Bamboo Forest - Revival

The Watcher

ok...

I didn't like the new bamboo forest album that much either, and expected something more original but did you have to write such a review ???

it's indeed fullon style, but not hard kicking fullon, they are more subtle then other fullon artist but the climaxes at the end are a bit flat too bad...

This album was delayed for a year so I was expecting a bit older full on sound. After listening to it for 2 times I kinda like the music (considering what full on sounds today and you have to accept it) but the vocals instantly make me vomit! This euro-trance 'I'm blue, blahblahblah, in a blue world, blue house, blue windows' etc :blink:

All in all this is a disappointment, but Bamboo Forest manage to produce much better and interesting stuff than all the '0mFg wtf killlarghh!!!!!!!111' style modern neo gay full on.

PS You should not write reviews like this.

This album was delayed for a year so I was expecting a bit older full on sound. After listening to it for 2 times I kinda like the music (considering what full on sounds today and you have to accept it) but the vocals instantly make me vomit! This euro-trance 'I'm blue, blahblahblah, in a blue world, blue house, blue windows' etc  :blink:

All in all this is a disappointment, but Bamboo Forest manage to produce much better and interesting stuff than all the '0mFg wtf killlarghh!!!!!!!111' style modern neo gay full on.

PS You should not write reviews like this.

383780[/snapback]

OH NO, SOMEONE DID NOT USE THAT F*CKING BLUE PEOPLE SONG IN ANOTHER TRACK DID THEY????? :o:o:o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :angry::(:(:ph34r:

I HATE that song with a vengance god its awful. the world should have burned every copy ever made not make a new song with it in.

They just commited Album suicide........ :( poor buggers.... :(

OH NO, SOMEONE DID NOT USE THAT F*CKING BLUE PEOPLE SONG IN ANOTHER TRACK DID THEY????? :o  :o  :o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :angry:  :(  :(  :ph34r:

I HATE that song with a vengance god its awful. the world should have burned every copy ever made not make a new song with it in.

They just commited Album suicide........ :(  poor buggers.... :(

383783[/snapback]

oh god...i HATE that song so much i cannot express it in words enough. why? why do that?

It just sucks, they converted to the 'simpletons' in my eyes. No real intelligent music here. Vocals in psytrance mostly don't work at all, and in this case that rings true again.

I agree that the album is certainly of rather poor quality.

However, I do think that The Walker's very childish approach to this review was not strictly necessary nor particularly fun to read.

Pedro

Rezwalker,

Thanks for the very nice private message you sent me. It was rather sweet of you to come to The Watcher's defence and I was delighted to read your insults.

Not much more than a week in these forums and you are already distributing asinine messages. Congratulations and welcome to the board!

You are obvious stuck in the same stage of evolution as The Watcher. And I am really not interested in finding out which one it is...

Best of luck.

Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

i just read the first review and mmmmMMm damn i think i agree with u.

i really liked the other bamboo forest albums but i think this cd, has nothing new to offer .

3 words; boring, boring AND SAD

bamboo forest ----sorry but this cd its boring ;)

PEace to all

I admit my review was harsh and improper

390560[/snapback]

Sorry mate, but what you wrote what not a "review", it was pointless crap from start to finish. If you think that was a review, you may have to check out the definition of the word again. Simply complaining about how bad the music is is not the same as reviewing it.

I haven't heard the whole cd myself, as I heard it was full-on, but I've heard the last two songs, which are pretty nice. All in all a dissapointing finish of the project though, I expected more from them than a boring full-on formula. Hopefully they'll make better music on their own, even though I have my doubts.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Posted Image

Bamboo Forest

Revival

MP Records

Shite

Tracklist

1 Voyager 7.19

2 Revival 6.33

3 Syncopations 7.16

4 Soft Limit 7.20

5 MP 7.13

6 Ipanema 6.54

7 Techno Logic 8.17

8 Simonal 6.38

9 Karmatic 7.02

How good was Bamboo Forest - Bamboo Forest ay? One of my favourite artists out with a new album. I didn't hear any hype about this so didn't have my hopes up. I just found it in a shop & instantly bought it. I thought this couldn't be bad. How wrong I was. This is probably the worst Psy-Trance album I have ever heard. Well it shouldn't be called Psy-Trance, this is cheesy eurobeat crap. Some advice, read this then don't buy this god awful garbage.

1 Voyager (Full on opener, Crap)

Starts off with with an accented english sample which doesnt seem to offensive but has in the back ground a really irritating high pitch whining noise, urgh. The beat kicks in just after a minute and there are synth cords all over the place. It has set the tone for a full on album. The beat is very generic and you feel glad when it fades out at the end. Not the best opener for such a highly anticipated album. I'm feeling a little disappointed that I parted with my hard earned (well earned anyway) cash for full on.

2 Revival (Same as track 1)

Starts with a much better beat which would have been cool if the track had continued in the same vien but instead of progressing the beat into something nice on 41 seconds the same full on beat as track 1 comes in and this track does have a very similar feel to the first. on 2 minutes the decent beat comes back but just for a few seconds, replaced swiftly by full on. There are some vocal samples but I cant quite make them out but it really does sound like "sell out sell out sell out". Some nice synths come in around 4 minutes which sound promising at first but aren't. The track ends in exactly the same way as the first. Better than the first track but marginally.

