New FILTERIA: HELIOPOLIS" album released!

Jon Cocco

:blink:

wtf?

arent we allowed to voice our opinions, as long as none goes personal and tries to insult him i dont see anytihng wrong about "i dont like his music" posts ;).

cant someone simply dislike something :blink:

437596[/snapback]

Of course people can say what they want. You missed the point of my message entirely.

Let's consider two facts about your first post here (which I was not commenting on originally, btw):

- it's posted six minutes after the thread was opened

- you cut and pasted instead of actually writing anything original

Maybe I'm the only one here who raised an eyebrow over this.

:ph34r:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My eyebrow didn't rise, if you want to know :)

I can understand reger totally, because Filteria's worshipping is incredible in this forum. I don't say he don't deserve it - I'm just stating the fact. And after reading your post I also got the impression that you're trying to prevent others from critisizing him because he frequents this forum and many people know him personaly.

Be sure, that when I get his both albums I'll voice my opinion on his music regardless of the rules you set few posts above. Especially, if I will not like it :)

Of course people can say what they want. You missed the point of my message entirely.

Let's consider two facts about your first post here (which I was not commenting on originally, btw):

- it's posted six minutes after the thread was opened

- you cut and pasted instead of actually writing anything original

:ph34r:

437758[/snapback]

well, its easier and better than repeating myself, there is no difference.

i posted 6min after it was opened - since when there is time limit when its allowed to post?

as for posting in this thread - obviously Jon wanted to know what others think about it, wheres the problem? am i missing something or what?

RAH dude, if you're talking about me, my first post is not a review on page 1. Please read again. What I wrote simply is my thoughts, comments, and feelings on the new album. There is no grade, score(s), or even track synopsis for each song, or anything like that. I simply wrote more than the others on this thread.  I'd never post a review unless I've heard the entire album at least two times. I believe exactly that. ;)

437716[/snapback]

oh ops... i thought this was the review section...

437656[/snapback]

;)

In any case one has to appreciate that Jannis has been able to create somewhat of a hype around his music eh :D Even if I am not all in love with Sky Input there was no doubt. I had to order his new album and it's already in the pipeline.

And I'm pretty sure I will end up ordering his 3rd album without hearing it beforehand too. But ... if after the third album some things haven't improved I MIGHT stop ordering new Filteria stuff. In the meantime I think he's shown such a talent he deserves time to develop. Shit, this is only his 2nd album FGS. And hopefully he will develop in the direction I like.

Less eager to impress is maybe the best short way I can put it. The talent is there. He just needs a good producer and 2nd opinion ... SkeletonMan to the Rescue !! B) and :rolleyes:

But can't wait to hear his album when it arrives snailmail tomorrow.

I can understand reger totally, because Filteria's worshipping is incredible in

this forum. I don't say he don't deserve it - I'm just stating the fact.

437769[/snapback]

You argue there's a lot of Filteria worship in this forum... so the correct response is to make sure to rain on everyone's parade, is that right?

You freely admit you're more likely to comment on something if you dislike it... good vibes, anyone?

I'm not making rules here; I'm just commenting on what seems to be persistant

mean-spirited tendancies that plenty of psynews members seem to have. What sucks is that the closer an artist is to the community the more likely people feel obligated to rip into their efforts, which is simply disrespectful if you ask me. It's fine to dislike the artist's work, perfectly okay to talk about it, but I think some people take it one step beyond, that's all. I don't expect anyone who does so to realize it, since they're perfectly content to argue endlessly, but I don't think that changes anything...

Hopefully that's all I need to say on that subject. Probably not, knowing people :)

You argue there's a lot of Filteria worship in this forum... so the correct response is to make sure to rain on everyone's parade, is that right?

You freely admit you're more likely to comment on something if you dislike it... good vibes, anyone?

I'm not making rules here; I'm just commenting on what seems to be persistant

mean-spirited tendancies that plenty of psynews members seem to have. What sucks is that the closer an artist is to the community the more likely people feel obligated to rip into their efforts, which is simply disrespectful if you ask me. It's fine to dislike the artist's work, perfectly okay to talk about it, but I think some people take it one step beyond, that's all. I don't expect anyone who does so to realize it, since they're perfectly content to argue endlessly, but I don't think that changes anything...

Hopefully that's all I need to say on that subject. Probably not, knowing people :)

438176[/snapback]

Agree with everything you've said...it seems that there are MANY mean-spirited individuals around here, and they can hardly wait for some hot theme to open to spread those negative vibes cause they are so frustrated with their little and uninteresting lives that they have to bash every single thing around them.

I personally can hardly wait to hear Jannis new album since I liked SKY INPUT and he told me that this one is going to be even better.

I haven´t listened to the complete album yet but I hope it will be good. I think some of the tunes sound pretty promising when I listened to the short clips. The album art is ok I guess... pays respect to the old school, but i really don´t like it when the font gets lost in the pictures too much. Too messy in my opinion.

I knew you'd say that :) But you know, good music will defend itself and people need to be warned about bad music. I have a small budget to spend on CDs and it really pisses me off when 95% of releases today, hyped beyond belief, turn out to be a total crap... Thanks God we have mp3 and can check before buying... And for the record, most of the time when I write a review it's for something I love - I don't have time to write about artists that let me down, because I'd have to spend weeks on that. When I want to criticize something, I always try to say WHY I didn't liked it (check my "Sky Input" comment in its reviews thread for example).

Anyway, I think we have a full right to critisize something we don't like. It doesn't matter if the author is a member of the forum or is somebody's best friend. When somebody releases his work into o public he must be prepared for the fact that some people might not like it. True that constructive critisizm will be about 10-20% of the total number of comments and the rest will just "bash" artist, but that's the beauty of democracy and internet ;):D

I myself when I get the chance to listen to the album will review it no matter if I'll like it or not and I'll tell excatly why I liked it or not.

Hey traveller, nothing against what you said - you have a total right to your opinion - but I was just curious why you don't like his stuff "at all". I'm not a huge fan myself, but your words were pretty strong. What is it that you don't like, exactly?

437408[/snapback]

To tell the truth I was never into melodic goa trance. I'm just more psytrance kind of guy.. melodic goa sounds very awkward to my ears, like umm DJ BOBO

Posted Image

apart from very few acts..

Agree with everything you've said...it seems that there are MANY mean-spirited individuals around here, and they can hardly wait for some hot theme to open to spread those negative vibes cause they are so frustrated with their little and uninteresting lives that they have to bash every single thing around them.

So basicaly you're saying that if somebody doesn't like the music that majority here likes and is stupid enough to say this, he automatically is "mean-spirited", with "a little and uninteresting life"? Do you really believe in this?! :)

I know some people are exagerating and "bash" the music just for the sake of doing this and say they did't like it "because they don't". But that is minority. And by the way - I didn't see you or Basilisk complaining about endless Skazi topics. Well, he's a human being too, has some kind of feelings, maybe even some friends here?

Double moral standards?

:)

To tell the truth I was never into melodic goa trance. I'm just more psytrance kind of guy.. melodic goa sounds very awkward to my ears, like umm DJ BOBO

Posted Image

apart from very few acts..

438188[/snapback]

Okay, thanks for the honest reply. :)