Race games with psytrance music

radi6404

To you remember the good old times with the good old Need For Speed games from NFS 3 to NFS 5, thisGames are so old but i like them still very much, i remember that in NFS 3 on every map you cut choose if you want a rockmix or a psymix, on NFS 4 and 5 it wasn´t so anymore but you had still oldschool tracks to choose. On this time i played this games over and over again but now i don´t know where they are or the CD´s are broken and i can´t play them anymore :angry::angry::angry: Of course the today´s NFS Games suck big time and can´t handle with the classic one´s at all, i think on that time psytrance was popular because many race games had psytrance on them, but now all what you can hear in the Games is fucking bad HipHop that sucks big time.

What do you think about this Games

I never recovered from being eaten by the ghosts on pac-man when I was young :unsure:

You could turn the hip-hop off on your games and put your own music on though, then it could be psy all the way :D

I never recovered from being eaten by the ghosts on pac-man when I was young  :unsure:

You could turn the hip-hop off on your games and put your own music on though, then it could be psy all the way :D

417287[/snapback]

Of course i can do it, todays (AMD) prozessors like i have are fast enough to play MP3 files via winamp or Windows Media Player and render the today´s Games apsolute smoothly, no problem but that´s not the point. Why the enveloopers put now only hiphop in Racegames which don´t go together at all, for races you need dynamic fast music instead of slow hiphop shit and if a game is good they can put psytrance or other genres except hiphop on it and people will buy it. In the very old NFS 3 you had technomixes and rockmixes for every map and now it´s always hiphop and soom rock peaces, too, why is it so?

i think it is wrong to put psytrance in games.

i think its like putting psytrance into dish washing liquid commercial/advert.

IMO.

417297[/snapback]

I don´t think so coz near noone except the people in the psyscene know about psytrance and puting psytrance on games can make the music more knoen and popular,

I don´t think so coz near noone except the people in the psyscene know about psytrance and puting psytrance on games can make the music more knoen and popular,

417312[/snapback]

well, anyway, im not looking for popularity, and average gamer is not the best choice to feed with psytrance.

There is nothing bad about putting psychedelic trance in racing games, or any game for that matter. I find that people who would usually be close-minded to certain music can start to like certain things if it goes along as a soundtrack to a movie or game. And I am always open to the risk of introducing people into the genre.

I know I drive around in my car with psytrance, goa, chill, industrial, and dark-electro playing almost all the time, even when I am going measurably fast and competitive on the highway. :P

If I remember listening to samples of GT4 Kicks with all the Psytrance artists on it, the music wasn't the best, it sounded kinda' cheesy with the racing, engine, and autoshop machinery sounds they put into the tracks as part of the music, but it was still listenable and respective of each artist's sound.

Honestly, I think some Shpongle would go well with a dish washing liquid commercial. :lol:

Did anyone ever play the original Vectorman on Sega Genesis. Well, the soundtrack for the game was influenced by various electronic club, rave, festival, etc. music of the early-to-mid 90s, and if I were older, I would have probably looked more into electronic music sooner. I especially liked this track(not a perfect rendition of the original track), which I find it hard not to hear goa-influenced elements in B) . A track like that can slowly bring people who research a type of track they heard in a videogame, and in today's more music-accessable age, I am sure anyone interested can eventually find what they are looking for.

Creamcrop rec once released a compilation with a race game on it, I think it was called "Space Haste", for each level of the game you had a different track of the compilation playing. I only played it once or twice though since I´m not really the computer game kind of guy. The compilation it was on was called "The next levels".

back when i played diablo i used to have entire playlists created for that endevour...

Like 'Smash It' from Paste or something like that. i love playing any kind of game to psy trance...

417307[/snapback]

Now thàt's a fan-tas-tic track!

Great opening track to V/A: Widescreen also...

Does anybody know if Paste is still making tracks like that?

Do they have a full-cd out? Is it equally good?

About the gaming: I'm soo happy I never bought myself a PS or X-box or anyhing: I'm already short on time as it is!

Trance music could have been created specifically for videogames, they go together so well, especially racing games and shoot 'em ups.

When playing a game and listening to trance I sometimes find if I concentrate harder on the music (as opposed to the game) I do better at the game. I sorta enter a mild state of hypnosis and settle down into the grrove, after that playing the game comes naturally, it's almost automated.

This might be a good point to mention that if you own a PSP and Wipeout Pure, you can download edits of two of the Voice of Cod album tracks from the Sony website and play them in the game.

Trance music could have been created specifically for videogames, they go together so well, especially racing games and shoot 'em ups.

When playing a game and listening to trance I sometimes find if I concentrate harder on the music (as opposed to the game) I do better at the game. I sorta enter a mild state of hypnosis and settle down into the grrove, after that playing the game comes naturally, it's almost automated.

417621[/snapback]

That´s the point, i alzo think exactly the same, for such kind of videogames psytrance is the best music, i remember what a feeling i had when i drove in NFS3 through the mountain in a map and it plays a great oldschool mix. Btw. i think the Playstation version of NFS3 had weather controls like the PC version alzo but the ps version had controls like ice on street and such kind, had it?

GRAN TURISMO 4!

I have NOT played it (I do not have a Playstation 2 :P ), but look here - this is the official soundtrack: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sol/sol1cd016.html ... Hallucinogen, Eat Static, Koxbox ... some state of the art artists there!

GRAN TURISMO 4!

I have NOT played it (I do not have a Playstation 2 :P ), but look here - this is the official soundtrack: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sol/sol1cd016.html ... Hallucinogen, Eat Static, Koxbox ... some state of the art artists there!

417880[/snapback]

Yeah GT4 has some psytrance tracks, some DnB, some Electro, some Rock / Metal, even some Classical. Cant remember seeeing any hiphop. but thats a good thing.

if you like psy-trance while youre playing video games,why not just put on mute on youre tv set,and put on a good album of youre own choice.

417919[/snapback]

That's what I do, though more out of necessity than choice as I have a Gamecube which don't accept audio CDs.

That's what's good about the Xbox/Xbox 360, they can stream audio files directly from the internal hard drive while you're playing your favourite game. It's a good feature.

There is only one game with pure psy-trance music and this is the first Extreme-G in N64. But not all the tracks! Actually there was one track in this game which was one of the best stuff ever listened! The rest of the futurustic racing games have not any psy music, but music related a bit to psy like pure trance or crazy techno with real drums.

And about the Gran Turismo 4.... this is not Psy-trance. It's commercial club shit, even from Simon himself! <_<

There is only one game with pure psy-trance music and this is the first Extreme-G in N64. But not all the tracks! Actually there was one track in this game which was one of the best stuff ever listened! The rest of the futurustic racing games have not any psy music, but music related a bit to psy like pure trance or crazy techno with real drums.

And about the Gran Turismo 4.... this is not Psy-trance. It's commercial club shit, even from Simon himself!  <_<

417933[/snapback]

Hey has noone played NFS 3? I wonder why noone said anything about that, especially on the mountainmaps the music was great psytrance, not like astral but more like classical psytrance with the classic not unison or superwave synths and on the desert maps psytrance has played, too. Anyway Simon´s tune in GT4 sounds great in my opinion.