddness.... :)

i think what pisses off most people(me included) is his superstar attitude,and his fucking fan club. :angry:

The worse thing is not that it isn't psy, it's not that it isn't very good. It's that most of the tracks I've heard from Skazi have been really fucking Annoying. Like someone with a squeeky voice or a machine gun laugh. I would walk away from the dancefloor if that annoying shit came on.

You know, Skazi tracks and the like have become some sort of "you better go home now"-signal to me. It's like fate would tell me with a gentle voice: "mh, better go pack your things and leave, you won't be going to miss anything here anymore". Seriously. This already happened to me a couple of times (four times this year already ... oh wait, I just have been to four parties this year yet!) and I instantly got the hint, washed down the rest of the water I had left in my bottle in one gulp, turned around with a smile, went for my jacket and waved goodbye. I have never regret it so far.

Funny detail is, that I have never heard a Skazi track before the liveact I wanted to see yet. Never. Only some time afterwards some DJ spins some ... and then I'm going. It's just as if they would play it as a wink for me :rolleyes:

The last time i was at party with Skazi in the line up i left a few seconds after he came up. And usually the crowd that comes to see him is not what i'd like to see around. Call me elitist, whatever, i expect see this crowd behind bars or something and not in a party that i paid for.

Ye, call me elitist.

The last time i was at party with Skazi in the line up i left a few seconds after he came up. And usually the crowd that comes to see him is not what i'd like to see around. Call me elitist, whatever, i expect see this crowd behind bars or something  and not in a party that i paid for.

Ye, call me elitist.

503337[/snapback]

elitist!

I actually do feel the same way. Ok so it's nothing good by psytrance standards anymore, but I still think that a lot of the rock tracks are fun to listen to sometimes. I'd still rather listen to the Chemical Crew then radio or MTV.

The last time i was at party with Skazi in the line up i left a few seconds after he came up. And usually the crowd that comes to see him is not what i'd like to see around. Call me elitist, whatever, i expect see this crowd behind bars or something  and not in a party that i paid for.

Ye, call me elitist.

503337[/snapback]

Psysnobs. The lot of you.

But its true, I thought once that hearing him live on a 50,000 watt sound system, might make it better. It doesnt. It actually makes it worse. When that style of music comes on at a party, the "magic" in the air dissapears and is replaced with this aweful noise that doesnt do your LSD any favours at all. Rubbish.

Well it's a given that Skazi coming up at a party or festival is not gonna do your trip any good. agreed.

But i still think that if im up for partying and that Skazi and his crew are there, id much rather listen to them than to some of the more mainstream stuff...

And by here i dont mean israel, cuz here there's always something better lol, i mean somewhere where there isn't as much choice when it comes down to psy.

Skazi ummmm, all I can say is Infected Mushroom anyone?? I got to give credit to I-F thou because they actuly did start off as PsyTrance (and still are in some aspects buts that debatable between the I-F fans & non IF fans lol)

I do like some psy-trance with guitars in them if it is done right, (i.e Eat Static-In the Nude album) but Skazi! its not even psytrance

I have herd some of there stuff...and its not my "taste" at all, & this is coming from a guy who used to listen/Dj Black/Heavy Metal music since I was 8 lol

If Shazi was playing on one stage, and Infected mushroom another I wold choose Infeted mushroom over them anyday...even thou I hate them aswell now

I don't understand you people who say "rather skazi than mtv/radio/whatever". If the choice is between skazi and commercial radio for example, I'd go with silence. Why should I hang around just because there once was a slim connection between this fuckwit and psy-trance? Dancing is worth NOTHING to me if the music makes me feel sick. And no, I can't even laugh at Skazi.

At parties I've walked out on waaay better stuff than Skazi... this weekend I left during a DJ set by Jan Müller. I don't care that he's a legend and has made a bazillion awesome tracks - the music wasn't good and the party wasn't good. I left.

I don't understand you people who say "rather skazi than mtv/radio/whatever". If the choice is between skazi and commercial radio for example, I'd go with silence. Why should I hang around just because there once was a slim connection between this fuckwit and psy-trance? Dancing is worth NOTHING to me if the music makes me feel sick. And no, I can't even laugh at Skazi.

At parties I've walked out on waaay better stuff than Skazi... this weekend I left during a DJ set by Jan Müller. I don't care that he's a legend and has made a bazillion awesome tracks - the music wasn't good and the party wasn't good. I left.

503421[/snapback]

I know most of you will disagree, but i found that Eskimo was in fact (wait for it) WORSE than Skazi. I actually felt myself cringing and pitying eskimo when I saw him doing his white-boy moves behind the decks. Perhaps being ginger all his life, he over-compensates by making "wicked" music and pulling off killarg vanillarg ice moves behind the deck. get a tan. dye your hair, make "Trance" and not mcdonalds, kiddy play-pen background music. Skazi is Skazi, but my god, Eskimo is delusional. There are some people who actually like Skazi, i cant think of anyone who would like eskimo's "music". its fucking aweful.

when eskimo is "feeling" the music and wagging his white fingers around, its so funny its actually sad.

/end rant.

i completely agree with OD here!

even if i have seen only Eskimo live(sorry,laptop-live i meant) i have a feeling that Skazi is better.Some of his tracks are completely lame,but at least he wont do the eskimo moves.What he might do in the backstage and what he will demand for(limos,girls,hotels etc) are another subject.

Anw he will come on the 23rd,MAYBE(i dont think so though) i will go check him out.

But i still find that his first album Animal,is nice. :ph34r:

Skazi needs no introduction ? a genuine trance artist from the premier league

of trance creators in the world, producing a unique style of hardcore dance

floor trance music since 1998.

Their first trance album "Animal", released in September 2000 was

revolutionary in its sound & direction and dramatically exploded in the

worldwide trance scene. Being previously in the local punk and hardcore

scene, Skazi brought a new and innovative twist to trance, combining live

guitar riffs & storming sounds.

"Animal" became an overnight success & positioned Skazi in the front row

of trance creators in the world with huge demand for his music and live

shows everywhere!!!

In March 2002 Skazi released his 2nd album "Storm" ? another real

stormer that really shook the world of trance again and established Skazi

at the top.

Skazi compiled 3 compilations between the years 2001-2004 with huge

success released more than 100 tracks in over 40 albums or compilation

distributed world wide staying for months at the top of the sales charts

in major countries like: Japan,U.K.,Russia and more.

Skazi has covered every corner of the globe, performing mainly at big

raves, in front of 10's of thousands of people in: Israel, Japan, Brazil,

Mexico, Germany, Greece, South- Africa, Switzerland, Holland, Portugal,

Australia,Cyprus, Russia, India, Spain, U.K., Bulgaria, Italy, Hungary and many

other countries that host this elite trance act in various successful

events and electronic festivals such as:

Fuji Rock festival jp., The Gathering jp., Exxpirience Brazil and much more .

With more than 5000 visitors every day in Skazi web site, 13,500 web

sites who Skazi appears in, more than 1000 parties in the past 6 years

and unbelievable rate of producing music , Skazi is with no doubt unique

in his genre

This is one of the promo articles for skazi for the party here.

You can clearly see the superstar theme in there.

"With more than 5000 visitors every day in Skazi web site, 13,500 web

sites who Skazi appears in, more than 1000 parties in the past 6 years

and an unbelievable rate of producing music , Skazi is with no doubt unique

in his genre"

Because we all know that the best artists release at least 5 albums every year.

What is his genre? Crap? He's unique in Crap?