2005: Good or bad year for Psy?

Ormion

So, what do you think? I vote for good year. It was definately much better than the crappy 2002 and 2003 but worst than 2004. Of course I don't have to mention the 1995-1999 years... there's no way to be better than these.

The main problem with 2005 IMO was the surpises. I mean in 2004 we had Filteria, Misted Muppet, Talpa etc. but in 2005 we didn't have any big surprise. I also think that the winner-genre was the Dark, with very interesting compilations and albums (Derango,oCeLoT etc.)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote where?

You voted for very good year, but you're ashamed to admit it!  :P

405548[/snapback]

if that what you think then its on me.....ashamed pffffffff.....and what the fuck do you know what i vote for?

2005 wasn't the worst year, but it was definitely a disappointment when compared to 2004. When I don't have enough good/great albums to make a Top 10 List, that's NOT a good thing. <_<:(:huh::blink:

Oh well, there's always 2006 to look forward to. New Filteria.. and possible new Talpa... and (*keeping fingers crossed*) Transwave (?!?!) is enough to peek my interest.

2005 was somewhat more of a breather since so many TOP albums came out in 2004. Regardless, a great December surprise album would have been nice. Oh well. ;)

The main problem with 2005 IMO was the surpises. I mean in 2004 we had Filteria, Misted Muppet, Talpa etc. but in 2005 we didn't have any big surprise. I also think that the winner-genre was the Dark, with very interesting compilations and albums (Derango,oCeLoT etc.)

405499[/snapback]

are Filteria and Misted Muppet positive or negative factors here? :P besides, the Talpa album was ready in 2003, but came out 1.5 years later. :(

2005 pwns 2004 completely and utterly. All the kick-ass 'dark' ultra-psychedelic music from San Fran, France, Scandinavia, Russia, etc etc.. and some quality morning psytrance also. looking forward to the psy-fi next year..

It's been a very good and varied year, the best in quite some time:

Bus - Morebusinessslinkyouthere

CPC - Ãœber den Angst

Kino Oko - Lost Entertainment

Jaïa - Fiction

Magnetrixx - Wired

Metalogic - Magnetic Influence

Midimiliz - Non Standards

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

Ocelot - Vectorselector

Procs - Stuck In The Oven With Me

Psykovsky - Psykovsky

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

Tranan - Restarter

Voice of Cod - We Are Free

V/A - Apsara - Suntrip Records

V.A. - Chronika Chapter 2

V.A. - Left Coast Liquid vol. 1

V/A - Refresh - Aeon 2005

I voted for 'good year'

I'm aware that there is still a lot of crappy releases coming out (probably even more that in the past), but there's still a lot of interesting ones too. This was a very good year for progressive and dark-trance and I can recognize it even if I'm not so much into that styles.

From my point of view, there was at least a few great releases:

Cosmosis, Voice of Cod, EVP, Jaia, V/A Wild Rumpus etc.

Guest Elysium

I dont think it's been better or worse than other years. Some solid releases, some ok releases and a lot of releases that should never have been released (IMO).

No better or worse than any other years. The scene is a bit dead and have been for a while. Too much music sound the same and it does not really matter what style it is. It seem to me that too many artists aim to sound a certain way instead of finding their own sound. There are exceptions and thank god for that :)

Loads of crappy "psy-covers",

some good proggy-stuff in the last 2-3 months,

some good chill...

At least 1 milestone coming up in 2006: the Minilogue full album!

Trust me, this will be "something completely different" ;)

Guest Elysium

At least 1 milestone coming up in 2006: the Minilogue full album!

Trust me, this will be "something completely different" ;)

405778[/snapback]

I hope so because to be honest i have not been too impressed with Minilouge for a while. I think they too tend to stay within the same formular. Just count how many tracks they used the same Toms in :(

But I hope they will progress and experiment more and do something interesting. They sure have the talent.