Experimental Electronica • IDM • Ambient

amphiton

yes!!! Venetian Snares!!!! canada's finest

he is amazing... you can't put more emotion into songs than he can what with Rossz csillag allat szuletett. some times i choose to listen to his stuff over my psy... and his influences come from everywhere.... metal, rock, classical, jazz, everything.... he remixed a judas priest song.... CRAZY!!!!!!!

his best one by far is rossz... you can't get better than that.

also look for Squarepusher he does some good drill too....

and aphex twin, i'm not too big a fan of his stuff, although the stuff he releases under

the alias "aphex" is pretty cool

look for aphex - Boxing Day

thats a neat ambient one

and just to be an ass... jungle brothers ;)

The Campfire Headphase disappointed me. If it had not been done by BOC, I believe it would have sunk without a trace.

Pedro

404781[/snapback]

i think it was BoC progression into more mainstream sound to appeal to a wider audience... they got big, they wanted a more accepting sound... a bit strange cause they could have just as well continued on the wierd IDM branching and true psychedelic sounds... but the output is not bad... let's just hope the next one up does not have vocals <_<

• 6 months later...

Richard Devine - Cautella

Ab Ovo - Le Temps Suspendu

from 2005..

from 2006 , i am still waiting to get the new displacer. Samples sound promising.

564760[/snapback]

Le Temps Suspendu is a 2004 release,Empreintes was released in 2005 and its a flawless album,a big journey,priceless,they should have a quest to get this one as a reward.

My favorite 2006 release was the Exillon album i guess,also check for releases from Ginormous and Antigen Shift.

And Bitcrush for a rock point of view.

do you want releases from 2005?

Danieto - Cirugia Casual

Ferenc - Fraximal

Joel Tammik - Eluline

Marc Leclair -Musique Pour 3 Femmes Enceintes

Monolake - Polygon_Cities (this is the Monolake album you mean right)

Seamus (Amir Baghiri & Stefano Gentile) - Forever

Seele (Amir Baghiri & Stefano Gentile) - Berlin

Studio Pankow - Linienbusse

Vince Watson - Sublimina

2005 did turn out pretty good after all. so far I'm disapointed with 2006, but who knows it might change.

so far I've only enjoyed Monolake - Plumbicon Versions. these were OK though: Lump - LumpDub, Pablo Bolivar - Anjanas, Yagya - Will I Dream During The Process? (their previous album Rhythm Of Snow was much better though).

there are coming some nice re-issues:

Monolake - Hongkong

Bass Communion vs Muslimgauze - not sure wha the re-issue title will be, cause this CD will be including all tracks they produced together. this is experimental/industrial techno like the noisier side Monolake, perhaps comparable to Momentum.

and I did mention Monolake??

I've been enjoying these ones lately:

Antigen Shift - The way of the north

Geneviève Pasquier - Soap Bubble Factory (this is kind of easy listening compared to most other stuff on Ant-Zen)

564803[/snapback]

Those are just brilliant albums ^_^ And it might be more easy listening, but it's alot better than most of their generic rhytmic noise stuff these days. I hope they'll release more of this and Ab Ovo kind of stuff in the future too :)

so far I've only enjoyed Monolake - Plumbicon Versions. these were OK though: Lump - LumpDub, Pablo Bolivar - Anjanas, Yagya - Will I Dream During The Process? (their previous album Rhythm Of Snow was much better though).

564838[/snapback]

I actually liked the new one better :ph34r:

Le Temps Suspendu is a 2004 release,Empreintes was released in 2005 and its a flawless album,a big journey,priceless,they should have a quest to get this one as a reward.

564785[/snapback]

you are right

Empreintes is a great album, very trippy and psychedelic IMO. Certainly recommended.