Hallucinogen deranger/fluoro neuro style track

radi6404

Radi Radi Radi :(

Learn how to take a bit of critisism! I've heard some really good constructive critisism here & if you don't take it your music will never get any better!

If you really think you are as good as Simon Posford then why do you like his music so much? :huh:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. sigh

First of all... I know my comment to you was direct and a bit harsh maybe, but still, it was the plain truth atleast according to me. You are being quite ignorant and stupid with your own words against others, so I didn´t think my comment would sound that bad compared to yours.

If you think I don´t qualify to give my opinion, you don´t have to take it into account, I really don´t care that much. I don´t see the point in going into this but I will answer your questions anyways. About making music, I tried that years ago, made a couple of tracks that didn´t sound good. I have lots of friends that make psytrance who helped me with the programs and learning to use them. Basically I had everything that I needed to make something....no actually I had more, maybe too much to begin with. Well, anyways I didn´t have the motivation or ambition to make something.. maybe I didn´t have talent either. Mastering, no I don´t know much about it, no. Never got that far myself. I still like to listen to the good music that hopefully is the result of the process tho  ;) I know that it is not easy to make something good and I really respect everybody that make music these days a lot more after my own tremblings.

About my equipment (Whatever this has got to do with this topic). I am working as a graphic designer and I have been studying media arts for some time now, so the computer really is a essential tool for me to. I use a Powermac G5 Dual 2.0 (with 2 X 2 GHz) that is set up according to the needs for the type of work I do. Never tried it for musicmaking, so I can´t tell how well it would run the applications, but I´m sure it wouldn´t be totally useless. Maybe someone with more experience with Macs and music making would know better?

I myself have been running at parties for ten years now both in Finland and abroad and I still have a special place in my heart for Goa. It still is the style I like the most but I appreciate good music in all genres and sub-genres. We have been busy for the last couple of years with organising our own parties, which was a goal for a bunch of us back in the days. It has been awarding but really hard work too. During this time we have learnt to know a lot of artists that we have discussed with about the possibility of them coming to our parties. You know how many have behaved like you?  :blink: 

If you respect others you will also get respect. If you don t...well, you have been warned. If you jump on guys like Nemo that have made music literally before you were born you really wont come off as a guy I do respect very much...

Guys like Nemo will possibly be able to give you the best critic and advise you can get. If you want to go forward you´d better listen to what they have to say and not bang your head against the wall and insult them.

Humble is a word that should be well known to artists in whatever they do. My work with graphic design has tought me a lot of that. It doesn´t matter if a guy that doesn´t know anything about designing or Photoshop, illustrator, indesing etc. If he doesn´t like what I do, he sure can tell me so. It is just as important as a designers wiew of it...or actually it is more important. Because in the end of the day, it is not the designers that the work I do is made for. It is the ordinary people and their reactions that matter.

654164[/snapback]

Very well said (Not because you mentioned me). But I would like to point out what you already stated, Humbleness, and RESPECT, are the keywords I think. Being HONEST is also very important!

Of course, also the eagerness to learn and evolve! :)

FYI we all are talking about Mixing here not mastering. Mastering is post-processing, mixing is controling the volume levels within the sequencer.

Radi when I first produced a track I almost shit myself I thought it was so good. But the truth is your first couple of tracks are never good, only promising. And even if you make something awesome, someone will always have something bad to say about it - you have to accept this and learn from it or ignore it and continue doing what you want.

Your track has promising synths, I'm impressed of the sounds you are using - but that is only one part. Really the music is what we listen to not how close the synths sound to hallucinogen's gear from 1996. Hallucinogen now doesn't even sound like "hallucinogen" if you know what I mean. The sounds don't matter, its how they are used.

My advice is that you have something going on for you but if you want to be successful and you want to bring something new, never try to follow an artist. You can be inspired but don't follow them otherwise you aren't bringing anything new. Like with this track, I hear some hallucinogen sounds and old synths but I don't much care, I've listened ot plenty of hallucinogen and its a great accomplish, but if you're trying to make his style you will never succeed for the simple fact that he did it first, no matter how closely you follow it.

654106[/snapback]

Man, i will not make the track she did, i will just continue his style but make new tracks, man there´s no better style than his psychedelic trance out there and i will continue it but ofcourse don´t remeake his tracks. I am very dissapointed of the ingonrant people here, on KVR most people gave me a lot of advices and where very friendly, but here some imbeciles like stalker only look for fightings, and now i mean it serious, look at my kvr threads, most people helped with no problem but the imbeclile stalker only talks bullshit. I want him to be banned.

