PSY DJS PLAYING OUTSIDE THE PSY-SCENE

I HAVE BEEN SEEING PSY DJ PLAYING IN PARTIES WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR CULTURE/ THIS SUMMER WAS IN LEBANON AND SAW A QUITE FAMOUS PSYCHEDELIC DJ PLAYING WITH PALL TALL (HOUSE). what u guys think anout it.

Couldn't care less.

C'est la vie.

Shit happens.

blablabla

It is acctually very elitist to stick to a certain scene.

If the people liked it and the Dj's liked it, why not?

happens in Belgium too: parties with psy, hardcore, breakcore , speedcore, etc etc. mixture of all crazy styles.

haha wtf, this looks exactly like the black metal scene... fans start to bash bands and hate some bandmembers because they play in a other band in a different genre.. haha

Guest The Journey Man Project

he who play holy music of Goa outside of the scene shall be forever heading to hell... pfft congrats mate, you are a champ :lol: NOT :lol: Don't let us stop you fromt hinking you are great for doing this tho, the psy scene is all about EGO!!

I think it's better that psy dj's who want to try something different create a new name and release or play comparing to other artist who still claim to be psytrance but aren't...

ah well, I play on acid parties too once in a while... And I even played in one of the most exclusive clubs of Belgium (La Rocca), during art performances...

And people are always blown away there (specially at the acid parties)... When you play some Mama Indica stuff or Talking Souls all the acid freaks are like... WHAT IS THAT!!! I DONT KNOW THAT!!!!!! héhé, so I don't see any problems in playing on different parties... We only have 1 message as a dj...

we have to show people how blissfull goa trance can be, and that's not something exclusive for people that go to psyparties imo (alltough they understoud the message a long time ago already of course)

ah well, I play on acid parties too once in a while... And I even played in one of the most exclusive clubs of Belgium (La Rocca), during art performances...

And people are always blown away there (specially at the acid parties)... When you play some Mama Indica stuff or Talking Souls all the acid freaks are like... WHAT IS THAT!!! I DONT KNOW THAT!!!!!! héhé, so I don't see any problems in playing on different parties... We only have 1 message as a dj...

we have to show people how blissfull goa trance can be, and that's not something exclusive for people that go to psyparties imo (alltough they understoud the message a long time ago already of course)

346210[/snapback]

word up :D

"I would also love to see "non-psy" DJs playing at psy events."

Only if there is more than one stage or room.

When I go to psy event... it's to hear psy. Having said that, I enjoy other styles in moderation (except Happy Hardcore *puke*). I like it when you can go listen to another style for a while, and when that loses interest, I go back to the room full of pumping psytrance and instantly it's like a wave of goodness hits me and I'm that much happier to be there. Especially when you go back to the psy room and a great track is playing.

i think it's great. There's a dj in Sydney who plays psy at uplifting trance parties. He plays quite a variety of music in a set. I really enjoy his sets. Download em from here> http://www.djmuli.com

Id like to see more psy djs at trance parties, cause i usually end up at more trance parties than psy parties because of my mates taste in music.

Hello people and all psy lovers,

I'm sorry to crash in like that but apparently I have an urgent reply to give to the person who opened this topic.

Please take the time to read this because it concerns every single one of us who has a bit of common sense in his head.

I already posted this earlier today, but I was informed that this was the active thread so I will allow myself to post it again in here:

I HAVE BEEN SEEING PSY DJ PLAYING IN PARTIES WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR CULTURE/ THIS SUMMER WAS IN LEBANON AND SAW A QUITE FAMOUS PSYCHEDELIC DJ PLAYING WITH PALL TALL (HOUSE). what u guys think anout it.

345452[/snapback]

Dear psyoam,

I will tell you exactly what I think about it:

1. I think you are asking the members here to judge something they have no clue about, and it's weird from you to ask such a question. It seems like youre trying to bring attention to yourself on behalf of the lebanese scene (in which you have absolutely NOTHING to do).

2. The lebanese psy scene is still very small and not elaborate, and as any other scene, its just a matter of time.

3. Do you know that most dj's start mixing in the basement of their homes or even in empty buildings? I guess that has nothing to do with you rculture either. But what the hell, there is a start to everything right?

4. Can you please tell us who PALL TALL is, because as far as my knowledge tells me, the guy's name is PAUL and his nickname is Tall Paul. Or maybe your mistaken with the cigarettes brand Pall Mall ?

