Artists experimenting with acid

I'm very interested in acid, music-creativity and stuff...

Now i wonder wich artists/groups you think is/have experimenting with acid? (during the making of the music, and so on)

I got some suspicions about these (LOL) : etnica, astral, mfg, electric universe, raja ram, 1200 mics...

By the way, you've got the full right to think i'm stupid :rolleyes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you honestly think is possible to gobble some drops and be able to sit in front of a computer and actually do something productive?

major kudos if you can... but i find it unlikely...

351622[/snapback]

No i didnt mean so, i didnt make myself clear, i mean.. like... "get inspired" by LSD some how, as many rockbands and stuff was in the 70's.. and so on

i am not sure about MFG. in an interview they had said "you dont need any drugs to understand our music, no drugs in our scene" etc etc but yet again i am not sure..

well it wouldnt be that easy for an artists to openly say "yeah i took 4 blotters to get inspired for my track.." etc etc

do you honestly think is possible to gobble some drops and be able to sit in front of a computer and actually do something productive?

major kudos if you can... but i find it unlikely...

351622[/snapback]

OMG, when were u born ppl? Of course its possible, of course a lot of bands have made music on acid, of course a lot of DJs have played their best sets on acid. Ffs, already The Beatles made music on acid.

In the 90s it was more a rule than an exception that the artists took acid.

Nope i dont think so... he sais in a very fresh interview thats hes only has taken DMT! And i believe in that..

351616[/snapback]

Yeah, right!

He's made the most well known acid anthem of this scene: LSD. He's calling himself Hallucinogen. There's tons of drug references in his music.

Any way, here's a quote form an interview:

So where & when did the Hallucinogen & CO as we know them begin?

At the end of the 80's and early 90's I was going to a lot of free parties and festivals. There was no criminal justice act, and there was little that the police could do. The music was basically ecstasy music.. We didn't know or care who the DJ's were... It just all good mad fun, necking yer Mick Mills, and havin' it all night. Then when I started working at butterfly, I was hearing tunes like 'the age of love', the jam n spoon stellar mix, under the influence of a dangerous acid punch, wondering if I could make this brilliant style of music that had such a devastating effect on the dancefloor..... so I made 'L.S.D' and 'solstice' as my first attempt at something like it, and just sorta carried on really

Full interview here

Yeah, right!

He's made the most well known acid anthem of this scene: LSD. He's calling himself Hallucinogen. There's tons of drug references in his music.

Any way, here's a quote form an interview:

Full interview here

351674[/snapback]

Okey, Where did you read that? :ph34r:

*DOHHH* sorry i found it! HAHAHA...

Pardon my french, but that is complete bullshit.

351661[/snapback]

:lol: hilarious :)

These days probably none use psychedelics, i suspect coke or something similar. I would suspect Texas Faggot could handle acid and tweak some knobs,  but they said they only sniff glue.

351662[/snapback]

:lol:

i am not sure about MFG. in an interview they had said "you dont need any drugs to understand our music, no drugs in our scene" etc etc but yet again i am not sure..

well it wouldnt be that easy for an artists to openly say "yeah i took 4 blotters to get inspired for my track.." etc etc

351640[/snapback]

yes hallucinogen - lsd is just a joke and all the billion other drug named tracks :rolleyes:

OMG, when were u born ppl? Of course its possible, of course a lot of bands have made music on acid, of course a lot of DJs have played their best sets on acid. Ffs, already The Beatles made music on acid.

351671[/snapback]

i was born in south america where were you born?

there's a slight difference between picking up a guitar or a drumset and firing up reason or logic while you are on acid... and trying to punch keys and and sync LFO's getting the modulations right with the oscillators...

i said it was unlikely, not impossible to make something 'productive'. ;)

the question is equally stupid

351756[/snapback]

The whole question wasnt about "making the music WHILE tripping on acid" the question was WICH artists get INSPIRED by acid, and i think you understood that right?

I think all of them... u can't be in this scene without a single acidific expirience.

351646[/snapback]

Pardon my french, but that is complete bullshit.

351661[/snapback]

<_< <_< <_< look at this:

351671[/snapback]

D-Dave is Battle of the Future Buddhas... heared about him?

The whole question wasnt about "making the music WHILE tripping on acid" the question was WICH artists get INSPIRED by acid, and i think you understood that right?

351758[/snapback]

ok dude and i was answering to the other guy's query, chill man every single thread goes off topic in this place... just alook around...

which artists get inspired? i dunno how am i supposed to know... it is after all 'psychedelic' trance so my guess is quite few...

here's a hint though:

look in the booklet of your cd's and if they say "thanks to: Alber Hoffman" like the para halu cd then there you go!

Edited by RAH