Man, i will not make the track she did, i will just continue his style but make new tracks, man there´s no better style than his psychedelic trance out there and i will continue it but ofcourse don´t remeake his tracks. I am very dissapointed of the ingonrant people here, on KVR most people gave me a lot of advices and where very friendly, but here some imbeciles like stalker only look for fightings, and now i mean it serious, look at my kvr threads, most people helped with no problem but the imbeclile stalker only talks bullshit. I want him to be banned.

654319[/snapback]

You are contradicting yourself there my friend. You said it was wrong to say things like that. And from what I saw on KVR, there are SOME that say the same to you as they do here, and then there are the more diplomatic ones. I have read your posts, no worries.

But you seem to not understand what people are trying to tell you in this thread, or you have chosen to ignore a couple of users (including Colin, Jikk, Delirium and me)....

Im sorry, but focus on the music, take the criticism that you get, and evolve your skills. Many here have actually give you very good points, but I dont see you thanking them for it, you just go on rambling about how bad people are to you.

You are contradicting yourself there my friend. You said it was wrong to say things like that. And from what I saw on KVR, there are SOME that say the same to you as they do here, and then there are the more diplomatic ones. I have read your posts, no worries.

But you seem to not understand what people are trying to tell you in this thread, or you have chosen to ignore a couple of users (including Colin, Jikk, Delirium and me)....

Im sorry, but focus on the music, take the criticism that you get, and evolve your skills. Many here have actually give you very good points, but I dont see you thanking them for it, you just go on rambling about how bad people are to you.

654333[/snapback]

Nemo, there are a lot of users which described my mistakes there in the posted tracks in a very friendly way and i could also feel they like goa a lot. Here on this forum there are a lot of users (including you) which if there are mistakes just tell them in a very rude way like "no i must not, your mastering is aktually very bad", on that forum there are alot of guys which are so friendly that they even pick links out and made researches for me, nemo, i hope you also saw that i was very friendly and polite to those users, too, in this forum many users are rude and spot you for your mistakes. Colin, Jikk, Delirium who you mentioned are not this type of users.

Here on this forum there are a lot of users (including you) which if there are mistakes just tell them in a very rude way like "no i must not, your mastering is aktually very bad".

If you want feedback on a track, you must expect it to be honest. Most of the feedback you've been given here is constructive feedback, you've gotten a lot of hints and tips on how to improve. That's what I want when I ask people for feedback. In fact, I hate it when people say "nice track bro". I mean, what does that mean? Not a god damn thing.

It's better with honest, constructive critisism.

Colin, Jikk, Delirium who you mentioned are not this type of users.

654442[/snapback]

You mean they only spotted out the "faults" to make fun of you?

After reading what they said, that is most certainly not the case. They gave you good constructive feedback.

If you want feedback on a track, you must expect it to be honest. Most of the feedback you've been given here is constructive feedback, you've gotten a lot of hints and tips on how to improve. That's what I want when I ask people for feedback. In fact, I hate it when people say "nice track bro".  I mean, what does that mean? Not a god damn thing.

It's better with honest, constructive critisism.

You mean they only spotted out the "faults" to make fun of you?

After reading what they said, that is most certainly not the case. They gave you good constructive feedback.

654449[/snapback]

No, i meant they were the ones who told me how to improve the bad things and told me what´s fine allready.

Nemo, there are a lot of users which described my mistakes there in the posted tracks in a very friendly way and i could also feel they like goa a lot. Here on this forum there are a lot of users (including you) which if there are mistakes just tell them in a very rude way like "no i must not, your mastering is aktually very bad", on that forum there are alot of guys which are so friendly that they even pick links out and made researches for me, nemo, i hope you also saw that i was very friendly and polite to those users, too, in this forum many users are rude and spot you for your mistakes. Colin, Jikk, Delirium who you mentioned are not this type of users.

654442[/snapback]

So does that mean if I am diplomatic then you like me and if I'm honest then you don't? If I, for example, would think the kick you use is horrible and I am not telling you that "it's horrible", but that "it might be in the need of improving it somehow" you'd like me better than otherwise?

You know, that is a form of that stuff we call "ass-crawling" in Austria : "In den Arsch kriechen."