3 Syncopations (Good sample ruined)

Starts off with a deep forest sample but it is slightly more distorted and in the back of you mind you can feel the full on beat coming which fades in after 50 seconds and the full on kicks in on 71. A spacey (well it wants to be) vocal sample says something about the cosmos and the Africany deep forest sample threads back in but even though you can tell it's the same sample (which I loved on deep forest's work (I'm pretty sure it's deep forest but if it not sorry)) it just sound tacky on this. This track sums up my feelings for the album so far, which is this - There are some nice ideas but the pretty poorly put together in full on style.

4 Soft Limit (better but boring)

Starts with euro pop singing, a slightly better fullon beat kicks in on 40 seconds which is joined by a much nicer sub beat and bit later. Apart from the awful vocals this is a much better track than the previous 3. More subtle (not subtle but more subtle) sounds in it but there is just that f**king vocal that ruins everything. Well the track just keeps on going, no real progression and after five minutes starting to something would change but the whole tracks on a loop it seems. Slight cord changes don't cut it bamboo forest. Around 7 minutes a really nice floaty sound gives me a little hope but then the track ends.

5 MP (I make kiddie trance)

Starts with a more tribal beat for the intro but you know whats coming yes on 40 seconds you have that full on beat again. A vocal that sounded okay the first time got irritating after 4 or 5 times and them some really awful kiddie trance vocals. This sounds like Sash or ATB or something your teenage sister listens to and thinks she's really cool because she doesn't listen to Britney Spears like all those sad c*nts at school. Sorry sister but this is just as bad. Quite nice industrial sounds which you can hear when the beat stops briefly but its not good enough to make up for the rest of the song (there are so many vocals I feel I can call it a song)

6 Ipanema (Cheesy gay Shit!)

It has the best start to any track on the album, a slightly ethereal voice (SLIGHTLY) but soon a strange techhy sound comes in and 50 seconds in comes the same fullon beat. One and a half minutes in and you'll be pissing yourself laughing. The cheesiest sample I have heard since my university flatmates took me to saturday night at student union (it was actually advertised as more cheese than a safeway deli counter). It goes (imagine 80's boy band trying to sound really sexy to 12 year old girls) "wont you touch me touch me touch me". Really made me laugh in an oh my god what can come next kind of way. I had to ask, a slightly less gay voice but ultimately gayer (is that a word or is it more gay?) sample which goes something like "Take a look inside, Magic in your eyes"

7 Techno Logic (Complete rip off)

Starts of kind of well with slow keyboard chords but the techno logic vocal comes in, I've heard that somewhere before. But where...? Bugger me with a fish fork this track is technologic by daft punk. Is this the same guy as in daft punk? if not can you just rip off a song that much? Now I know nystagmus' consciousness sounds 90% like Infected mushroom's Shen (I think Shen) but that's just the melody. This is almost an exact copy of daft punk just put into a really gay full on style (I thought the daft punk one was okay apart from the words). It even has the same name it just not one word, it's 2. That will keep the copyright laws at bay and Mr Bamboo forest if you are Daft Punk you should stick to that project. All that aside this is a bloody annoying tune. It was the worst on Human after all and amazingly the worst on this album too. Feeling pissed off that I own that track twice.

8 Simonal (Thank god it wasn't as bad as 7)

Once again starts off fine and the beat this time kicks in deeper which a decent sub beat. Decent sounds and a sample actually complement this tune quite well. A few industrial/techhy sounds are quite good and a attempt a melody. This tarck is sounding okay but maybe Im just relieved it wasn't as bad as the previous track, oh god I'm reliving it, close to tears just thinking of it. No this is easily the best track on the album so far. It has better sounds and the arrangement if not good is not complete, total and utter crap. If I heard this on it's own I would just think generic and harmless but overall pretty shit. It keeps saying FUCKERS for no reason.

9 Karmatic (I wish the rest of the album was only this shit)

Last track Hurray! Starts of saying T minus 1 minute and continues with a countdown. No this isn't a countdown to the end of the album (I'm not that lucky). No full on beat kicks in and I have to admit I'm kind of relieved. Finishing an album with a downbeat track may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's the only thing done even close to right on the whole album. I actually don't mind this track. Floaty lady voices, nice ethereal sounds in the background, a nicer beat. It is actually quite a pleasant end to the album but it gets you wondering why the rest of the album is such boring generic fullon or kiddie trance.

To sum up the album then.

Bamboo Forest - Revival has some nice ideas in it but the production is crap and for every nice idea there are 5 realllllllly bad ideas thrown on top of it. The last track is fine, track 7 is one of the most god awful things I've ever heard. Track 6 is one of the cheesiest things I have ever heard. The rest is just crap! You know how sometimes a movie is so bad it's good. This is not like that It's just bad. If you like cheesy euro pop then give this a sniff if not, don't bother. Even if you like fullon you probably wont like this. I like fullon myself I just hate generic shit fullon like most stuff so I'm not just saying this is bad because I don't like the style, it really is bad. I wont be playing this again.

7/10

hahahahaha just kidding

1/10

that's one for the last track and making me piss myself laughing.