5. It's great that you finally admit that DJ Stamina is a famous & talented dj, you have finally come to your senses.

6. Tell me now if a famous internationally renowned dj like Tall Paul wants a local Lebanese PSYCHADELLIC dj to follow-up with his set, where is the harm?

Is it wrong to take advantage of a massive crowd to educate people and show them what psychadellic music is? I don't think so dude, I think you should have thought about it a bit more.

7. Last but not least, maybe hundreds of these unexperienced clubbers now talk about DJ Stamina and psychadellic music, as well as they are asking for more psychadellic parties that we will make sure to deliver them with the right psychadellic environment.

Thank you for bringing the attention to all the members in here who wish to investigate a possibility in investing in Beirut for the expansion of the Lebanese Psy scene with the famous and well renowned and definitely the most talented Psychadellic dj in Lebanon, dj Stamina.

Peace

(Please feel free to visit www.lebaneseravers.com and have a look if any of you is interested)

Thank you for reading me out.

twisted

4. Can you please tell us who PALL TALL is, because as far as my knowledge tells me, the guy's name is PAUL and his nickname is Tall Paul. Or maybe your mistaken with the cigarettes brand Pall Mall ?

351865[/snapback]

bwaahaaahaaahaaaaa :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: , how old is that dude to whom u replied :blink: ?! some 15 or somethin i guess?! and btw - that sample in www.lebaneseravers.com sucks hard - ultralow crap quality and its not playin like loop 4/4, its going some arhythmic 4.xx with somethin, hope u understood me well :)!

peace

reger

I would like to hear a psy dj at a wedding (you know, in a alt-stage).

348254[/snapback]

friends of mine are inviting xenomorph to play @ their wedding ..

B)

FOR TWISTED :blink:

OM SHANTI

1) Short MALL, MALL TALL, TALL pall: NO DIFFERENCE TO ME AND NO INTEREST TO KNOW NEITHER.

2) FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE ALWAYS CONSIDERED STAMINA AND ALL THE OTHER LEBANESE DJS VERY TALENTED AND EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL, HOWEVER THERE ARE THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW FOR THE SIMPLE REASON YOU WERE NOT INSIDE THE EVENTS WHEN THEY OCCURED AS I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

3) I DO NOT SEE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN ME POSTING THIS TOPIC AND BRINGING ATTENTION TO MYSELF ON BEHALF OF THE LEBANESE SCENE ANYWAY THE ONLY ONE WHO IS ACTUALLY DROPPING NAMES AND TRY TO BRING ATTENTION TO WEB SITES AND DJS IT IS YOU.

4) AS FAR AS PSY SCENE IN LEBANON I REALLY HOPE IT WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN, AT THE PRESENT TIME IT IS VERY FAR FROM IT THOUGH...THE REASONS ARE MULTIPLES FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE ONE OF THEM WAS LACK OF UNITY, PERHAPS AFTER MY DEPARTURE TO ITALY EVERYBODY IS UNITED AT LEAST AGAINST ME.

5) I SHOULD ALSO ADD THAT MY DESIRE TO BUILD A TRIBE THERE IN LEBANON COULD HAVE BEEN MISSUNDERSTOOD BY SOME, AS I WAS SEEN AS SOMEONE WHO CAME TO GIVE LESSONS, WHICH I CAN ASSURE YOU WAS NOT MY INTENTION AT ALL.

6) BUT YOU ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT BY SAYING THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LEBANESE SCENE ANYMORE: DUE TO YOUR KIND HOSPITALITY AND WARMTH TOWARDS FOREIGNERS WHO ARE INVESTING IN THE SCENE I WAS PUSHED TO LEAVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY WHICH ONLY DURING THE PAST YEAR HAS EXPERIENCED REAL PSY PARTIES AND GUESS WHO ORGANIZED AND FINANCED THEM??. :P

MAY SHIVA BE WITH ALL OF YOU

OM NAMA SHIVA YA

bwaahaaahaaahaaaaa :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: , how old is that dude to whom u replied :blink: ?! some 15 or somethin i guess?! and btw - that sample in www.lebaneseravers.com sucks hard - ultralow crap quality and its not playin like loop 4/4, its going some arhythmic 4.xx with somethin, hope u understood me well :)!

peace

reger

351873[/snapback]

Hehehehe i like ure style ;)

as for the sample, its like 3 years old and it sounds like casseroles with twinklers or something but the whole site is being upgraded so it's just a matter of time.

As for the technical side of it (loop 4/4, 4.xx,..) i have no clue what you mean but it sure looks complicated :D