If I would produce a track I'd appreciate people's honest opinions. If somebody thinks it's shit and rubbish he/she should have the right to say so without being disliked by me! In fact I'd be thankful for it if it's pointed in a constructive way (like "goddamn, put more attack on that kick, I can't even hear jack shite here!"), because it would give me to think "maybe many other ones that say it's all good and nothing else are maybe only crawling up my arse?" In the end it's my own decision anyway, my own opinion if I decide to improve the track or not...

You should be thankful for every comment, for good and bad ones ... and especially if they are posted in a constructive way. The best critics are constructive ones (what would I do with a mere "it's all rubbish" comment anyway...), so be thankful.

But you must say that the mastering is fine

653195[/snapback]

YOUR reply... short.

no i must not, because actually it sounds very bad.... sorry man :(

653209[/snapback]

MY reply, shorter, and I even added that I am sorry to say so.

On which you could have answered something like:

"Could you tell me what you think is so bad about it?"

but instead your reply was:

you are just an ignorant imbecile and have no clue

653222[/snapback]

Now, do you THINK that that will trigger any constructive answers from my side? Do you think that I would be willing to point out what you might wanna do diffrently?

You really dont see your mistake here do you?

Bah, its not worth it, trying to talk to you about this, because you will not change your mind about this. I would gladly (Before) have helped you with some tips, and even posted a couple of links to some mastering/mixing homepages if you wanted to learn some more about it....

now I just dont feel like it anymore... i lost my patience.

Sorry!

So does that mean if I am diplomatic then you like me and if I'm honest then you don't? If I, for example, would think the kick you use is horrible and I am not telling you that "it's horrible", but that "it might be in the need of improving it somehow" you'd like me better than otherwise?

You know, that is a form of that stuff we call "ass-crawling" in Austria : "In den Arsch kriechen."

If I would produce a track I'd appreciate people's honest opinions. If somebody thinks it's shit and rubbish he/she should have the right to say so without being disliked by me! In fact I'd be thankful for it if it's pointed in a constructive way (like "goddamn, put more attack on that kick, I can't even hear jack shite here!"), because it would give me to think "maybe many other ones that say it's all good and nothing else are maybe only crawling up my arse?" In the end it's my own decision anyway, my own opinion if I decide to improve the track or not...

You should be thankful for every comment, for good and bad ones ... and especially if they are posted in a constructive way. The best critics are constructive ones (what would I do with a mere "it's all rubbish" comment anyway...), so be thankful.

654457[/snapback]

No, it´s not ass-crawling, i hate to be direct to persons and i don´t like to hear too direct comments of persons, for me it is insulting to say, your mastering is awful, your kick is fucking bad and stuff like that, i like it in a polite way and i never would say to someone it is shit etc, i find it very unpolite.

No, it´s not ass-crawling, i hate to be direct to persons and i don´t like to hear too direct comments of persons, for me it is insulting to say, your mastering is awful, your kick is fucking bad and stuff like that, i like it in a polite way and i never would say to someone it is shit etc, i find it very unpolite.

654465[/snapback]

then you should stop making music all over... if you can not take comments like that. im sorry.

YOUR reply... short.

MY reply, shorter, and I even added that I am sorry to say so.

On which you could have answered something like:

"Could you tell me what you think is so bad about it?"

but instead your reply was:

Now, do you THINK that that will trigger any constructive answers from my side? Do you think that I would be willing to point out what you might wanna do diffrently?

You really dont see your mistake here do you?

Bah, its not worth it, trying to talk to you about this, because you will not change your mind about this. I would gladly (Before) have helped you with some tips, and even posted a couple of links to some mastering/mixing homepages if you wanted to learn some more about it....

now I just dont feel like it anymore... i lost my patience.

Sorry!

654458[/snapback]

This is because i got very angry, man, i just finished the track and give really my affort there, and you blown me away with sorry it is very bad, it is like you try very hard to make something good and people are telling it is very bad, don´t you get angry of this?

"then you should stop making music all over... if you can not take comments like that. im sorry."

No, then i have to pick out people who are cool like some guys on KVR, i am not in the "Superstar" show with Dieter Bolen who thinks he is godlike and puts everyone down like hell, this is not the right way.

This is because i got very angry, man, i just finished the track and give really my affort there, and you blown me away with sorry it is very bad, it is like you try very hard to make something good and people are telling it is very bad, don´t you get angry of this?

