Results for "BEST OF 2005" ! :D

moni

With my appologies for the delay, we now can present you the results of the BEST OF 2005 thread.

Please click here to see the results: http://www.psynews.org/media/bestof2005/

And insert your comments below.

:)

Thank you all who participated in this exercise; we will let you be the judge of the relevance of this information; and for the next one, we hope that more of you will participate! The bigger the database gets, the more relevant the results will be!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Moni, how long did that take you???? Thats some serious statistics you got going. Nice Job!!!! Now let those fools from isratance come over here and check this out!!

About the results, I havent even heard of Khetzal, did i miss something? And the onlz one in the top 5 that i listened to was shpongle, and that sucked, but i guess my taste isnt representative.

Anywazs, well done Moni!!

In one word; WHA FUCKIN UH !!! Jeez, that's some mega impressive piece of work. THANK YOU MONI. I know I will be spending some time checking this stats and the releases. For now it certainly reveals that Suntrip IS the shit these days. Wonder if it's possible to keep up such a statistic ...? But go for it guys!

And again Moni: Thanks for the work :rolleyes:

Amazing job Moni...  :)  :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Psynews has the coolest secretary around!  :D

I was hoping the Voice Of Cod album would score higher, but hey, it's a democracy...

Anyway, nice job Moni... :wub:

/DP

435068[/snapback]

Thank you. That was an extremely useful poll.

You did an excellence job of presenting the results

clearly.

\\n

Very well done indeed!

But with 2 Suntrip releases in top 5, can you really call it objective & representative ;) ?

435067[/snapback]

about objectivity: with all due respect, but do you really think moni is the type of person who would cheat to get these 2 suntrips in the top 5? i think she couldn't care less, really.

psynews, however, is not really representative, as you and i know there are lots of oldskool fans here, that's why suntrip got such good scores. So this Poll is not representative for the rest of the psy-world............that's why it's called the psynews poll i guess :unsure:

Very well done indeed!

But with 2 Suntrip releases in top 5, can you really call it objective & representative ;) ?

435067[/snapback]

if you remember well, all top 5 albums have been hyped pretty well here by people. and i've seen 0 words from Anoebis and mars about Apsara and Khetzal. so i'd say it's objective and representative for psynews.

if more people participated, maybe results would have been the same, or close, or different. i guess we'll never know.

oh well, there is always next year. :)

about objectivity: with all due respect, but do you really think moni is the type of person who would cheat to get these 2 suntrips in the top 5? i think she couldn't care less, really.

psynews, however, is not really representative, as you and i know there are lots of oldskool fans here, that's why suntrip got such good scores. So this Poll is not representative for the rest of the psy-world............that's why it's called the psynews poll i guess  :unsure:

435147[/snapback]

Don't know where you got it in your mind that I suggested that Moni cheated? :blink: You DID understand me :) because in your last paragraph you just said everything I meant with my remark...

Let's not get touchy ppl! :lol:

thats exactly what Im wondering about myself, I never heard their name before, I checked out the reviews now, and they didnt sound that enthusiastic. I guess Ill download it and give it a listen, it must be pretty good to win here.

435215[/snapback]

I sense a lot of fake accounts.. our regulars didn't really vote for them, did they?

edit:

who voted khetzal as #1:

Lamat, amphiton, titik, Louis 8D, Jeller, Sarahti, Adam, Fuse, Vnvmod, juanelinmortal, unikos

Some regulars and some with only 1 or 2 posts.. never since heard <_<

edit. but that'sonly 11 #1s? Yet it says that they got 13 #1s????

maybe I counted wrong :blink:

edit2.

CIA is investigating this

Don't know where you got it in your mind that I suggested that Moni cheated?  :blink: You DID understand me :) because in your last paragraph you just said everything I meant with my remark...

Let's not get touchy ppl!  :lol:

435243[/snapback]

errm ok, i'm not getting touchy :P still love u man :wub: haha, seriously i wasn't pissed at you r something. i just didn't know what you meant with your remark. was it you blamed moni for cheating? or was it just the fact that you said psynews' music polls aren't representative for the rest of the psy world. i thought you were referring to moni with the objective thingy. so yes i understand the representative part, but not the objective part, let's put it that way. there are lots of psynewsers that HATE suntrip releases (raise yer hand plz :P), and that lot of them doesn't know jos or fabien, so i really don't think they have been telling ppl to vote for them r something. I really can't agree with you on that...

I sense a lot of fake accounts.. our regulars didn't really vote for them, did they?

edit:

who voted khetzal as #1:

Lamat, amphiton, titik, Louis 8D, Jeller, Sarahti, Adam, Fuse, Vnvmod, juanelinmortal, unikos

Some regulars and some with only 1 or 2 posts.. never since heard  <_<

maybe I counted wrong  :blink:

edit2.

435246[/snapback]

Well, I voted Khetzal as well, and I'm not "poster" enough for you I guess... Am I not good enough because I don't post so much? I visit these forums simply to find out about good releases, to read about the music... and I liked Khetzal the most! simple as that... i'm not "smart" enough yet to reply on all music threads, and I'm not interested in off topic... that explains my low amount of posting, but when I saw a best of topic I could reply, so I did. A pitty you think that is unfair.

this poll is as representative as the one on Isratrance, it's like every poll! Take 100 people from 25 countries... And the result will be different all the time, so is this, and of course there are more goa trance lovers here then on other forums... which actually brought me here! :) (but with all respect, Derango is nr 2, and not melodic at all)

It's very typical that with this kind of polls there are always people that start to complain because "their favourite group" or label did not won, learn to live with it

edit:

who voted khetzal as #1:

Some regulars and some with only 1 or 2 posts.. never since heard  <_<

maybe I counted wrong  :blink:

edit2.

435246[/snapback]

noooo, I dont think there were fake accounts, i just dont know who the fuck Khetzal is, thats all.

Well, I voted Khetzal as well, and I'm not "poster" enough for you I guess... Am I not good enough because I don't post so much? I visit these forums simply to find out about good releases, to read about the music... and I liked Khetzal the most! simple as that... i'm not "smart" enough yet to reply on all music threads, and I'm not interested in off topic... that explains my low amount of posting, but when I saw a best of topic I could reply, so I did. A pitty you think that is unfair.

this poll is as representative as the one on Isratrance, it's like every poll! Take 100 people from 25 countries... And the result will be different all the time, so is this, and of course there are more goa trance lovers here then on other forums... which actually brought me here! :) (but with all respect, Derango is nr 2, and not melodic at all)

It's very typical that with this kind of polls there are always people that start to complain because "their favourite group" or label did not won, learn to live with it

435285[/snapback]

I don't think it's unfair. Did I say so? I'm not complaining, just making observations.. like how does 11 best votes become 13 for example? Also raising some questions about #1 votes from people with 1 or 2 posts who had registered "some days" ago. Did you hear what X-Noize did at Isratrance's similar poll?

I don't think it's unfair. Did I say so? I'm not complaining, just making observations.. like how does 11 best votes become 13 for example? Also raising some questions about #1 votes from people with 1 or 2 posts who had registered "some days" ago. Did you hear what X-Noize did at Isratrance's similar poll?

435298[/snapback]

That is something Moni has to answer of course. From the list you wrote I know Lamat myself from parties, so that's not fake for sure either :)