654474[/snapback]

I was really trying to not post here but well, I fail.

What kind of replies do you expect if you post a sample and compare it with Hallucinogen, one of the best producers ever?!?! I mean the overal tone here was that the track has good elements BUT that there is also a lot of stuff missing. If you can't take that you souldn't post your track in a public forum. Most of the people here, especially nemo and collin, were trying to help you and you get angry about them?!

Funny thing is that you take stuff about your track very personal (as if people were saying that you suck instead of some parts of your track) while you don't mind to piss on tracks you don't like, music styles, even about recommendations people made in your topics when you were asking for tracks. Maybe you should get of you high-horse and try to accept people's help, especially when you aks for it!

654474[/snapback]

Hey Radi. I've made quite a few darkpsy tracks. I'm sure you'll hate those tracks. But others actually like it.

The same with your track. Some people liked it, others didn't. That's what music is about. Besides, most people commented on the sound ... and as far as I know you're not working on studio monitors, but some logitech game speakers?

"then you should stop making music all over... if you can not take comments like that. im sorry."

No, then i have to pick out people who are cool like some guys on KVR, i am not in the "Superstar" show with Dieter Bolen who thinks he is godlike and puts everyone down like hell, this is not the right way.

654474[/snapback]

I HAVE NEVER, called someone an imbecile, because he didnt like my music... look in my thread where Reger comments on my tracks, but doesnt like 6 out 8 of them... did I get rude on his ass?!

See, you cant even say you are sorry for your actions, you just talk around it, as if you were right to call me an imbecile... humbleness radi.... one thing that you need to learn about I think..

No, I dont get angry by peoples opinions, I get inspired to do better work, to show them that I can do better... it triggers me...

Anyways, good luck with your music, I hope you find your path one day!

Hey Radi. I've made quite a few darkpsy tracks. I'm sure you'll hate those tracks. But others actually like it.

The same with your track. Some people liked it, others didn't. That's what music is about. Besides, most people commented on the sound ... and as far as I know you're not working on studio monitors, but some logitech game speakers?

654480[/snapback]

I don´t own studiomonitors but indeet some lgotech, they are not bd but monitors are way better for music making.

I don´t own studiomonitors but indeet some lgotech, they are not bd but monitors are way better for music making.

654482[/snapback]

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm sure they're kickass for playing games, watching movies and listening to music.

But a lot of people commented on the sound of your track. If you were working on studio monitors your track might have sounded quite different, getting rid of those elements people didn't like (bassdrum low in volume, percussion etc).

I know getting monitors helped me quite a lot.

I HAVE NEVER, called someone an imbecile, because he didnt like my music... look in my thread where Reger comments on my tracks, but doesnt like 6 out 8 of them... did I get rude on his ass?!

See, you cant even say you are sorry for your actions, you just talk around it, as if you were right to call me an imbecile... humbleness radi.... one thing that you need to learn about I think..

No, I dont get angry by peoples opinions, I get inspired to do better work, to show them that I can do better... it triggers me...

Anyways, good luck with your music, I hope you find your path one day!

654481[/snapback]

Can´t you read arround, didn´t they teach that on school, with the post you quoted is like an excuise, i told you i were very angry so that means i wouldn´t have posted it whne i weren´t angry there :) what´s so rude on imbecile, the dictionary shows it means "Schwachsinniger", if someone tell me this i don´t get offended at all. If the word does have a different meaning i am aktually sorry.

imbecile

a person of the second order in a former classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.

654491[/snapback]

:lol:

does that mean that all 7-8yr olds are imbeciles??? :unsure::lol:

Can´t you read arround, didn´t they teach that on school, with the post you quoted is like an excuise, i told you i were very angry so that means i wouldn´t have posted it whne i weren´t angry there  :) what´s so rude on imbecile, the dictionary shows it means "Schwachsinniger", if someone tell me this i don´t get offended at all. If the word does have a different meaning i am aktually sorry.

654488[/snapback]

Schwachsinniger means someone that is basically a retard... so.... yeah, even in German I would get very offended ;) and yet you try to make me look like a retard, by telling me "didn´t they teach that on school, with the post you quoted is like an excuise"

You dont cease to amaze me Radi... discussion over from my part, im never gonna participate in any of your track threads again..

and most sincerely, I wish you good luck with becoming a good artist one day.